Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)

Go down 
+14
mitrac
kqlkql
Owen2007
Pulkit
Dahk
Fyrr
klaas
Metalsiagon
Boboknack
krawehl
Narmis
ysosad
RuneSlayer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) Empty
PostSubject: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:53 am

21-7-2014

Light Faction:

318 players
13.798 victories
149.000 CP

Dark Faction:

280 players
9.832 victories
108.000 CP

-----

Light players are doing 43 victories on avg, while Dark players 35.

Bear in mind that the above CP are without the CP bonus, so the final total CP for the Dark Faction is higher.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 am

This doesn't seem possible. There are a couple of oddities that stand in stark contrast to the stats previously provided...

To see a change this pronounced....in the avg attacks/player and the avg CP player...it is hard to believe.

I asked previously, who is counted as active all ppl that login, combatants that earn CP, combatants that fight on CP earning modes, any combatants?

EDIT: or are you using two different definitions in different parts of the algorithm? E.g. All players when calculating the difference in players/faction, but only CP producing players when calculating the avg attacks/player/faction.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 am

ysosad wrote:
This doesn't seem possible. There are a couple of oddities that stand in stark contrast to the stats previously provided...

To see a change this pronounced....in the avg attacks/player and the avg CP player...it is hard to believe.

I asked previously, who is counted as active all ppl that login, combatants that earn CP, combatants that fight on CP earning modes, any combatants?

EDIT: or are you using two different definitions in different parts of the algorithm? E.g. All players when calculating the difference in players/faction, but only CP producing players when calculating the avg attacks/player/faction.

Unfortunately data never lies. The situation is exactly as expressed above.

All ppl that login are counted as active players. If someone is not fighting, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be counted.

Also, there is no avg battles in the algorithm, but only victories, which means that for that particular equation only people who are playing battles are counted.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:47 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

All ppl that login are counted as active players. If someone is not fighting, that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be counted.

Also, there is no avg battles in the algorithm, but only victories, which means that for that particular equation only people who are playing battles are counted.

I changed my mind and deleted my last post. This still seems somewhat incredible to me, I grant that I am not the brightest bulb out there though.

280 and 318 is the number of players that logged on...how many of each actually engaged in attacks?

I'm amazed that the victories/player are so high, if you take out the players in 280 and 318 that don't fight, those averages go even higher...

Or am I not understanding something here?
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:15 am

Yso, why do the average victories per player surprise you? If I log in for an hour in the morning, and just use my Combat Points, that'll (usually) be 12 victories...the 10 Combat Point max plus the 2 extra combat points that accrue during my hour online. If I log in for another hour in the evening, that's another 12 victories....24 in one day. And many people (at least lighties) play much longer and do co-ops, too. So an average of 10-13 victories per player doesn't seem that high???
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:16 am

Narmis wrote:
Yso, why do the average victories per player surprise you?  If I log in for an hour in the morning, and just use my Combat Points, that'll (usually) be 12 victories...the 10 Combat Point max plus the 2 extra combat points that accrue during my hour online.  If I log in for another hour in the evening, that's another 12 victories....24 in one day.  And many people (at least lighties) play much longer and do co-ops, too.  So an average of 10-13 victories per player doesn't seem that high???

Only he put 43 and 35, not 10-13.
Back to top Go down
Narmis

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:24 am

I was referring to the stats mentioned here:

Light Faction:

318 players
13.798 victories
149.000 CP

Dark Faction:

280 players
9.832 victories
108.000 CP

Not sure where the 43/35 is coming from, either.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:32 am

@ Narmis

RuneSlayer wrote:
21-7-2014

Light Faction:

318 players
13.798 victories
149.000 CP

Dark Faction:

280 players
9.832 victories
108.000 CP

-----

Light players are doing 43 victories on avg, while Dark players 35.

Bear in mind that the above CP are without the CP bonus, so the final total CP for the Dark Faction is higher.

Also, what I think you are looking at as being 9+ and 13+ is actually 9K+ and 13K+.
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Not all of these numbers are yesterday's values, right? Apart from the number of victories per player being unrealistically high, the cp/battle would be a bit less than 11. That's what a new player gets after a few days of playing, full suicide armies score 300+ per battle. Or are devs hiding a noobswarm that does only easy battles without cp somewhere in the basement to make these numbers work? I hope...

So what are the timeframes for these values? - And, ofc, thanks for providing is with such data in the first place  bounce 
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 6:38 pm

ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

I changed my mind and deleted my last post. This still seems somewhat incredible to me, I grant that I am not the brightest bulb out there though.

280 and 318 is the number of players that logged on...how many of each actually engaged in attacks?

Can't all have logged on that day. A fair amount turn inactive after reaching the minimum of 20 cps, they stay stagnant in the rankings! According to this - Dark Faction has gained 8 new players since 7/21, the Light Faction has gained 31.(the 280 & 318 players can only be the ones that appear from/in rankings, can't be non fighting farmers counted amongst them)

I'm amazed that the victories/player are so high, if you take out the players in 280 and 318 that don't fight, those averages go even higher...

Or am I not understanding something here?
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 8:20 pm

With numbers like this, we might as well boost that bonus. Double the amount of CPs added by the bonus since its pretty much a 50% lead that Light has.

Honestly, spiking Dark up to make the difference will hurt no one. We should just straight up give Dark an automatic extra amount of CP's even for losing. As long as one side is beating this hard on the other, people start quitting and leaving.

Can anyone on Light really say that this currently is even somewhat even? For the past two months its been pretty one sided, at the minimum a substantial bonus should be implemented to get Dark back on its feet.

This whole deal has been an issue for far too long. afro 
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:11 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

wait wait wait.. so the # players = actual login, including farmers. # victories are done by the fighters. you say that for the avg. victories only counts the people who fight. something doesn't add up here..
also, from these numbers the average cp/victory for both sides would be a bit over 10 cps/battle. I make in suicide 330+ per victory. so, that means for every battle I win, 30-ish battles are won for 1 cp.

and, as stated above: I have serious  affraid  about those averages. lightie average = 43 per player on 1 day? so, including the farmers who add 0 battles/day?
I see myself as a fairly active player and when I go full no-life I do about 70-80 battles in a day. (with the depleted darkside player base, the coop q is slow, so it's nigh imposible to reach that now. another factor to be taken into account perhaps. a playerbase disparity depletes cp generation not only in terms of 'pure' cp production, but also in the potential to produce cps). when only doing solos, I do about 35 to 40 battles a day. so, that would make me an average active player.. lol! 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 11:42 pm

Let me try to clear some confusion...

The data mentioned is from the time the new algos got enabled.

The victories and CP above are not for 1 day of gameplay.

I tried to provide an insight on how the war looks in numbers. Smile
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am

bearing that in mind 9and, thanks for the info!), my reply ^ would be:

wait wait wait.. so the # players = actual login, including farmers. # victories are done by the fighters. you say that for the avg. victories only counts the people who fight. something doesn't add up here..
also, from these numbers the average cp/victory for both sides would be a bit over 10 cps/battle. I make in suicide 330+ per victory. so, that means for every battle I win, 30-ish battles are won for 1 cp.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 12:57 am

klaas wrote:

The actual logins are of 1 day only (the 21st of July), while the victories and CP are from the date the new algos were enabled.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:13 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:

The actual logins are of 1 day only (the 21st of July), while the victories and CP are from the date the new algos were enabled.
OK. that still leaves the cps/battle averages open, though. are you sure (no lsight intended, I'm just genuinely curious) the numbers are correct? average 10 cp/battle seems awfully low..
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:

OK. that still leaves the cps/battle averages open, though. are you sure (no lsight intended, I'm just genuinely curious) the numbers are correct? average 10 cp/battle seems awfully low..

Klaas, where did you get this 10 CP/battle when the variables are from different days?

Active players are of 1 day.

Victories and CP are of probably 7 days?
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:39 am

in your OP you give a per faction X victories over a period and Y cps over i assume the same period.

for lights: 149,000 cps won in 13,798 victories: 10.78 cps/victory
for darks: 108,000 cps won in 9,837 victories = 10.98 cps/victory

hence my confusion.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:52 am

klaas wrote:
in your OP you give a per faction X victories over a period and Y cps over i assume the same period.

hence my confusion.

Yes, I did and then I made another post to clear the confusion. However, you made yet another post after that saying exactly the same thing.

Hence my confusion... Smile
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 2:57 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
klaas wrote:

hence my confusion.

Yes, I did and then I made another post to clear the confusion. However, you made yet another post after that saying exactly the same thing.

Hence my confusion... Smile
yah, that 2nd one took the assumption of logins/cps/victory all being for one day out of it, thus changing my point (of view), leaving only the pertinent part.

OK. let's try it one more time.
- the login numbers are for 1 day.
- the victories and cps are over a period.
- for both victories and cps the period is the same.

correct to so far?

Last edited by klaas on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:14 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

RuneSlayer wrote:

Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

RuneSlayer wrote:

OK, goody. clear.
then how come the numbers point to 10 cp/victory, as calculated above (total amount of cps/period divided by victories/ period) ? that seems really low.
could it be all battle starts/attempts are counted, so including losses and DCs?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 3:39 am

klaas wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

RuneSlayer wrote:

OK, goody. clear.
then how come the numbers point to 10 cp/victory, as calculated above (total amount of cps/period divided by victories/ period) ? that seems really low.
could it be all battle starts/attempts are counted, so including losses and DCs?

Correction

Players login mentioned: For 1 day (21st of July)

Victories per Faction: From the day the new algos were enabled.

Total base CP per Faction: For 1 day (21st of July)

Therefore, from the Dark Side we have an avg. of 386CP/player and from the Light Side an avg. of 468CP/player. Bear in mind, that is for the 21st of July.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 4:54 am

which, to me, points to a issue raised earlier on new CP system. increasing the cap on insane and removing it from suicide very much benefits the higher-end players.
looking at the global rankings it's painfully obvious there are plenty more light players in that bracket than darkies, especially with several highranking dark players having quit. the CP bonus in its current form is not sufficient to counterbalance this.
how now?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:10 am

klaas wrote:
which, to me, points to a issue raised earlier on new CP system. increasing the cap on insane and removing it from suicide very much benefits the higher-end players.  
looking at the global rankings it's painfully obvious there are plenty more light players in that bracket than darkies, especially with several highranking dark players having quit. the CP bonus in its current form is not sufficient to counterbalance this.
how now?

The CP bonus was not implemented so as to create a CP stalemate in the game. It was created to compensate, to a certain extent, for the population difference between the 2 Factions.

How fast players lvl up or how many veteran players stay or not to each Faction, is not something that we would use "forced mechanics" to balance it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)   Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Light Vs Darkness (The Eternal Conflict)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next