Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Express your opinion!

Go down 
+13
Bobba
Damastas
Fyrr
Johntheright
Kalederon
krawehl
Metalsiagon
Scaren
tonio21
Boboknack
Pulkit
Vmomo
RuneSlayer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What should be addressed next?
Population Control (CP bonus/malus)
Express your opinion! I_vote_lcap79%Express your opinion! I_vote_rcap
 79% [ 33 ]
PvP Balance
Express your opinion! I_vote_lcap12%Express your opinion! I_vote_rcap
 12% [ 5 ]
PvP Restructuring
Express your opinion! I_vote_lcap9%Express your opinion! I_vote_rcap
 9% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 42

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Express your opinion! Empty
PostSubject: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:23 am

What do you people think? What is the most important thing that we should address first?
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:28 am

PvP balance, or units balance.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:33 am

Obviously population balance . No darkies = No fight.
Maybe give a gl equip to every darkie who reaches 200 fame.. and an epic equip to noobs ..
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 8:45 am

Pulkit wrote:
Maybe give a gl equip to every darkie who reaches 200 fame.. and an epic equip to noobs ..

Damn! Can't upvote your suggestion Pulkit, oh the pain of it all xD

Back to top Go down
tonio21

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:08 am

Population controle is the priority i think
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:12 am

I suggest the term Population Balance . Population Control has , er , other meanings...
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 10:16 am

I personally voted for pvp balancing but I can also agree with the other two options. population balance makes sense, but getting pvp to a better state would be a great benefit to the game.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 11:44 am

Population balancing first. Not that many people PvP to begin with because it is so broken, but at the same time we are losing people who just play solo's and coop's because there is such a great divide in CP generation Light vs Dark as of late.
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Voted in favor of population balance, which I think is the most pressing issue to the majority of players.

PvP changes should focus on accessibility rather than balance. The more nuanced the balancing measures get, the more difficult it will be to find a match. That's a bit of a vicious circle.
Back to top Go down
Kalederon

Kalederon

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 3:27 pm

Pulkit wrote:
The main priority of course is population balance Also I do not think Pulkit's idea will work.Well one reason is that 1 GL for those who reach 200 fame and 1 epic for noobs. What happens if it breaks? And they wont have the level requirements till later if they are active.If it breaks the only way to get the frag is to do PVP Tier 1 (at their level). If they are willing to PVP great if not then they don't get the frag and cant reforge the piece.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:14 pm

As much as I would like to see pvp handled, it won't do any good if we won't 1st try to get the population issue solved.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 4:20 pm

Heh, ironic that darks are way underpopulated even in this thread.
The imbalance is getting ridiculous.Ofc the drows and their troll dark horse should be blamed for everything.

Poll is closed when btw?
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Fyrr wrote:
The imbalance is getting ridiculous.Ofc the drows and their troll dark horse should be blamed for everything.

Poll is closed when btw?
That is the exact opposite of irony...
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:17 am

Metalsiagon wrote:
Population balancing first. Not that many people PvP to begin with because it is so broken, but at the same time we are losing people who just play solo's and coop's because there is such a great divide in CP generation Light vs Dark as of late.

True, PvP is not what is going to save the game, if PvP is worked on in the future more people will stick around until then.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 6:39 am

Pulkit wrote:
Fyrr wrote:

Poll is closed when btw?
That is the exact opposite of irony...

Well usually the side which is being hurt, complains more and plays less.. (and darks used to be louder about it.. in the past..) Here we don't see that though, hence my words... when lights got concerned more, darks.. gave up?

What if darks get something out of pvping which would help our side? Such as .. some CPs for losing ('trying'), higher CP cap (+CPs over cap perhaps).. Would lights see it as unfair if only darks get those benefits for a while?

Any effort to change pvp would mean that more lights get into pvping.. and almost no new darks.. So it follows that lights even increase their CP output if PvP becomes the priority. And pvping wasn't improved even when devs had more time, it's just too slow to work on pvp and still hope to see any active darks left by the end of it.
Back to top Go down
Damastas

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 7:51 am

Here's why I won't PVP, and maybe some others share this opinion: it doesn't make economical CP sense. As the weaker faction, it is a better use of my time to coop, and get a guaranteed 100 CPs (and help someone else get the same) rather than a possible 170 CPs. And I don't want to waste the time to get better at PVP, because that is a lot of lost CPs along the way. And everytime I lose PVP, light wins, and puts us deeper in the hole.

So I MAY change my mind if I get some sort of "good try" CPs awarded, but they have to be close to what I would otherwise get in coop to be worth my time.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 8:00 am

The poll is leaning towards the first of the three mentioned.

I will let the poll run for 1-2 more days and if nothing changes, then we will have a winner.

Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 9:59 am

I pick option 4, gear sets!  Razz 

(But really though, the population problem is most likely the biggest issue out of the three. It'll sound silly, but I almost prefer a stalemate over one side being steamrolled repeatedly...)
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 11:07 am

Bobba wrote:
I pick option 4, gear sets!  Razz 

(But really though, the population problem is most likely the biggest issue out of the three. It'll sound silly, but I almost prefer a stalemate over one side being steamrolled repeatedly...)

Well if they are close to finishing the gear sets, then im fine with that. As long as we know something is being done to population balance  bounce 
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 pm

I voted pvp balance.

Maybe you devs can work on all 3 and then implement all 3 at one time? Take time to complete all 3 if so, so that it can be as close to perfect as possible. But if not all 3 at once then Pvp balance is a must for me.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:59 am

All 3 are important, for a bad pvping lead to go to many veteran players, being the pvp the best part of the game. The overwhelming power of archers since the last major upgrade killed the pvp, in my opinion; now kiting rules the battlefield.
Also, is true the fact that pvp waste a lot of time, and it diverts many cps from own side. This produce a lack of pvpers.

But the more urgent is beyond any doubt the population balancing.

I chat many suggested that people could switch side without lising their armies or at least their unit level. I guess it is not really applicable, u must fight a lot to upgrade a unit to high levels, but it is true that when u reach certain levels u won t reset easily, for u need another year of playing to reach the same levels with another army.

Being in a neutral faction could balance the game, but also could destroy it.

So, i vote for fixing the population imbalance as the most urgent thing to fix but something like afert any war a random mixing of players could be fair after being here for so long. The 2 fixed sides has its meaning, but after fought so many times the same players i would like to play with, even without changing side and army Wink
Back to top Go down
Strachu

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:27 am

In some reasons dark faction should blame themselves for huge imbalance. Light faction is working hard to keep new players, what about darkies? We have a problem coz darkies are weak, cp bonus wont help, 10 darkies fighting against 200 lightis, is it good idea? They wont be interested to attract the game to new players. What about mixing races? Maybe new system? For example - faction points, each side can get for example 100 points, if one side have 100 active players each of them can get 1 point, if 10 players than each of them can get 10 point.
Players get gratification for solos, coops maybe pvp but they should be more difficult not like now that you can win everything without any problem. When you do your 10 solos and you win everything you get 100% if not you get 80% or something like that, when big players do NM then they get 75% if suicides 100%, something similar for small players but on lower difficulty lvl.
Not only cp should count, quests, new players and other things should influence on points otherwise we will have few darkies with huge cp bonus fighting against numerous light players. Its like penalty for light faction.
If faction is doing well and can keep new players should get points for that if not (like darkies) then no points, all effort should be taken into consideration.
Each players should have possibility to get extra command points for coops pvp or quests. Maybe the number of coops that affect points should be limited, of course players could do more coops to help others, something similar for pvp.
In this idea number of players doesn’t count just how good they are, how they work together and what they are doing for faction.

And yes I think that something must be done with this huge imbalance.
Back to top Go down
Kalederon

Kalederon

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 11:36 am

Strachu wrote:
In some reasons dark faction should blame themselves for huge imbalance. Light faction is working hard to keep new players, what about darkies?
Well when we get new recruits they either go inactive or they want to go to the winning team. So basically this really isn't our fault. But sometimes that is the case when we have a hard time recruiting, but thats not really what happens more then the first two options.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:16 pm

Strachu wrote:
In some reasons dark faction should blame themselves for huge imbalance. Light faction is working hard to keep new players, what about darkies? We have a problem coz darkies are weak, cp bonus wont help, 10 darkies fighting against 200 lightis, is it good idea? They wont be interested to attract the game to new players. What about mixing races? Maybe new system? For example - faction points, each side can get for example 100 points, if one side have 100 active players each of them can get 1 point, if 10 players than each of them can get 10 point.
Players get gratification for solos, coops maybe pvp but they should be more difficult not like now that you can win everything without any problem. When you do your 10 solos and you win everything you get 100% if not you get 80% or something like that, when big players do NM then they get 75%  if suicides 100%, something similar for small players but on lower difficulty lvl.
Not only cp should count, quests, new players and other things should influence on points otherwise we will have few darkies with huge cp bonus fighting against numerous light players. Its like penalty for light faction.
If faction is doing well and can keep new players should get points for that if not (like darkies) then no points, all effort should be taken into consideration.
Each players should have possibility to get extra command points for coops pvp or quests. Maybe the number of coops that affect points should be limited, of course players could do more coops to help others, something similar for pvp.
In this idea number of players doesn’t count just how good they are, how they work together and what they are doing for faction.

And yes I think that something must be done with this huge imbalance.

"Dark players don't cheat coz they don't PvP" remember that comment Strachu(by you!).

You make as much sense as a package of sausages'.

But I'm glad you want something done about the imbalance!  sunny 
Back to top Go down
krawehl

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Boboknack wrote:

"Dark players don't cheat coz they don't PvP" remember that comment Strachu(by you!).

You make as much sense as a package of sausages'.

But I'm glad you want something done about the imbalance!  sunny 

Certain dark players have used the good old fallacy of premature generalization to badmouth pvp based on the misconduct of a few individuals. Certain dark players have also tried to govern how other dark players should play the game because they considered pvp to be an ineffective way of cp generation. IIRC that didn't end so well.

So that's the context and suggesting that Strachu is in any way apologetic of cheating is beyond ridiculous. Bringing this up in this thread is an act of trolling conducive to derailing efforts by players of both factions to solve the balancing problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Express your opinion!   Express your opinion! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Express your opinion!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next