Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Notelitten

Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered Empty
PostSubject: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 10:24 am

So far, one of my main reasons for playing the game has been related to these region rankings.

If anything I think there should be two rankings per region, one that shows current top score, and one that shows the all time score.

Now players that have dedicated themselves to getting great scores in certain regions will lose this prestige as the region is conquered.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:04 am

Yea, thats a good idea. Perhaps with a tweak. All time CP scores is something that might be better shown at a global level - perhaps included somewhere on the leaderboard? I'm just talking raw CP numbers. Grand totals and perhaps last 1day / 3day totals.

I think the disappointment about the reset is more from the fact that players do not see who contributed the most to flipping a newly flipped region. Some players want to show the warpath that they have blazed on the map - and deservedly so.

There is also a sense of attachment that grows when youre a leader in a certain region. You become an unofficial champion for that region. Another deserved recognition. I think when Guild Warfare comes out, recognition at the guild level will be important too.

---
Low priority - long term suggestions:
What happens if the Region Tooltip appears when a user clicks on the region instead of on mouseover? A taller tooltip/UI that appears and has more info.

That might make room for more stats - maybe even some graphs.
  • Perhaps the top 3 lists can be hovered over to turn into a top 10 list
  • Perhaps we could hover/click to show a line graph with a red/blue line indicating control over time for the past 4-6 game days.
  • The tug of war bar can be hovered over to show segments of which guilds have contributed the most to that region.

Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:14 am

Hegorn wrote:

The tug of war bar can be hovered over to show segments of which guilds have contributed the most to that region.

Maybe add additional worldmap view for this like political map / guilds map / maybe some kind of map where you can see where the biggest activity is in recent days... I'll call it front lines map ;D
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:36 am

Thank you for clarifying the point Hegorn, didn't make too much sense when I posted it in frustration.

I find your suggestions very good.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:52 am

Notelitten wrote:
Thank you for clarifying the point Hegorn, didn't make too much sense when I posted it in frustration.

I find your suggestions very good.
Your post made plenty of sense. I think the change to CP mechanics is a good thing - but the recognition and prestige matters too.

Without a CP reset, theres a bit of a steamroll effect - where once you start losing regions, there is a 40% "barrier" that you have to overcome to turn the tides. When that 40% gap is full of your enemy's CPs its a pretty big barrier. You could wait for the CPs to decay, or you can try to burn through them. That can start to feel like a hard wall when your side is at a slight pop/activity disadvantage.

Resetting CPs makes the gap a little less daunting to cross.
Back to top Go down
Steven261

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Hegorn wrote:
You could wait for the CPs to decay, or you can try to burn through them.

Wait, so conquest points in regions that haven't been taken over yet decays? If that's true, then I wouldn't bother "fortifying" the Light Capital then.
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Of course I'm positive to CP decays, and some resets every time a region is reset.

That said, as you explained very well, it's the whole prestige thing that, and the fact that you can show off the path of your fighting that has now been removed from the game.

Personlly this has removed one of my favorite features about the game. I now have a hard time taking the conquest points or conquest in general as serious as before, I feel some of the fun has been taken out of the game for the veterans.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:30 pm

Steven261 wrote:
Hegorn wrote:
You could wait for the CPs to decay, or you can try to burn through them.

Wait, so conquest points in regions that haven't been taken over yet decays? If that's true, then I wouldn't bother "fortifying" the Light Capital then.
Yea, Conquest points decay according to the Devs. Not sure how the decay works though.

It might be a "fall off" system where all CPs contributions older than X days are dropped. It might be a flat percentage of all CPs are reduced every game day. It could be some combination of those or other mechanisms.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 12:13 am

Noted and will surely be addressed when Regional Rankings will be implemented. There is going to be a place where the top 3 contributors will be shown for every Region and then below that, the "current" Regional Rankings will be shown. This window will be implemented along with the first layer of Guild Warfare.
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 10:32 am

Are the current (removed) rankings being saved for future use, or are they simply being removed forever?
Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:07 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered   Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Removing regional rankings after a region is conquered
Page 1 of 1