Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haskier

Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems. Empty
PostSubject: Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems.   Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems. I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Since the original topic is locked i decided to make a new topic for this one.

Original topic: http://www.battleconforum.com/t1235-chrome-solution-for-slow-performance-in-battles

I'm still encountering a significant problem, which is that when i follow these instructions, lag disappears but my hotkeys (1-0) stop working too.

When i reverse the changes (enable / disabling the flash components again) my hotkeys work fine again but the lag also returns.

I've tried (among other things):

1: Removing / re-installing the Flash components
2: Making sure my keymapping was in order (default language on my machine)
3: Enabling / disabling the flash components in "About:plugins" separately and closing / re-opening browser each time i made a change

Nothing worked so far.

Sidenotes:

1: When following the instructions, it removes lag and also my hotkeys. Normally speaking i use the 1-0 hotkeys under the function buttons (so the ones underneath F1, F2 etc). Those don't work, but the numpad buttons do work to select my units with.

2: Something else i noticed while trying to fix this problem was that all of the sudden my lettertype in Faction chat changed to something that looked like Courier (not New Courier). For a while, this was also in cursive (so, like that). However, when i pressed Enter, it appeared in chat as the normal BC lettertype.

I'd like to know if anyone else has been experiencing problems with the hotfix or if i'm the only one, in order to identify whether the problems are sourced by the fix or my machine. Any suggestions as to fix this are also greatly appreciated, because quite honestly, this is pissing me off. -_-
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems.   Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:05 am

We haven't experienced what you are experiencing to be honest. In fact, we have been playing with the recommended setting for more than a month and we didn't have any problem with the hotkeys. It is rather strange...
Back to top Go down
AnonAMouse

PostSubject: Suggestion from a PC Tech.   Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 12:13 pm

I'd suggest going to the Adobe Flash link and making sure you have the latest flash version, it sometimes refuses to install if pepperflash (pepflash.dll) is active, disable it as previously described and install/update adobe flash, check the adobe version is active after restarting Chrome and that should fix it.

Old versions of flash will be worse than Pepperflash, but the reverse is true for the latest versions in 99% of cases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems.   Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flash fix for Chrome giving me other problems.
Page 1 of 1