Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Several Suggestions.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kusin

Several Suggestions. Empty
PostSubject: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:26 am

1. About this forum
the background color is too dark, making this forum unreadable in mobile phones. (or maybe im too stupid that i dont know how to change it in my phone)

2. About strategy in battle
I would like to suggest Fog of War. especially in PVP. to make more rooms for strategy.
but fleeing troops and troops that has No encounter at all in certain time will be revealed automatically to avoid hiding which delay the game.

3. Encourage PvP
I would like to suggest reduce, or even remove punishment while lossing in PvP (i mean the EXP loss), because during PvP lossing a few troops cannot be avoided.
u still need to loss some gold to heal your troops but gain nothing is already a harsh punishment of lossing.

4. Make PvP more important
As reduced the punishment of lossing in PvP, add more conquest points for PvP to make PvP more important in capturing region.

For Point 3 and 4.
Because AIs are stupid, we play multi-player game but not single player game because we want to fight with someone as clever as us. if the punishment of lossing is too harsh to make people not willing to PvP, multi-player game will become boring.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 9:03 am

The fog of war had been talked about before, but what kind of FoW do you want? Realistic, where units have a forward cone of view so there back is exposed and you cant see past obstacles? Would the mini-map still be revealed enough to see the layout?

Either way that this is done could have impacts on certain aspects of balance. See i thought about how it would affect dwarves, since they are of the lowest speed i am thankful that the map is revealed, i can see what is coming and maneuver, but with Fog of War the disadvantage of speed gets just a little bit more severe. It would be very exciting non-the-less.

It would also add a whole new attribute to units in terms of balance, Vision. Would everyone have the same vision? Or would Elves with their stupid eyes have the best vision range? (only when their stupid long girly hair isnt wavering in their stupid faces)

But then some units might have WIDER cones of vision, or see in a safer radius, like a Beholder would see all around him. Then day/night cycles could further influence vision, team Evil would probably see a little better at night (and dwarves, dwarves totally see in the dark, SUCK IT ELVES)

Now, would ranged units have more range than vision? Or would a 60 range elf need a spotter ? I imagine 90-110 range Siege weapons would need a spotter.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:15 pm

Khor wrote:
only when their stupid long girly hair isnt wavering in their stupid faces
Its okay. Elves sometimes wish those stupid long beards got in the way of dwarves speaking too.

Heh. About the idea, its not bad, but it would be a rather huge undertaking that would require a lot of balance testing. Does it really add that much fun to combat? Worth it for how much effort and testing that would be required? More fun than the other big features the devs have on their roadmap?

Personally I would keep it as a low priority and save it for a big content patch down the road. I'd like to see a polished guild warfare system and a larger ecosystem of units well before FOW.

Last edited by Hegorn on Thu May 16, 2013 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 3:25 pm

It sounds super fun in concept but in practice im sure it would have numerous pitfalls, namely, both sides would turtle up and wait.

Heh unless it was objective based <3
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Lets just pretend both teams have magical map awareness.

FOW would be a pain in the ass, and would make battles dependant more on chance than awareness.

As pointed out, troop movement would be dicey; and turtles (which everyone loves) would be an understandable defensive tactic, likely to be common on the field.

Doesn't sound like fun to me, just my vote on the matter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Several Suggestions.   Several Suggestions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Several Suggestions.
Page 1 of 1