Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

disconnected solos

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
kysirn

disconnected solos Empty
PostSubject: disconnected solos   disconnected solos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 pm

Don't know if this has been suggested before but instead of effectively giving the player a loss when they get disconnected during a solo fight, how about either 1) give them a chance to reconnect like in co-op and/or 2) have the AI take over and finish out the fight. This way, if the player was losing already he will still likely lose and thus will gain no advantage by purposefully disconnecting. Perhaps more importantly, if a player is winning and gets disconnected through no fault of their own, they will still have a chance to win the fight.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

disconnected solos Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected solos   disconnected solos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 1:59 pm

Yeah dunno about this one. It may be useful at lower lvls but at higher lvls if you disconnect and AI takes over you will most likely lose. I prefer the current system that you just lose 1 command point and whatever units that have died before the disconnect has happened. I imagine that when harder modes get implemented if AI would take over it would be a guaranteed loss. Just my 2 cents Smile
Back to top Go down
kysirn

disconnected solos Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected solos   disconnected solos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 4:57 pm

Well, I can only speak for myself but lately I've been having a lot of disconnects during a fight. I do NM and it seems to usually happen when I'm more than half way through the fight, by which point I'm usually clearly winning. It is rather frustrating.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

disconnected solos Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected solos   disconnected solos I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 5:03 pm

Happens to me too.

Sometimes I play from somewhere that has a bad wifi connection. I constantly drop out or have lag spikes that make me lose the game.

Unfortunately it can lead itself to potential abuse.

It would be nice if the AI just fought the remainder of the battle for you though, like they do in Coop. I've had times where there was only 1 archer unit remaining and I disconnected. By the time I was able to refresh, it was too late. I checked my barracks after, and it appears the game kept running as the archer squad systemically destroyed almost every squad I had remaining 1 by 1. So I got a loss with a huge heal cost. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

disconnected solos Empty
PostSubject: Re: disconnected solos   disconnected solos I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

disconnected solos
Page 1 of 1