Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Scaling the contribution to War Effort

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorlak

Gorlak

Scaling the contribution to War Effort Empty
PostSubject: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 6:51 am

I'm a relatively new player so please forgive me if I'm wrong here but it seems to me that the only way to make a meaningful contribution to the war effort is by joining as many battles as possible. Whilst I have nothing against this idea, after all those who are prepared to battle 24/7 deserve some credit, I think there should also be some way to increase a players contribution based on how much they've invested into resource production and research. Perhaps the number of flags contributed should not only be based on the type of battle but also the size of the armies (APs) committed to those battles. That way, there's actually a point to researching and developing the more advanced units.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 9:40 am

Size of armies can be increased by just sending more troops with more equipment though. Research does give fame however, could formulate an outcome based on AP and Fame.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:44 pm

Gorlak wrote:
I'm a relatively new player so please forgive me if I'm wrong here but it seems to me that the only way to make a meaningful contribution to the war effort is by joining as many battles as possible. Whilst I have nothing against this idea, after all those who are prepared to battle 24/7 deserve some credit, I think there should also be some way to increase a players contribution based on how much they've invested into resource production and research. Perhaps the number of flags contributed should not only be based on the type of battle but also the size of the armies (APs) committed to those battles. That way, there's actually a point to researching and developing the more advanced units.
AP does affect it to an extent.

There seems to be two buckets (maybe more) where you get +1 CP on a victory. ~5 units or more will give you this +1 CP bonus.
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 11:23 am

The more I play, the more I think something like this is necessary. I'm already getting bored and can see no real reason why I should continue the arduous process of upgrading stuff when it'll make little difference to my ability to influence the war effort. Since the PVE system balances out your army, I can see little point in getting to Heavy Infantry or beyond as things stand.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:31 am

This patch updated the CP contributions. They scale quite well with AP size now. I've seen up to 29 CP after a couple co op battles using 900ish AP armies so far. Its a nice change.

A quick follow up question for the devs -- What are the limits of CP rewards? Are they asymptotic limits?

Just to share some numbers:
29 from 930 AP in Co op.
36 from 930 AP in Nightmare.
33 from 1004 AP in Co op.
12 from 357 AP in Co op.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:20 am

The ceiling is 99 Hegorn.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 8:59 pm

Thanks for the info! Quite a lot of room to grow then.

Last edited by Hegorn on Wed May 22, 2013 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:45 pm

I hovered my mouse over the Capital army recently as it was returning from a battle.
    "The Light Army has successfully attacked Region 38 and accumulated 895 CP for the light capital."

Thats a decently large chunk of CP. It had 67/87 LINF and 0 of everything else. Is that 67/87 units of LINF? Does that put the AP of the Light army somewhere in the order of 4500-9000?

Looking for insight into how the Capital army's CPs work.

Last edited by Hegorn on Wed May 22, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:48 pm

After a quick look at a relatively small set of CP numbers, they look linear (not asyptotic). It looks like a player would need just about 3100 AP to hit the cap of 99CP with Co Op matches. It will be lower for PvP or Nightmares.

I wonder if that is less than the max barracks limit on AP.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaling the contribution to War Effort   Scaling the contribution to War Effort I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scaling the contribution to War Effort
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: Suggestions-
Jump to: