Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

impossible to move forward and losing ground.

Go down 
+3
Jervaj
RuneSlayer
pug
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pug

impossible to move forward and losing ground. Empty
PostSubject: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 6:23 am

since the last update light have lost ground in all area's. we cannot get a foot hold anywhere. i don't understand this and there are a lot of disgruntled players. fair enough to make the game harder but to make it impossible for 1 side to move forward while the other constantly gains ground makes it point less. (i hope that sounds right ?)
before the update we had taken 2 regions and we where moving on 3. since we have lost the 2 and cannot even with all the power of the light forces even regain 1 of them back while dark constantly move forward. on other front's this seems to be the same. this is a desperate issue that needs resolving asap as people will simply stop playing.
this is a great game please don't let it get spoiled by a bad balance.

thank pug.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:22 am

The change on the Regional Containers has been done on both sides of the map, which means that what has been changed for the Dark Regions has been also changed for the Light Regions.

As for the Light losing Regions and not being able to regain them, currently Region 45 is at 67% Light and Region 46 at 68% when 2 days ago they were both at lower values. Also, Region 44 is at 63% which means that Light is pushing on several Regions, not just one.
Back to top Go down
pug

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:37 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
The change on the Regional Containers has been done on both sides of the map, which means that what has been changed for the Dark Regions has been also changed for the Light Regions.

As for the Light losing Regions and not being able to regain them, currently Region 45 is at 67% Light and Region 46 at 68% when 2 days ago they were both at lower values. Also, Region 44 is at 63% which means that Light is pushing on several Regions, not just one.

this is incorrect. we owed these regions 2 days ago and cannot no matter how hard we try gain them back. to say we are struggling is an understatement. our alliance has already lost it's strongest member due to the extreme imbalance. we might even lose our leader. so many players are disgruntled with the way things have played out in the last couple of day's. i don't want to see this game destroyed by this. it's a brilliant concept and we are the for runners and testers of this game. the game obviously has issues in this area and pvp.

please try to resolve these issues so that things can be made better for both sides. as you say it has been changed on both sides, we will all be stuck fighting in the middle of the battle field.(which means: the game will never end)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:05 am

What issues and what imbalances?

When you are changing something for one faction and you change the same for the other, where exactly are the imbalances? What is valid for one faction is valid for the other. There are no advantages for one and disadvantages for the other.

Back to top Go down
pug

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:30 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
What issues and what imbalances?

When you are changing something for one faction and you change the same for the other, where exactly are the imbalances? What is valid for one faction is valid for the other. There are no advantages for one and disadvantages for the other.

i'm not saying it's farer for 1 and not the other. but if this s the situation neither force (light or dark) will ever move forward but be stuck fighting in the central regions. i've played a number of strategy games spent 2 years playing lord of ultima, in that time i saw a lot of changes to the game making it even better. but the changes i've seen here in the last few day's have made this game irritating to allot of players. dark will be loving it right now, but when they step over the centre regions the will feel as we do on the light side. if there can only be gains made in the central regions and not in any others then there is an imbalance in the game settings.
as to the other issue (pvp) like me most players refuse to play it. reasons for this are it's not balanced properly and it's almost impossible to get a game.
i want to see this game progress and get better. please help.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 8:55 am

I will have to disagree with you and the current situation proves you wrong. Right now, 2 regions are at 68% for Light and another one at 66%, which means that not only the war front is NOT stuck, but Light is pushing at NOT 1 Region but 3 in total.

Quote :
if there can only be gains made in the central regions and not in any others then there is an imbalance in the game settings.

Gains? What gains? There are no gains right now. The only change made in the center is the Regional Containers values.

Quote :
dark will be loving it right now,

The Dark Faction is about to lose 3 Regions, so I guess your argument is totally wrong.

Quote :
reasons for this are it's not balanced properly and it's almost impossible to get a game.

Not balanced properly? Would you like to elaborate on that? With the new changes in APs, the matchmaking is more balanced than ever before. In PvP you will lose and you will win. There is no perfect combination that will grant you a victory in every PvP you will play as you are playing against another human being which may play better than you.

In regards to "getting" a game, this is something we are working on and we will add a PvP lobby where players will be able to see the APs of the enemies in order to be able to field something similar for a PvP match to start.

Finally...

Quote :
the changes i've seen here in the last few day's have made this game irritating to allot of players

The only reason why some people are irritated is because they want to win. People always want to win, no matter what, even if that victory was not 100% fair. Our job is to create an environment which is challenging and fair to both Factions, so the game can be interesting and fun to play with. That is why we made those changes to both Factions so as to provide more strategy on the World Map. The only thing changed is the containers, which really is like saying "You had to put 5 baskets out of 10 to win and now you have to put 8 baskets out of 16" and this counts for both Factions.
Back to top Go down
Jervaj

Jervaj

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:13 am

Dark regained ground mainly I think because some poweful players like Yan did an intensive CP push to various regions.

Anyway I dont understand. Its like Runeslayer said. It affects both sides.

Now containers are smaller in the center zone and bigger in the zones closer to capitals. But that doesnt make it more difficult to conquer then in relation to the amount of CP you need to earn in comaprison to the other faction. Just makes conquering some regions slower than others.

For example with invented numbers. To swift the bar 1% in center zone you need 100 CP. To swift the bar in a zone clsoe to the capital you need 200 CP.

But that affects both atackers and defenders. So I dont see the stale. If one side keeps geting more points everyday it would finnally arrive to the capital.

In fact this provided mroe action. Before was strange to see mroe than a swap a day. Now in center zone theres several swaps. The zones closer to capitals are similar as before the change. And before there was no problem so whats the problem now then?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:55 am

About PVP. I have taken about 100 battle PVP. I think that last changes much improved system. There are no more mercenaries, equipment is much more expensive in AP points, flanking has became more efficient. I stopped playing PVP after battle 2:2 when one of me opponent was PUG. With one Heavy infantry destroy my 3 Lights and 2 Heavy infantry at once. I attacked him an flanked with all forces but all me units died and werent able to break his units, he had 2 Lights who destroyed my partner. I had no chance to win that game so i stopped playing PVP (which i consider as a best part of a game). After the patch i know i could get a chance to win that fight. Only minus that there is much harder to find opponent, but it forces more communication beetwen players. I would like to see a special lobby when you see AP in queue (without names).

I would like to thanks Devs for making this change in PVP, really good work Smile
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:19 am

Quote :
Only minus that there is much harder to find opponent, but it forces more communication beetwen players. I would like to see a special lobby when you see AP in queue (without names).

Coming up! Wink
Back to top Go down
Rokun

Rokun

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 10:19 pm

OP doesn't realize that dark made a huge push and merely regained territories, the only reason light was able to push as hard and as fast as it did before was due to such a punitive gain in AP regardless of army size or equipment. Basically it was light side doing a proverbial zerg rush, how fair was it that someone with cav units and throwing 1000AP per battle only gained 4 CP per hexagon, while a brand new player with lvl 0 infantry could gain the same for their faction? Think of it this way, if I alone put forth well over 13k CP in under a day to help push along with some big others like Yan and Mia, and we only took 2 areas and are about to loose 3-4 your still in a very good position. Quit complaining, or if your so worried about loosing territories get a group together and fight back...that or re-roll dark we seem to be lacking in the numbers game.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 12:35 am

I can see 1 argument that gains some traction with me from the OP - and that is if both sides are "too" even and the CP container sizes encourage combat to move towards in the central regions, then there will only ever be combat in the center.

GoodMemoryForumGuy wrote:
But Hegorn, you suggested that in the first place! Now youre saying it could be bad??"
Yes, I did - and it is still a good foundation mechanic to have in place. It is just one layer to the map's metagame that affects strategy. The more layers there are, the less any one metagame layer will completely dictate strategy.

For instance, the CP resets added a metagame layer to the map - it means that right after a region flips, it needs to be attacked or supported otherwise it will be quite vulnerable. It means you cannot just capture a territory and move on immediately. It also means that keeping a solidly large stockpile of CP in your defensive line has importance. The CP reset mechanic will play a much bigger role in the central regions where they are more prone to flipping often. In other regions, it wont play as big of a role. Just learned the actual CPs are not reset - just the player names associated with those CPs.

Do we need more metagame layers for the map? Definitely - and more is coming. Guild warfare will help (or could arguably hurt one side or another), but again, that all adds to the strategy. The devs have mentioned long-term plans for a 3rd faction. That will very definitely add an important metagame layer. Another continent could possibly do the same. There are lots of ways to shake things up.

So is a "stalemate" that the OP is enthusiastically complaining about a possibility? Sure. I wouldnt remove that outcome as a possibility, but I also think the sides are not "too" even for that. As they get more even, the risk of it does increase, but there are ways to combat this effect too. If any one metagame layer is too dominant, then its not too difficult to tweak numbers until things feel right for both sides.

Is any of this something people should quit over? I dont think so - but this is the benefit of good F2P games. You can play, take a break, come back, and see what the game is like after a patch or two. It takes time to develop a good game foundation. So far from what I've seen, every iteration of the map has brought improvements overall. Tantrum threads declaring the devs are doing a horrible job are just silly.

Last edited by Hegorn on Mon May 27, 2013 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:05 am

Quote :
For instance, the CP resets added a metagame layer to the map - it means that right after a region flips, it needs to be attacked or supported otherwise it will be quite vulnerable. It means you cannot just capture a territory and move on immediately. It also means that keeping a solidly large stockpile of CP in your defensive line has importance. The CP reset mechanic will play a much bigger role in the central regions where they are more prone to flipping often. In other regions, it wont play as big of a role.

This is wrong. The CPs of the Regional Container are not getting reset, but rather the CPs gained by the Generals. The balance of power in the Regions will remain, as it is not possible to assume that after a conquest, the attacker has lost all its momentum and he will have to gain more foot on the Region. We only did that so as to present the chance to other Generals to contribute anew to either the defense or the attack of a Region.

Finally, although the CPs gained by a player in a specific Region are reset when the Region changes hands, we will add an "All time contributors" section where the top 3 contributors in a Region will be shown. This will be combined with some sort of an achievement or title given.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 1:24 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Quote :
For instance, the CP resets added a metagame layer to the map - it means that right after a region flips, it needs to be attacked or supported otherwise it will be quite vulnerable. It means you cannot just capture a territory and move on immediately. It also means that keeping a solidly large stockpile of CP in your defensive line has importance. The CP reset mechanic will play a much bigger role in the central regions where they are more prone to flipping often. In other regions, it wont play as big of a role.

This is wrong. The CPs of the Regional Container are not getting reset, but rather the CPs gained by the Generals. The balance of power in the Regions will remain, as it is not possible to assume that after a conquest, the attacker has lost all its momentum and he will have to gain more foot on the Region. We only did that so as to present the chance to other Generals to contribute anew to either the defense or the attack of a Region.

Finally, although the CPs gained by a player in a specific Region are reset when the Region changes hands, we will add an "All time contributors" section where the top 3 contributors in a Region will be shown. This will be combined with some sort of an achievement or title given.
Oh! Okay... I misunderstood that then. Thats a very superficial change then. I thought it was targeted at the 40% gap that makes defending more important than attacking.

Wow. Dark has really been pushing hard then! It seemed like there were CP resets that allowed them to countercap the regions Light took a day or two ago.
Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 5:51 am

Does not seem impossible anymore. Light took 4 regions at once this night.
Back to top Go down
pug

PostSubject: happier   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

i'm happy to see that my so called ranting has lead to good debate. i'm also happy to have gotten some answers to questions i had. light has now pushed forward in a few regions and the dark forces have been pushed back. for 2 day's this did seem impossible. i don't want this game to be easy i just want it to be a fare game on both sides. thanx to everbody that got involved in this discussion and i hope i didn't seem like a cry baby lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: impossible to move forward and losing ground.   impossible to move forward and losing ground. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

impossible to move forward and losing ground.
Page 1 of 1