Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Question about projectiles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khor

Khor

Question about projectiles Empty
PostSubject: Question about projectiles   Question about projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:16 am

So i just did a co-op with 2 LI and some gunners. Keeping in mind FF, i targeted enemy ranged units with mine, since we were fighting demons they were also only 45 range. I also targeted fleeing troops. But holy crap i have never gotten more friendly fire in my life, -253 points, i didnt see it, my ally didnt see it, but apparently they murdered more allies than enemies by a long shot. Our elf ally had 4 archers, and not a single point in friendly fire.

EDIT: ok so i got my answer directly! Too bad, wish they did, since apparently siege weapons function slightly different. STill, never using them again.

Last edited by Khor on Sat May 18, 2013 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Question about projectiles   Question about projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:20 am

They increased the penalties for FF quite a bit. Maybe around 5 times what it was before yesterday. I dont think I ever went over 30 before, and now I rarely reach 200. Self FF is still in the calculation afaict.

Dont think there is a difference in the way projectiles hit, but that would be a good way to create some diversity. Numbers might need tweaking though.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Question about projectiles   Question about projectiles I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 8:46 am

Yeah he said no but i never had my guys shooting at any squads that were in combat, only enemy archers and fleeing squads, i saw someone get 300 ff the other day but they were entirely archers. I think a lot of fun possibilities are held back by the a.i. and lack of fog of war, example, the Elven Ballista, imagine it having a different sort of penetration, striking everything in its path like they do in many games. But in PvE that would wreck the stupid a.i., and in pvp no one would line up for you. I'm glad siege has diversity, different range and damage but also possibly splash sizes, arc of fire to get over obstacles and such. Could use some passives on them though.

Heck you could do real cool things like, like undead, maybe their catapult flings a piece of putrid sludge, the actual damage comes from disease, instead of hurting a lot it just spreads disease to enemies, and would basically have no friendly fire. Weapons designed to fight your enemies. I could go on, but i hope the concept is explored.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about projectiles   Question about projectiles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question about projectiles
Page 1 of 1