Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dev team to the rescue!

Go down 
+10
kqlkql
Narmis
Oingoboingo
Dahk
Redrum72
klaas
krawehl
kuba_
RuneSlayer
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Dev team to the rescue! Empty
PostSubject: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 5:31 am

Hi all,

A lot has happened in the recent months and I have made several posts regarding the situation with Battle Conquest.

As you all know, the dev team behind Battle Conquest stopped the maintenance and the operation of the game a few months ago, as per the request of the true owner of the game, Agincourt Gaming LLC. As far as I know, the reasons behind this decision had to do with the future prospect of Battle Conquest as a product.

Since then, a lot has happened to Battle Conquest (i.e. System failure which shut down the game a few weeks ago, players can't buy gems, game is deserted, etc.)  and I honestly don't believe that Battle Conquest deserves such a fate. Too much love has been "invested" to Battle Conquest by all sides, including the Community, so it really deserves something better than that.

For that reason, I have been discussing the past few weeks with Agincourt to find a solution to this problem and see what can be done. Agincourt has received too much "flaming" the past months, and I can understand why, but I want to assure the Community that they want Battle Conquest to see better days and they respect both the game and the Community behind it.

After several discussions, it was decided that we will assume control of the game once again for a period of three months, but only for maintenance purposes. That means that we will not be changing anything and we will not be adding new stuff, but we will make sure that the game is "problems free". During this period of 3 months, I will personally try to find ways to sustain the game by any means necessary, even if that means that the game will operate under a different "roof". In other words, I will explore the possibility of third parties buying the game so it can continue being online, updated and grow further. If nothing good happens at the end of this period, then it is very possible that it will shut down. I have high hopes though...!

I hope you will find the news pretty exciting, as much as we are excited!

Let us make this happen together!
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:01 am

Great news Smile

ps. OP archers and light arti should be regarded as bug and fixed.

I know that unfortunately will not be possible, but I still hope
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:13 am

Wow, that is fantastic news, and some seriously impressive commitment on your end. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 8:36 am

YAY!
and a handshake. very much appreciated, rune et al.
Back to top Go down
Redrum72

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:32 am

Owners of the game not helped by saying nothing on here or in game.
If players did not enjoy your game we would not care.
You have really good game here that stands head and shoulders above most others have played.
Be honest and keep players informed of whats going on and you have product that players will support and trust.
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 9:54 am

Awesome! Thanks for the info and all your efforts! Let's keep our fingers crossed and see what happens!
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 10:53 am

Great News! BC lives to fight another day, hopefully things only get better from here!

Good luck Rune (and team), and thanks! cheers

-O
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 11:39 am

You guys are AMAZING!
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 pm

this is great news...great news indeed... 3 months is fair trial... i will stop packing and delay my flight to battle pirates
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 1:29 pm

Very good news!
Even if there is only a small chance for development again, but at least there is(!) a chance again!

Smile

I'm really happy with that perspective at the moment! Smile

Very good job, Rune!
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks a lot for bring back the fun and the live to this game¡, I hope you success and players come back and many new people join to keep this game alive at least a few years more, and thanks for all your efforts and to your team for having such patience and hard dedication to create a wonderful MMO game and listening the community, and thanks too to the agincourt for giving a new chance to this game, I know it still have many potential to become one of the best MMO of all, may be, Ysosad dream can become true Smile

PD: I wish you and your team the best luck.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 3:42 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Hi all,

A lot has happened in the recent months and I have made several posts regarding the situation with Battle Conquest.

As you all know, the dev team behind Battle Conquest stopped the maintenance and the operation of the game a few months ago, as per the request of the true owner of the game, Agincourt Gaming LLC. As far as I know, the reasons behind this decision had to do with the future prospect of Battle Conquest as a product.

Since then, a lot has happened to Battle Conquest (i.e. System failure which shut down the game a few weeks ago, players can't buy gems, game is deserted, etc.)  and I honestly don't believe that Battle Conquest deserves such a fate. Too much love has been "invested" to Battle Conquest by all sides, including the Community, so it really deserves something better than that.

For that reason, I have been discussing the past few weeks with Agincourt to find a solution to this problem and see what can be done. Agincourt has received too much "flaming" the past months, and I can understand why, but I want to assure the Community that they want Battle Conquest to see better days and they respect both the game and the Community behind it.

After several discussions, it was decided that we will assume control of the game once again for a period of three months, but only for maintenance purposes. That means that we will not be changing anything and we will not be adding new stuff, but we will make sure that the game is "problems free". During this period of 3 months, I will personally try to find ways to sustain the game by any means necessary, even if that means that the game will operate under a different "roof". In other words, I will explore the possibility of third parties buying the game so it can continue being online, updated and grow further. If nothing good happens at the end of this period, then it is very possible that it will shut down. I have high hopes though...!

I hope you will find the news pretty exciting, as much as we are excited!

Let us make this happen together!

Great news and thx.

I was just wondering will purchasing an amount of gems help the game survive or at least keep it going for some extra time. I would happily spend about 10-20 $ a month as long as I'm active?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 6:23 am

Bobknack wrote:
Great news and thx.

I was just wondering will purchasing an amount of gems help the game survive or at least keep it going for some extra time. I would happily spend about 10-20 $ a month as long as I'm active?

Thanks, we are excited as well!

Well, it will help towards showing to parties interested in buying/funding the game that the game is still generating revenues even with that low traffic.

Castles are being built brick by brick!
Back to top Go down
kqlkql

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 7:32 am

is there any way to get gems to those who purchased them but did not receive them. we have lost a few members who quit in disgust because they bought some gems and did not get them...i was hoping we could make good on their purchases and get them back to the game.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:52 am

well dont know much about that but for sure when you put and kong achievment in game there is a lot of new players

dont know hum much kong want for that thing but there is many people who play games only with achevments and if you put kong achevment like gat titan in game achievment you got many players for long time maby some will like that and stay here with payments but well its probably to late for that Sad

secondly there are some websites where you put game and gather money for further development but there are some conditions and dont know if council would like that

thirdly i think if BC will die many players from here will go to that new game since i think it will be very similar Very Happy but well i prefare BC i looks very simple and it is as it looks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:03 am

Pyr wrote:
well dont know much about that but for sure when you put and kong achievment in game there is a lot of new players

dont know hum much kong want for that thing but there is many people who play games only with achevments and if you put kong achevment like gat titan in game achievment you got many players for long time maby some will like that and stay here with payments but well its probably to late for that Sad

secondly there are some websites where you put game and gather money for further development but there are some conditions and dont know if council would like that

thirdly i think if BC will die many players from here will go to that new game since i think it will be very similar Very Happy but well i prefare BC i looks very simple and it is as it looks Very Happy

Is a bad idea to add kong achievements (Badges) for MMO games for many reasons that may just make things worse.

1. When an MMO close servers in kong, people may get angry cause they will not be able to get the badge anymore.

2. Badge hunters how you say play the game just to get the achievement/badge, is you put such hard achievement like get the titan tittle all the badge hunters will get very angry and will spam the game comments like noobs complaining about how hard is to get the badge and how many time need spent to get it (cause they don´t play games for fun, just for the badge), and all those negative comments about how hard the achievements are may discourage newbies to play the game and may ruin BC reputation (I say this cause this have happened to some kong MMO games like heroes of gaia).

Possibly the best way to attract new people is with the promotion, like making videos of 2vs2 battles and adding new stuff to the game, but that may not happen is agincourt don´t want it Razz.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:33 am

well thats true but you got many players for long time Very Happy some of them will donate to make things quiker and thats what council wants but there is the outher side as you said
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Pyr wrote:
well thats true but you got many players for long time Very Happy some of them will donate to make things quiker and thats what council wants but there is the outher side as you said

Its too late for these things, the balance issue should have been solved a long time ago by simply balancing the intake of players to each faction. Now its too late, no money for promoting the game at a more mature audience that has the patience to keep playing.

The game dies! Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 8:26 am

Rune,

two months are already over from three months deadline. :/

Do you have some (hopefully good) news for us?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:06 pm

9999 wrote:
Rune,

two months are already over from three months deadline. :/

Do you have some (hopefully good) news for us?

Unfortunately nothing yet 9999. No potential buyer has been found yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 4:16 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Unfortunately nothing yet 9999. No potential buyer has been found yet.

That is really sad to hear. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 5:12 pm

Argh..

So many questions...

Rune,

maybe you can answer some:

- If no buyer will be found, will Agincourt "kill" BC?
__ If so, would there be an announced date?

- Has Agincourt a plan for refunds?
__ For unspent gems...
 ___ [Mailadress Agincourt? Mailadress legal department?]

- Why?

...to be continued...

Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 2:10 am

9999 wrote:
Argh..

So many questions...

Rune,

__ For unspent gems...

- Why?

...to be continued...

Crying or Very sad

As I mentioned in the announcement I made, if no solution is found by the end of the 3 months period, it is very possible that the game will shut down. I really don't know anything more than that. I can only hope that some kind of a solution will be found...

Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 3:05 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
9999 wrote:
Argh..

So many questions...

Rune,

__ For unspent gems...

- Why?

...to be continued...

Crying or Very sad

As I mentioned in the announcement I made, if no solution is found by the end of the 3 months period, it is very possible that the game will shut down. I really don't know anything more than that. I can only hope that some kind of a solution will be found...

I just hope Agincourt Gaming is realizing that this is affecting the overall gems purchase?

I have been advising my members not to buy gems until we get some kind of "news". Don't want them wasting money - besides getting $/€/£ refunded seems not to be an option, considering Agincourt Gamings behaviour towards players in the past(zero communication on the forum, no response to emails and axing the developer team et cetera)

I believe the same is being preached within the other guilds, but I don't know for sure?

It would be very nice to get these matters sorted out before the deadline. The game suddenly shutting down out of the blue without warning seems unfitting to me. They should at least have the decency to tell us what they plan to do.

If that plan is to kill the game if there's no buyer, then that is what it is. But at least give us an honest answer beforehand, we will accept that answer although we probably won't like the decision.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 6:29 pm

Boboknack wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
9999 wrote:
Argh..

So many questions...

Rune,

__ For unspent gems...

- Why?

...to be continued...

Crying or Very sad

I just hope Agincourt Gaming is realizing that this is affecting the overall gems purchase?

I have been advising my members not to buy gems until we get some kind of "news". Don't want them wasting money - besides getting $/€/£ refunded seems not to be an option, considering Agincourt Gamings behaviour towards players in the past(zero communication on the forum, no response to emails and axing the developer team et cetera)

I believe the same is being preached within the other guilds, but I don't know for sure?

It would be very nice to get these matters sorted out before the deadline. The game suddenly shutting down out of the blue without warning seems unfitting to me. They should at least have the decency to tell us what they plan to do.

If that plan is to kill the game if there's no buyer, then that is what it is. But at least give us an honest answer beforehand, we will accept that answer although we probably won't like the decision.

I believe that it is for the best to assume the worst case scenario. As I mentioned in my post on the 24th of November:

RuneSlayer wrote:
If nothing good happens at the end of this period, then it is very possible that it will shut down.

Other than that...I know nothing more and I have no other information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dev team to the rescue!   Dev team to the rescue! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dev team to the rescue!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next