Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make auction works like e-Bay

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sergejack

Make auction works like e-Bay Empty
PostSubject: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:08 am

Allow the players to fill in a maximum bid that will be allow him to automatically outbid any bid below it.

You don't gain anything for having player refresh the auction page every seconds anyway, that's not were you make cash from.
But you can make cash out of pleased players.
Back to top Go down
Rascal

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:48 am

Sergejack wrote:
Allow the players to fill in a maximum bid that will be allow him to automatically outbid any bid below it.

You don't gain anything for having player refresh the auction page every seconds anyway, that's not were you make cash from.
as far is i can see.. its possible to just pay sellers asking price. if seller have put a max price for the listed post in AH. its called buyout i belive

is this what you mean ? to buy it out, with out placing bids?

Back to top Go down
Sergejack

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 9:52 am

Rascal wrote:
Sergejack wrote:

as far is i can see.. its possible to just pay sellers asking price. if seller have put a max price for the listed post in AH.

No, you'd 'have jave to know how ebat works to inderstand, here theire system mechanics : pages.ebay.com/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html.
Back to top Go down
Rascal

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 10:06 am

Sergejack wrote:
Rascal wrote:
Sergejack wrote:

as far is i can see.. its possible to just pay sellers asking price. if seller have put a max price for the listed post in AH.

No, you'd 'have jave to know how ebat works to inderstand, here theire system mechanics : pages.ebay.com/help/buy/automatic-bidding.html.
ahha i get it.. you want a option to have autobid. up to a spesefied amount of gold. so buyer puts in how much he is willing to bid as max. and the option will enable him to bid up to that amount.. with out the buyer doing anything........ where is the rush then and competition for figting over items? the few times ive bid for some items.. ive found the last 30 seconds really fun. the rush of trying to get the listed item.. i belive the option would degrade the fun of ah. but im a noob.. maybe some of the more experienced players would share there thougth on the matter?
Back to top Go down
Sergejack

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 25, 2013 1:45 pm

Rascal wrote:
Sergejack wrote:
Rascal wrote:
Sergejack wrote:

ahha i get it.. you want a option to have autobid. up to a spesefied amount of gold. so buyer puts in how much he is willing to bid as max. and the option will enable him to bid up to that amount.. with out the buyer doing anything........ where is the rush then and competition for figting over items? the few times ive bid for some items.. ive found the last 30 seconds really fun. the rush of trying to get the listed item.. i belive the option would degrade the fun of ah. but im a noob.. maybe some of the more experienced players would share there thougth on the matter?
Though I can understand some does, I think most people won't enjoy having to refresh the auction tad every second and/or count the second just to stand a chance to buy cheap.
I most of players would rather spent time on battles than on this.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:38 am

I have to agree with Rascal here. Bid wars are kinda fun, and can be quite rewarding if a player has both the patience and the "skill" to "outmaneuver" other bidders. If we added an automatic bidding system, like Sergepack is suggesting, then it would become very e-bay like... We are not totally against it, but until we notice that the majority of the community wants such a feature, we do not believe that it needs to be implemented urgently. However, we do understand that it can be frustrating for some players, so we suggest a different approach. We could make it so that when a user is outbidded, it could immediately show in the Auction window without refreshing.
Back to top Go down
Sergejack

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
I have to agree with Rascal here. Bid wars are kinda fun, and can be quite rewarding if a player has both the patience and the "skill" to "outmaneuver" other bidders. If we added an automatic bidding system, like Sergepack is suggesting, then it would become very e-bay like... We are not totally against it, but until we notice that the majority of the community wants such a feature, we do not believe that it needs to be implemented urgently. However, we do understand that it can be frustrating for some players, so we suggest a different approach. We could make it so that when a user is outbidded, it could immediately show in the Auction window without refreshing.
That wouldn't help much since the bidder usually wait for the last second.

So if the message is "You are being outbided, you still have 0 seconds to place another bid" it's kinda useless.

I have another suggestion then : make it funnier : hide the seconds. Display time like "finish in about 1-2 minutes" it'll cause mayhem to last seconds bidders.
You can even go a bit further to make sure players don't refresh the page until they see the minute change and figure out "60 seconds from now !!" : display a somehow inaccurate time.

fakeDate = realDate.AddSeconds(Math.Random(myInternalID + ItemID) * 60.0));

with that players won't now for sure when the bid is over, and that would make thing fairer* and funnier.

* Fooling with last second bidders (who are jerks for normal bidders anyway).
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 10:32 am

Sergejack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

So if the message is "You are being outbided, you still have 0 seconds to place another bid" it's kinda useless.

I have another suggestion then : make it funnier : hide the seconds. Display time like "finish in about 1-2 minutes" it'll cause mayhem to last seconds bidders.
You can even go a bit further to make sure players don't refresh the page until they see the minute change and figure out "60 seconds from now !!" : display a somehow inaccurate time.

with that players won't now for sure when the bid is over, and that would make thing fairer* and funnier.

I actually enjoyed it more back when it only showed the minute for items near finished. Mostly because I was clever enough to actually get those items at the last couple seconds. It's much harder now that everyone can always see the seconds. Not a big deal though, hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sergejack

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 10:54 pm

Bobba wrote:
Sergejack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

I actually enjoyed it more back when it only showed the minute for items near finished. Mostly because I was clever enough to actually get those items at the last couple seconds. It's much harder now that everyone can always see the seconds. Not a big deal though, hehehe.
You wouldn't be able to do that with the computation of a somehow inaccurate endate to display.
You would just be "5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Won !! .. Not ?! Wait, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Won ? Come one ! 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, over already ?!".
Back to top Go down
Rascal

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:11 am

here is a stupid. set a +time to the bid. would work more like in real life. gives bidders time to evaluate and place a counter bid. works more like in real life. but would eliminate the snipe abilety. so the fun of sniping will be eliminated. but the seller will gain by it. since the item will probably be sold at a higher price.

or the bidder can place a bid that no one will bid over. its easy to win. just place high enough bid for the item.

yes. i know you want it as cheep as posible.. then you need to have the AH work as it does today. sniping items for sale is the only way to get it cheep. so get better at sniping. and its fun to be able to snatch a item from some one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sergejack

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 1:01 am

Rascal wrote:
here is a stupid. set a +time to the bid. would work more like in real life. gives bidders time to evaluate and place a counter bid. works more like in real life. but would eliminate the snipe abilety. so the fun of sniping will be eliminated. but the seller will gain by it. since the item will probably be sold at a higher price.

or the bidder can place a bid that no one will bid over. its easy to win. just place high enough bid for the item.

yes. i know you want it as cheep as posible.. then you need to have the AH work as it does today. sniping items for sale is the only way to get it cheep. so get better at sniping. and its fun to be able to snatch a item from some one. Very Happy
I said "cheap" not "unfairly too cheat" which is what last second bidders are about, sellers and buyers would benefits from this, as the former would sold a the "real value" price and the seconds wouldn't have to worry about tricky maneuvers.
Fair and clean, that's what casually gamers would enjoy. But it can piss off the no-life hard core ones who won't ever outnumber the former.
Now the real question is "who gets the more money to the company?", if those are just the hard core gamers, my idea sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make auction works like e-Bay   Make auction works like e-Bay I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make auction works like e-Bay
Page 1 of 1