Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rumors

Go down 
+9
uflb999
Scaren
Dobraine
Bobba
RuneSlayer
Kalederon
Pyr
Bblazer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Bblazer

Bblazer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 11:19 am

It seems devs are very inactive lately, in all aspects, Like throwing in the AI and makinig him wipe out cps more then us humans can, also charging on regions away from mountains, how about they get names and let them take our capital next? I'm sure these AI will love to AIvp lot with nice aether items.

Some people said they were focusing on making another game....idk if i like this or not cause i feel BC is not yet completed to go into another project.

Last edited by Bblazer on Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 12:38 pm

well that is a weekend and they sure got some free time but they cant just make so huge changes and dont controll it

their forum activity is also not very good Sad
Back to top Go down
Kalederon

Kalederon

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Rumors   Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2014 3:25 pm

Yeah the Devs were pretty inactive for awhile but who knows?We will just have to wait and see when they will come back.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:30 am

Bblazer wrote:
It seems devs are very inactive lately, in all aspects, Like throwing in the AI and makinig him wipe out cps more then us humans can, also charging on regions away from mountains, how about they get names and let them take our capital next? I'm sure these AI will love to AIvp lot with nice aether items.

Some people said they were focusing on making another game....idk if i like this or not cause i feel BC is not yet completed to go into another project.

When you receive the "flak" I personally received the past two months, you start seeing things in a different way and you have to decide whether you want to continue doing this or simply quit. It's not an easy task to please everyone, because simply you can't, and at the same time continue the game/business development when unhappy player are "spitting" at your face. Therefore, in order to keep my sanity and in order not to quit, I decided to move back a few steps and not respond at every single post made because "someone" thinks that "this" is wrong and "that" needs to be changed...

As for the new mercenary armies..I have already responded in another post.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:17 am

1 yes grey goblin was in global for 20-30 minutes with no prepare (the vulcano smoke is just bullshit) there was no gulid leaders than (oigo for 2 minutes) and i felt like have no power to negotiate so itryed to talk him to giving us more time than you upload it and go for a weekend with no answers ( yes you gave right to get free weekend but please load in so huge changes on monday-tusday so we can see ask qestions and get answers 5 days will not make huge difrence)

2 i made a topic with some qestion s about that ai faction some other people sait that some qestions are nice why you didnt response it ( yes it got some sugestions too but qestions are the most imporatant part)?

3 i must say i would relly like RPG elemnet but i feel like some players like to play only technical part and so huge influence of RPG element on technical map well make those players will probably quit from game

4 we are talking to you about too strong archers sicnce weeks and only thing we see in response is new tiers/caps/gear ap on test server which i cant even test becuse you added ai fraction and i focus on making cp since playing on test server give us nothing
just go and play some coops/pvp and see how many mostly ranged armies are there
i am also mad when i got like 9 person lia 7 person hi and 3 person li and on sueside one archer is killing it while they walk to it that is just insane those situations are making me mad

5 i also asked about trade area on forum that do not takes much time to administrator
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:26 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Bblazer wrote:

When you receive the "flak" I personally received the past two months, you start seeing things in a different way and you have to decide whether you want to continue doing this or simply quit. It's not an easy task to please everyone,  because simply you can't, and at the same time continue the game/business development when unhappy player are "spitting" at your face. Therefore, in order to keep my sanity and in order not to quit, I decided to move back a few steps and not respond at every single post made because "someone" thinks that "this" is wrong and "that" needs to be changed...

Just remember that the unhappy people are almost always louder than the happy people. I haven't been posting much lately but I know you are working hard and the fact that you are still actively developing and updating this game to such a degree is more than enough to keep me from holding any ill will toward you. Not to mention the fact that you spend so much time listening and responding to the community.

I do agree with Than0s that it's better to make sure something is just right before releasing it, because these AI armies do seem too strong and it's causing many players grief. However, I still respect your team, this game, and it's future and I think many other players despite their possible complaints do too.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:44 am

Bobba wrote:
I do agree with Than0s that it's better to make sure something is just right before releasing it, because these AI armies do seem too strong and it's causing many players grief.

As I have already mentioned, the mercenary armies function is complete and it is working as intended. I would suggest next time you see an NPC online to be certain what his intentions/powers are, before you act. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 7:31 am

What a nifty feature. I caught the tail end of his visit...which got blasted away by chat far too quickly lol.

I'd also simply like to second the vast majority of Bobba's post, I am likewise both happy and quiet on the forums Wink
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 12:25 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Bobba wrote:
I do agree with Than0s that it's better to make sure something is just right before releasing it, because these AI armies do seem too strong and it's causing many players grief.

As I have already mentioned, the mercenary armies function is complete and it is working as intended. I would suggest next time you see an NPC online to be certain what his intentions/powers are, before you act. Wink

That's just it though, I wasn't online when the Grey Goblin got angry. And I'm sure many others weren't either. Which means, there is a good chance he will just get insulted the next time he comes on too, by someone who doesn't believe him, and everyone in the faction will get punished for it. Not to mention spies can go over to the opposite faction and sabotage these "negotiations" too. Unless I'm missing something here.

I do really like the addition of some RPG elements though, and it's neat that you can interact with these NPC's. Would definitely like to see more of them, but hopefully some less violent additions in the future.  Razz 
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Bobba wrote:

That is completely wrong in my opinion. So simply because a few noobs or new players in the game start badgering the NPC everyone else should pay dearly for it? My entire guild had to downgrade and move our regions. Six's guild had to do the same thing. We had not way to communicate and we were not online at the time the Grey Goblin was.
Back to top Go down
uflb999

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2014 5:00 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Bblazer wrote:

When you receive the "flak" I personally received the past two months, you start seeing things in a different way and you have to decide whether you want to continue doing this or simply quit. It's not an easy task to please everyone,  because simply you can't, and at the same time continue the game/business development when unhappy player are "spitting" at your face. Therefore, in order to keep my sanity and in order not to quit, I decided to move back a few steps and not respond at every single post made because "someone" thinks that "this" is wrong and "that" needs to be changed...

Rune pls dont quit! Even though I have sort of "retired" from this game, I still enjoy playing it and the community you and the fellow devs have so successfully formed. Despite the occasional hiccup, you and your team has done an amazing job in keeping this game running, despite what all the "unhappy" people are saying. Either way, it's a great game. I think it's well made and developers are some of the best I have EVER seen. And trust me, I've played many games Wink

All I have to say is keep up the great work and don't let all the unhappy players drag you down, try playing your game maybe! Introduce a third faction, the devs Razz
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 3:27 pm

I know that you devs have ignored the forums lately just because you are tired of the crap we put you through at times. You established yourselves early on as devs who would listen to the community. Ignoring the community all of a sudden is very bad in my opinion and many people find it insulting, and it can only lead to problems. Give at least some sort of warning that people shouldn't bother to post on the forums anymore... I may not see the entire picture with this Grey Goblin NPC but it seems like this is just pissing a lot of people off. Myself included. Only a few people were able to talk to this Grey Goblin. Any other NPC in any other game is accessible by everyone. Only allowing this "Grey Goblin" to talk to a few people is nonsense and it would be an implementation that no one else would even know about.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 11:34 pm

Scaren wrote:
I know that you devs have ignored the forums lately just because you are tired of the crap we put you through at times. You established yourselves early on as devs who would listen to the community. Ignoring the community all of a sudden is very bad in my opinion and many people find it insulting, and it can only lead to problems. Give at least some sort of warning that people shouldn't bother to post on the forums anymore... I may not see the entire picture with this Grey Goblin NPC but it seems like this is just pissing a lot of people off. Myself included. Only a few people were able to talk to this Grey Goblin. Any other NPC in any other game is accessible by everyone. Only allowing this "Grey Goblin" to talk to a few people is nonsense and it would be an implementation that no one else would even know about.

I can only talk about myself Scaren when I say that I am not ignoring the Forums. Just because I am not replying to every single post that is made by every single Forum member, that doesn't mean I am ignoring the Community. Being close to the Community, it doesn't mean that I have to reply to every single post that is made here. It is called Forums for a reason, it isn't called "RuneSlayer at your service". We are all free to post whatever we want and whenever we want it, isn't that right?

As for the NPC, this is not World of Warcraft. The Grey Goblin won't tell you to fetch this and deliver it there and "Well done, here is your reward!", nor will it tell you to kill 100 Goblins to get a reward. Consider it as an event...Sometimes people will be on when the event is happening, something they won't. As this is in its early stage, the events are quite seldom at the moment.

Now if you, or other people are "angry" because you didn't get to talk to the Grey Goblin....well....I'm sorry?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:21 am

Sorry if the word ignore wasn't correct. Not replying works. I'm not worried about talking to the Grey Goblin but i'm mad that a few players that I have no idea who they were able to completely destroy my guilds regions. I imagine anyone else would be mad if they had to waste time and resources because a few people badgered the Grey Goblin who I have never met and never met these people.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 5:34 am

well wow is not a RPG in my opinion its morel ike hackingslash like diablo

but well i might be an extremist the last nice rpg i plyed was baldurs gate 2 and gothic 2 with extensin wiithout all that dots on map and with some nice qest where you had to think actually

i really like the way you implement it but maby you should put a normal game accout for grey goblin where could faction leaders drop a pm ( top5 gulid's leaders/vice/chancelors/diplomats and top 10 faction players and persons who got directed talk into (like for eexaplme scaren i dont know if he is in top 5 gulids but that volcano thing had infulence on his regions))

well maby too much work with it but so many possibilities

or we could have fraction king title from election ( election time evry 2 weeks a moth maby) who will decide about lots of things

it would ba also nice to have a private meeting with NPC ( exaple story : while moving with your units from castle to catle you see women in bushes crying if you ignore it nothing happen if you stop and aske whats is going on she will tell you a story for exaple her father beat her and through out of house now there is story spliting:
1 aske her what she done
2 go to vilage kill father ( 1li/lia unit fight with village guards picked by game master or a battle prepared by game master)

point 1 got another split ponit so another story

2 if player wins give him some frags as reward/if plyer lose take out 20k gold as a ransom for unit or unit will be killed

i would really enjoy that !!!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 6:31 am

Scaren wrote:
Sorry if the word ignore wasn't correct. Not replying works. I'm not worried about talking to the Grey Goblin but i'm mad that a few players that I have no idea who they were able to completely destroy my guilds regions. I imagine anyone else would be mad if they had to waste time and resources because a few people badgered the Grey Goblin who I have never met and never met these people.

Would it help that the outcome would be the same no matter what they said? Smile Dvergar and Drow made their appearance...They hit hard for a few days and now they are hitting a lot less, with a lot less CP acquisition and more possible to be destroyed if the walls are high enough.
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2014 7:40 am

Now that were all somewhat happily back together again, why don't we make those gear sets?  Smile  Maaaaaybe cava tweaks (Ap reduction/cava item to cope with FoW), and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe AI PvP, who cares Transmutation and the rest, we just wanna see ateast one of those, which we heard about a while ago, lets remove them from the myths and bring them back from the grave! Exclamation ......... *Remembers golems*  bounce 
Back to top Go down

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2014 7:13 am

Bblazer wrote:
Now that were all somewhat happily back together again, why don't we make those gear sets?  Smile  Maaaaaybe cava tweaks (Ap reduction/cava item to cope with FoW), and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe AI PvP, who cares Transmutation and the rest, we just wanna see ateast one of those, which we heard about a while ago, lets remove them from the myths and bring them back from the grave! Exclamation ......... *Remembers golems*  bounce 

I would prefer first, that the AI would be in the same way affected from FoW as the player is now or disable FoW in solos till there is time for it.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:21 pm

I would personally prefer AI pvp.

Rewards are bigger and opponents are stupid: the perfect combo! Very Happy 

But seriously, AI pvp would be awesome to have.
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 12:47 pm

Gimli wrote:

But seriously, AI pvp would be awesome to have.

Awesome isn't the world... I prefer fight real players. However i want to have AI pvp system too, due to lack of pvpers...
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2014 7:31 pm

It all comes together though.
When PvP vs AI is introduced, more people will be playing.
From what I understand it will always match real players before matching you with an AI.
It will be an all-round boost for the PvP numbers.
Back to top Go down
ferarith

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 5:24 pm

XViper wrote:
From what I understand it will always match real players before matching you with an AI.

Ok, so i've been wondering this for a while... What exactly is going to be the difference between a PvP AI match and a solo besides the AP caps and rewards? cuz it doesn't seem any different to me...
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:20 pm

ferarith wrote:
XViper wrote:

Ok, so i've been wondering this for a while... What exactly is going to be the difference between a PvP AI match and a solo besides the AP caps and rewards? cuz it doesn't seem any different to me...

It seems to me the only difference is that you get prestige for pvp vs AI and with solos you don't get prestige.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 6:45 pm

ferarith wrote:
XViper wrote:

The difference is that the army you face is equipped wisely, and (I think) based off armies the player has actually brought to battle in the past. and is the only AI type that can have heroes on its units. Also, I hope rewards are not as high as for real PvP (especially prestige rewards) so that people don't try to replace real PvP with PvP AI. Especiallllly if there is a speed up button for these AI PvPs. Because these PvP's will generally not be as hard as doing a real PvP against the player whose armies are being used in the battle.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2014 11:13 pm

ferarith wrote:
XViper wrote:

Maybe the AI can be much more intelligent than with solos and coops. i.e they don't friendly fire if they bring archers in and they can learn to effectively flank players. Twisted Evil

PS: How did this thread turn from a thread of the devs supposed absence into a thread discussing AI PvP?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rumors         Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumors    Rumors         I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: