Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Expanding item storage

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tops

Expanding item storage Empty
PostSubject: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:24 pm

I'm not going to knock the new item storage - I think it looks pretty cool. But the smaller area makes managing larger inventories a pain in the butt, and I don't even want to think what it would be like if I was one of the people with several dozen of each item type and rarity

There should be a way to expand and shrink item/fragment storage, whether it's to fullscreen or at least to take up the full bottom area where frags/items are shown.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 5:46 pm

This reminds me of a Google Doc Joyce & I were working on awhile ago.

In it I suggested the following to do with the GUI:

Re-work the User Interface (UI), as follows:
Reduce the size of the graphical “for show” area.
Split Repair\Inventory & Craft\Fragments vertically (instead of horizontally)
When on ‘repair’ screen; remove ‘fragments’ section.
When on ‘craft’ screen; remove ‘inventory’ section.
Reduce size of repair slots. (~25%?)
Reduce size of equipment icons. (~25%?)
Clicking on down arrow or up arrow will no longer scroll so far as to skip rows;

There is so much wasted space. The fact that it has been reduced even further BOGGLES my mind.

Last edited by XViper on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 6:21 pm

Here is a VERY ROUGH draft I just put together.

Expanding item storage Dphr

Its obviously open to significant improvement, but the concept is there.

On the left you have your CRAFT and REPAIR buttons.
This left 'pane' will completely change depending on whether you are in the CRAFT or REPAIR screen.

REPAIR will show only repair slots, with items most damaged appearing at the top of the Inventory screen.

CRAFT will show only the "Weapons/Armor/Banners/Artifacts" display. With buttons for LI/Archers/HI/Cav/Heroes that appear below when you click on them. Fragments will appear at the top of the Inventory screen.

The Inventory area can show MANY MORE items. You could have a scroll bar, or even a 'page' select.

Perhaps there could also be a third screen called "VIEW" or "MAIN", where you get a FULL inventory screen, and there could be filter options for the various types to use.

Right now we have so much wasted space.
Expanding item storage O161

Functionality > Pretty.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 11:26 pm

So, personally i like the picture of the forge, BUT I'd LOVE being able to open a work space like you drew up X. it would make searching through the gear and determining what you actually have way easier, AND it would be nice to have sorting functions so u could see, for example, all your LI banners without have to go into your unit equiping screen where its the one long row and you can't see everything all at once. Oh yeah and I hate the new "dead" space in the lower middle, was better without the picture.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 am

Expanding item storage Sort10
I honestly just want a sub-sort bar below the current one, that lets you pick all, light infantry/light assault, archers, heavy infantry, and cavalry. *ie* i click on the weapons tab, and the sub bar shows up right below it to sort by type.

Also to implement natural sorting of gear by AP in descending order.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 11:40 pm

Only being able to see 6 full items is SO annoying.

Its like spending your whole time looking at your inventory through a magnifying glass.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 8:40 am

XViper wrote:
Only being able to see 6 full items is SO annoying.

Its like spending your whole time looking at your inventory through a magnifying glass.

Agreed. Even with sorting players who have been around for a while are going to have inventories to big to navigate comfortably in the crafting menu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Expanding item storage   Expanding item storage I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Expanding item storage
Page 1 of 1