Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unit Volume Changes

Go down 
+2
Fyrr
Nikoli
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikoli

Unit Volume Changes Empty
PostSubject: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 4:52 pm

Though most of the new changes in warfare are very interesting and should make battling more eventful, the unit volume changes have made things much too difficult.

While my units are engaging one at a time and the others are taking round about paths and getting nowhere, the enemy is easily able to gang up and defeat my units one by one. I understand a change in tactics will be necessary and it makes total sense, but only being able to play on a tablet/laptop has made nearly any battling impossible for me.

I would like to propose a few changes be considered:

1. Engaged units have no volume while in battle. Once melee ends, the units disperse to normal volume levels.

-This would allow other friendly units to enter the melee as before

or 2. Set volume circles around units.

-This would let players see where units can or cannot move around friendlies.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:31 pm

It's about pathfinding more than volume (cough stupid AI).. and yea, as suggested many times - let units move better when outside of melee...

Still, after like 10 battles you should start getting used to units being much more fat.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 11:30 pm

Nikoli wrote:

1. Engaged units have no volume while in battle. Once melee ends, the units disperse to normal volume levels.

I like this idea. It prevents ball tactics quite efficiently and at the same time it solves the issue of flanks without any effort, where the second unit goes around the engaged unit to flank even if a player has send it head on into the fight.
Flanking should require some effort.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 12:19 am

Claudandus wrote:
Nikoli wrote:

I like this idea. It prevents ball tactics quite efficiently and at the same time it solves the issue of flanks without any effort, where the second unit goes around the engaged unit to flank even if a player has send it head on into the fight.
Flanking should require some effort.

I also like this idea, however flanking could need some tweaking combined with this idea (maybe).
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 1:09 am

Units should have 'half' (50%) volume when in melee, not none at all.
Back to top Go down
Nikoli

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 6:03 am

XViper wrote:
Units should have 'half' (50%) volume when in melee, not none at all.

If the 50% volume decrease allows units to enter melee and still makes flanking require some tactical effort, this could be perfect.
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 7:22 am

50% volume would make it much easier to a) move around engaged units to a better tactical position b) flank 'big' enemy units like HI more times right away.

Since volume decreases when units lose health you can get an idea of what this would be like by attacking with 1/2 health units. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unit Volume Changes   Unit Volume Changes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unit Volume Changes
Page 1 of 1