Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

special items durability

Go down 
+6
kuba_
Tibr
RuneSlayer
XViper
Bobba
nathor
10 posters
AuthorMessage
nathor

special items durability Empty
PostSubject: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 pm

in the notes its says:

Quote :
These (special)items cannot be sold, repaired, broken into fragments or reforged but they have 0 GS and all of them, except one, can be equipped by all types of units.
they have durability 40 but tough it was irrelevant, these items would not be destroyed. now i used it and the durability goes down, meaning, its a limited use(40 times) item. can you confirm it? i made a serious effort to get the candies to buy it but now i regret it... i will probably never use this item if i can only use it 40 times! it will stay in the inventory looking pretty and that's it. bah!
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:45 am

nathor wrote:
in the notes its says:

Quote :
These (special)items cannot be sold, repaired, broken into fragments or reforged but they have 0 GS and all of them, except one, can be equipped by all types of units.
they have durability 40 but tough it was irrelevant, these items would not be destroyed. now i used it and the durability goes down, meaning, its a limited use(40 times) item.  can you confirm it? i made a serious effort to get the candies to buy it but now i regret it... i will probably never use this item if i can only use it 40 times! it will stay in the inventory looking pretty and that's it. bah!
I think it's 40 times and it's poof. I don't think it can be repaired and I know it can't be reforged. However it's 0 AP, so making it a permanent item would be a major slap in the face to anyone who didn't collect enough candy for an item. Save them to get an AP edge in pvps or something and maybe it will feel more worthwhile?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 1:47 am

There was nothing ever said that the items would be 'unbreakable', only that they couldn't be broken down.

RuneSlayer was quite clear.

HAVING SAID THAT; 40 durability for something that cost 40 candies, is CRAP to say the least. Without being able to repair it in any way, the effort put in to get these items is sooo not worth the reward at the end.

A durability of 300, maybe.
But without being able to repair it, 40 durability makes the items life-span so limited. In fact it will disappear quicker than it took to get the candies to buy it in the first place.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:12 am

Gentlemen...The candies and the special items are just a Halloween event...they are not supposed to be a new mechanism in the game.

You are doing battles, as you did before, and among the usual rewards you get candies which you can trade for special items with great bonuses for 0 GS...What effort are you talking about...?

Just enjoy it and have fun...It is ...CANDIES.....not GOLD....It is a special event, nothing more..nothing less...
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:26 am

But...but....

We HAVE to find something to complain about Razz

Right?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:38 am

I know..I know....*sigh*... Carry on... Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 2:51 am

But you realise that those items are very good for pvp. Which will lead to ppl wanting to use them with max efficiency .. when they have to Smile
So again the question - do those items have any date of expiry?
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 3:00 am

I checked this items due to pvp at tier 4. The only usefull things would be eye of beholder for my LI. I always need few points at strenght and endurence to cap LI so this would work, but on HI or cav there are no items for me to use at pvp.

I really like this idea of such event and i hope we will see similar ideas in future Smile
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 5:04 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Gentlemen...The candies and the special items are just a Halloween event...they are not supposed to be a new mechanism in the game.

You are doing battles, as you did before, and among the usual rewards you get candies which you can trade for special items with great bonuses for 0 GS...What effort are you talking about...?

Just enjoy it and have fun...It is ...CANDIES.....not GOLD....It is a special event, nothing more..nothing less...
when i played dawn of dragons, they did have better than usual items given just at special events like Christmas or Halloween... seems popular trend in MMO's. but they were permanent and maybe for the worse, ppl still used them months after the events. giving small permanent advantages to players that stick with the game over long periods of time its does not unbalance the game too much and rewards veterans... oh well... i will get some nice items any way, to sit in my inventory...
Back to top Go down
Quadq

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:52 am

Personally, the 40 dur is fine with me. I dont have to do anything extra and I can get free items. I purchased 3x armor and only need 4 more candies for a fourth. The event may be over today before I get the next item but I am sure the store will open again in the future. It saved me alot of money on repairing my epic armors so that alone was a huge perk.

I did think about saving them for PVP but since I dont really PVP, I used them. Besides how much fun can it be if I used the items to get an advantage in PVP. Odds are you would win but it would not really be balanced..so dont really see the appeal. Anyway.....another subject.

As always, thank you for the great game and for the most part very few complaints, so I think the shop was a good addition. Hope to see it again Smile

Not a complaint: Just a suggestion....saw some comments about small items...Might not be a bad idea to consider something for the 10 piece range such a small artifact (example +5 armor, +5 strength, +5 endurance) for those you dont get to play much.

Yikes, talking too much. Thank you again.
Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 5:00 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Since were talking about keeping the special items, will we at least be able to see and keep the items (Not use it) just so in 1-2 years we can brag in noob's faces Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 2:22 am

Ellthune wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Since were talking about keeping the special items, will we at least be able to see and keep the items (Not use it) just so in 1-2 years we can brag in noob's faces Very Happy
You can keep them as long as you like. Smile If you want to delete them, then just use the "Trash" options as usual.
Back to top Go down
Ragear

Ragear

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 5:34 am

Personally, i use the witch's broom to clean the barracks during shutdowm maintenance so as to killing time lol!
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
If you want to delete them, then just use the "Trash" options as usual.
as usual? i doubt ANY of us use trash intentionally. always better to just use it up in this case, or break into frags in other cases. we should vote one day to remove trashing at all. ha!

Ragear wrote:
Personally, i use the witch's broom to clean the barracks during shutdowm maintenance so as to killing time
ahh so you're a witch and you don't have any subordinates to clean it up for you? rare... only elves like to be so clean.. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: special items durability   special items durability I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

special items durability
Page 1 of 1