Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Violation of BC rules.

Go down 
+2
tommarkc
Vmomo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vmomo

Violation of BC rules. Empty
PostSubject: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2014 4:08 am

I received a mail that i don't agree the BC's rules.

That was my cousin, so i ask him to delete his account, he did.
He needs to delete only his account on the game or his kongregate's account ?

Thanks for your attentions.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 9:28 am

Nice question and very sarcastic.

I have 3 brothers. I play on both servers (well, looking on hot topics, soon there will be only 1). If I would like to have brother playing with me to be everything more interesting, this will be violation of rules? Let's say, one of them will want to play BC, but because of me they can't?
I know the problem is multi accounts, but did you think about players with dynamic IP adress? Oh, so smart!

To not spam this, I'm almost 100% sure he will need only to delete BC (game) account.
I believe Kong is not that silly to force players to have only 1 acc. What will you profit with it? Double Kongpanions?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 am

Vnomo wrote:
He needs to delete only his account on the game or his kongregate's account ?

No need to delete his Kongregate account.

tommarkc wrote:
I know the problem is multi accounts, but did you think about players with dynamic IP adress? Oh, so smart!

I believe you mean static IPs? The reason why people are receiving the violation messages is because they actually did something which is against the rules and is a direct result of using multi accounts (eg. transferring resources from one account to the other). If 2 or more people are sharing the same IP, that won't trigger a violation msg.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:02 am

No, I meant dynamic. If you have dynamic IP, same player can have multi accs. By giving some work in it, you can get new IP every time you want when logging to another acc (you're switching beteen them, not using at same time). And you cannot get caught. Most players have static one anyway, so this isn't big problem. But it's possible.

And yes, most players get message because they did this.
But in my 'imaginary' case and vmomo's, this isn't against rules.

Battle Conquest Rules by RuneSlayer wrote:
You agree not to:

• Use more than one account per game world, or share accounts with any other player on any game world they may play. Each player has the option to reset his account max. 2 times and start over, but under no circumstances can a player use multiple accounts to play on a game world.

It says nothing about sharing the same IP; IP is the best and simpliest way for catching players who have more than 1 acc per world. But Vmomo's causin isn't the same person, even he wanted to play, or try the game.

Which means, vmomo's case don't violate rules and both vmomo and his causin have right to play the game on same server, EVEN they want to transfer ressources from those 2 accs.
Or said differently, if Vmomo send me ressource, and I send those resource to his causin, vmomo won't receive violation msg and everything is allright, not be caught and it will be fully legal (as it is now too!).

Idea how to solve this: make exception list.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:54 am

tommarkc wrote:
No, I meant dynamic. If you have dynamic IP, same player can have multi accs. By giving some work in it, you can get new IP every time you want when logging to another acc (you're switching beteen them, not using at same time). And you cannot get caught. Most players have static one anyway, so this isn't big problem. But it's possible.

And yes, most players get message because they did this.
But in my 'imaginary' case and vmomo's, this isn't against rules.

Battle Conquest Rules by RuneSlayer wrote:
You agree not to:

• Use more than one account per game world, or share accounts with any other player on any game world they may play. Each player has the option to reset his account max. 2 times and start over, but under no circumstances can a player use multiple accounts to play on a game world.

It says nothing about sharing the same IP; IP is the best and simpliest way for catching players who have more than 1 acc per world. But Vmomo's causin isn't the same person, even he wanted to play, or try the game.

Which means, vmomo's case don't violate rules and both vmomo and his causin have right to play the game on same server, EVEN they want to transfer ressources from those 2 accs.
Or said differently, if Vmomo send me ressource, and I send those resource to his causin, vmomo won't receive violation msg and everything is allright, not be caught and it will be fully legal (as it is now too!).

Idea how to solve this: make exception list.

Would you risk getting your account banned thinking that our monitoring systems won't get you? Wink
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Ok ! Thanks for the answer ! (:
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: priceless   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 1:41 pm

This was absolutely priceless  cheers 

ST
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 2:33 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Would you risk getting your account banned thinking that our monitoring systems won't get you? Wink

Well, lets say I will be one of them. In that case, I will answer with yes to your question. I will have many accs on same server, upgrading resource buildings and come clicking for gathering on every one of them for every 5 hours or so. What a big deal, resetting internet connection a few times a day to get great amounts of resources. I will do that thing very carefully and noone will get me.

The worst thing in this is it's happening. While different players- brothers, cousins- cannot play from same IP, because they have static IP, while it's fully legal.
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 3:45 pm

tommarkc, you have a horrible way of making your point. Razz

@RuneSlayer: What I've seen around the place is a bit of confusion on the specifics of what the 'multi account rules' actually are. Specifically those that apply to those cases where there are more than one person sharing the same PC that would like to play BC.

I think it may be beneficial to list the actions that are 'illegal' for two players who share the same PC/IP/House.

Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 11:49 pm

I know, X.

And that's what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 1:53 am

XViper wrote:
tommarkc, you have a horrible way of making your point. Razz

@RuneSlayer: What I've seen around the place is a bit of confusion on the specifics of what the 'multi account rules' actually are. Specifically those that apply to those cases where there are more than one person sharing the same PC that would like to play BC.

I think it may be beneficial to list the actions that are 'illegal' for two players who share the same PC/IP/House.

XViper...I would say that the list is straightforward and self explanatory.

Eg.

1. Do not transfer resources/items from one account to the other.
2. Do not exploit PvP battles
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:47 am

Rune, if so, can you tell me which rule did vmomo and his causin break? As long he is not lying or have personality disorder of double personalities I see no breaking of rules.

RuneSlayer wrote:

Can you copy me the words in rules that proves those 2 things?
And let's talk about what you said. To be short, you said it's against rules to transfer ressources from different accounts. So, if I help a newbie player to advance fast and sell him/ transfer via guild some resources to help, I "transfer resources/items from one account to the other" Should this be against rules?
Oh, of course you meant between the accounts of same player. So, if I have 2 accounts on same server and I don't transfer ressources between those 2 accounts, it is legal? Looking at the first game rule, I don't think so, and I believe you think the same. But then, can you tell me why did you mention helping between same player accounts, if those 2 accounts are already against the rules (in rules it say about having accs, not about activities)?
The same story is with your PvP explonation.

I'm just sticking to the rules here. If you don't understand that, you should read Animal Farm by George Orwell. Reading recommended, great book.

So, if my brother decide to play BC at the same server as I, is this against the rules? Is it against the rule if I help him? Where's the words in rule that clearly explains that?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:56 am

Tommarkc did you lose your mind?

You speak like crazy person. Read again all what is written here and think about it a bit before you write something.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 2:59 am

I didn't. Just sticking to the rules. And XViper's solution.

Quoting rules about my questions will works just fine.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:08 am

multiaccounting is forbidden. Devs agrred (unofficially) that two player can log from the same IP (like family) and they do not ban those accounts, but they cannot:

to avoid unfair advantages (or to prevent mass multiaccounting and cheating).

There is no rule that you cannot give resources/items to different accounts as long as it has different IP (belong to other player). Thats why guild vault were implemented so more advanced players can help less advanced without worry that item/resource might be sniped on market.
Back to top Go down
tommarkc

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 3:28 am

And that explains everything. Thank you.
Still those 2 rules should be seen on rule topic to avoid problems like this was.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: tommarkc your kidding right?   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 12:48 pm

tommarkc your kidding right? We all have to click off on that age before we start playing?

Again your kidding right?

Question 

ST
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Violation of BC rules.   Violation of BC rules. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Violation of BC rules.
Page 1 of 1