Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problems with Sound.

Go down 
+7
Pearl
Jormogon
Scaren
RuneSlayer
lightshield
Savvage
XViper
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XViper

XViper

Problems with Sound. Empty
PostSubject: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 2:59 am

I'm finding myself with either no sound or very inconsistent* sound during my games.

*Sometimes my troops will say something when I give them an order, but most of the time I'll hear nothing. No "Fire!" from Archers, or "flee", or any of those sounds. Even the Dark Legion marching and battle sounds have disappeared.

It has only happened recently. Either since the patch, or since I started using Elven Artillery.

Edit: I've had trouble replicating the problem easily. A refresh of the browser window appears to fix it most of the time. However unless I perform a full refresh the problem will continue from battle to battle.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:45 am

This is what I hear when I on my sounds at all.

D-d-dea-dea--th
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:14 am

Thanks for the constructive input.......
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:09 am

Hey XViper,

vocals as sound effects depend on the distance you have from the unit. If you are too far from them you will hardly hear the sounds they make.

Also some vocals are a bit randomized to when they'll play eg. if you select a unit it won't always aknowledge its selection, though will nevertheless follow your orders except if you are treating them badly.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 1:36 am

Hey lightshield,

Thanks for the explanation.

Unfortunately what is happening seems much more like a bug than the distance I have to the unit. Once the problem occurs, it sticks around until I refresh.

It almost removes all sounds from the match. I wish there was an easier way to show you.

Edit: Ok just did some testing. It appears combat sounds (archers shoot, units marching) were playing as normal. However NO unit acknowledgements. I know you said they were randomised, but this was ZERO the whole match. No matter how many times I clicked, attacked, moved, etc.

Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 am

Embarassed 

Indeed you were right. The selected sound had an error which is now fixed and will be available at the next maintenance.

Thanks for the info XViper.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 2:36 am

Thanks for confirming lightshield.

Good to know I'm not crazy (and that it wasn't just a client side issue with my browser).

Glad to help.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 8:52 pm

Despite the 'fix', I'm still experiencing problems on this front.

Seems to happen more frequently when Artillery is present on the field.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 12:36 am

Hello again,

That would be very weird. What's your race XViper?
Does anybody else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2013 3:18 am

My race is Elf.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 9:52 pm

FYI, Still having problems intermittently.

Roederer has just mentioned in chat he has had the same problem.

I am using Chrome in Windows 7, running latest version of Flash.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 2:31 am

I hate persistent bugs....

I am sure LightShield will find a solution.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 7:05 am

Hey guys,

Just wanted to revisit this.

Have been having continued problems for weeks again. (it never stopped)
Over multiple PC's (but I consistently use Chrome for BC).

It has now manifested into the 'town' as well, whereby I will lose any and all sound related to the game (crafting hammers, building clicks, sliding sounds when you bring up a new building window, etc).

Refreshing fixes the problem, and it all comes back. There is still something lurking around that is totally screwing up my sound.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 2:02 am

XViper wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanted to revisit this.

Have been having continued problems for weeks again. (it never stopped)
Over multiple PC's (but I consistently use Chrome for BC).

It has now manifested into the 'town' as well, whereby I will lose any and all sound related to the game (crafting hammers, building clicks, sliding sounds when you bring up a new building window, etc).

Refreshing fixes the problem, and it all comes back. There is still something lurking around that is totally screwing up my sound.

Suspect I'll check at it when we deal with the current wave of bugs and features, XViper. In the meantime can you try another browser?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 am

Will do tests with IE and Firefox and let you know.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 8:00 pm

Problem replicated with Internet Explorer.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 5:56 am

XViper wrote:
Problem replicated with Internet Explorer.

I have a similar sound bug. The music aspect of the game has never been a problem. Even in battle sometimes I can't hear. Mostly it's random but this bug always happen after a battle the sound aspects of the game will turn off. Like Xviper said refreshing helps.
Back to top Go down
Jormogon

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 9:50 am

I am an elf and I use firefox. I also have times when all game sounds go away. A quick refresh of the page and it comes back.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 am

For me, all sound also goes away sometimes for Hulu1 Exclamation ... and a refresh fixes it there also ... which implies ... this may simply be a flash bug, that the developers can't do anything about.

1Though there is some correlation with how many tabs are open & how long firefox has been up.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 am

Problems with sound (the other way):

I still have the problem, that i can hear ~ every 2nd battle the first second from the battle call of my units, in spite of that sound effects and music are muted.

This has been reported months ago, but sadly was never fixed.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 11:59 am

9999 wrote:
Problems with sound (the other way):

I still have the problem, that i can hear ~ every 2nd battle the first second from the battle call of my units, in spite of that sound effects and music are muted.

This has been reported months ago, but sadly was never fixed.

This also happens to me, however it only seems to happen when I don't have the game window up at the beginning of the battle (I click on to the tab or window after the battle has already started) and then quickly try to move my units. It will play their sound effects very briefly, but then will fix itself and not bother me for the rest of the battle. I would have to do more testing to confirm this theory but this has been my experience so far.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 2:39 pm

Bobba wrote:
It will play their sound effects very briefly, but then will fix itself and not bother me for the rest of the battle.

Yes, this is a rare problem.  Appears to be a timing problem:
  • As if, it starts off by default to play the sounds;
  • Then it looks at a configuration file to determine that sounds are off.
In rare cases, it appears that it will play one sound 'Yes, my Lord'1 & then be quiet.

1For that matter, when is the game going to be adjusted to say 'Yes, My Lady'  Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 1:47 am

Made a change on battle sounds. After the next update please inform me if the issue has been fixed or not.
As for the city sounds that doesn't make any sense :S The only thing i can think of is the cache to be corrupted. I'll surely take a look at it when we deal with the current bunch of features.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 am

XViper, any improvements after the last patch?

Anyone else still having issues?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 11:35 pm

Can confirm I am still experiencing issues on multiple browsers. Sad

Sound is disappearing entirely (no sounds in either battle or city), until I refresh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with Sound.   Problems with Sound. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problems with Sound.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next