Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Walls blocking support influence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pearl

Pearl

Walls blocking support influence Empty
PostSubject: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 7:21 pm

Here Prism is supporting Polish Warriors on #51:

Walls blocking support influence 55walls

However, fighting on #51 blocks 1.3 influence (its 6.8 instead of 8.1)

It could be "working as intended" since a wall is kinda dumb; and maybe not smart enough to see it "friendly influence" (and thus not block it).

Just thought I would mention it, in case its considered a bug.

NOTE: Picture is two pictures pasted together.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 12:55 am

Seems like a bug now Joyce. Smile We'll take a look at it.

Thanks for reporting,
Xargos
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:01 am

To follow on from this.

It appears that friendly CP's on a faction hex (ie. Defending the hex), are damaging the defences\wall built on that hex?
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:25 am

XViper wrote:
To follow on from this.

It appears that friendly CP's on a faction hex (ie. Defending the hex), are damaging the defences\wall built on that hex?
yes, for example, made a battle in 41, and 7 cps(the image is blurred, sorry, but it says 7 cps) went to the wall:
Walls blocking support influence 6gin

the guild that owns the hex is the unceasing auxiliare, which my guild has no formal treaty.
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:40 am

now it gets weird, i hit region 44 and the same 7cps going for wall, but the region has no wall!!! clearly a bug, but how?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Wall affects   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 9:49 am

nathor wrote:
yes, for example, made a battle in 41, and 7 cps(the image is blurred, sorry, but it says 7 cps) went to the wall.

the guild that owns the hex is the unceasing auxiliare, which my guild has no formal treaty.
My understanding is:

1. The wall took the equivalent of 7 conquest points worth of damage (i..e: the wall went down in strength); however the wall did not block any conquest points (you still got 71 conquest points).

2. If you had a military command on #41, then the wall would have blocked 0.7% influence [same faction walls block influence; different faction walls block conquest points].

3. Click on this link: Wall affects for details on why this is my understanding, after extensive testing.
NOTE: As I understand it, the bug we are reporting here is that wall of the same faction takes the equivalent of 7 conquest points in damage, when it is not blocking influence.

NOTE #2: I have no idea if treaties affect walls, will test that soon!
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:14 am

now i even get cps lost when hitting the regions of my own guild. its very strange:

Walls blocking support influence Qn9z
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:16 am

Joyce wrote:
nathor wrote:
yes, for example, made a battle in 41, and 7 cps(the image is blurred, sorry, but it says 7 cps) went to the wall.

My understanding is:

1. The wall took the equivalent of 7 conquest points worth of damage (i..e: the wall went down in strength); however the wall did not block any conquest points (you still got 71 conquest points).

2. If you had a military command on #41, then the wall would have blocked 0.7% influence [same faction walls block influence; different faction walls block conquest points].

3. Click on this link: Wall affects for details on why this is my understanding, after extensive testing.
NOTE: As I understand it, the bug we are reporting here is that wall of the same faction takes the equivalent of 7 conquest points in damage, when it is not blocking influence.

NOTE #2: I have no idea if treaties affect walls, will test that soon!
my bug is different, but very weird, i hit regions without wall, including of my own guild and i lose CP's to an unexisting wall?!?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:20 am

nathor wrote:
now i even get cps lost when hitting the regions of my own guild. its very strange:
My understanding:
  • Its influence lost, not conquest points lost [when wall is of the same faction, as obviously a region of the same guild would be of the same faction].

• Thus you lost 1.3% influence, still got your stanard 86 conquest points; and the wall took the equivalent damage of 13 conquest points.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:23 am

nathor wrote:
my bug is different, but very weird, i hit regions without wall, including of my own guild and i lose CP's to an unexisting wall?!?
Hmm, I havn't seen that!  Can't really test it, yet, as no walls on light side have been knocked down (well one was, but was rebuilt).

*runs of to knock down a light side wall, so as to test this ...*

All areas without walls [i.e.: that never had one ever] ... do not seem to exhibit this behavior.

Nathor ... was this region a region that previously had a wall?
Back to top Go down
nathor

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 28, 2013 10:26 am

Joyce wrote:
nathor wrote:
Hmm, I havn't seen that!  Can't really test it, yet, as no walls on light side have been knocked down (well one was, but was rebuilt).

*runs of to knock down a light side wall, so as to test this ...*

All areas without walls [i.e.: that never had one ever] ... do not seem to exhibit this behavior.

Nathor ... was this region a region that previously had a wall?
yes, it had a wall very recently, it was 49. but also 44, that lost a wall already some time ago.
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 4:42 pm

Going back to region 41 where there used to be a wall and currently is not;

I have done several GW co-ops on the tile and each time i lose 7 out of 73-79 total CP to a wall that doesn't exist and if it did...I WOULD BE DEFENDING IT! not attacking.

PS. Cant type in in-game chat for 2 days now.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:49 am

This bug is fixed and will be applied with the next patch. Additionally, the defense damage frame has been changed a bit to avoid confusion.

Defenses should not be damaged when defending the ruling guild of a region in GW, or defending your faction.

Xargos
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 am

I am still losing CP to walls on my guilds own territory that i am defending. seems to happen exclusively with co-ops and we are referring to 53 where it just happened, but also on the other Unceasing Aux. tiles as well.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 10:59 am

Broodzero wrote:
I am still losing CP to walls on my guilds own territory that i am defending. seems to happen exclusively with co-ops and we are referring to 53 where it just happened, but also on the other Unceasing Aux. tiles as well.
I just confirmed this.

Solo's on territory of the guild I am in, the walls work correctly, and do not block influence or conquest points.

For cooperative (with a defense command on #61) it is block BOTH influence & conquest points! [walls on same side never used to block conquest points before]:

Before #61:

Walls blocking support influence 5rZSIrmlVS7ZOW5HlC7m7bSV77obYRNDDmb36vaNCL815QSPrMGj3VgiGQephFrQACTXMk7Mm5e3yFEwU3tnO9ZeGgmywaOJeeu85IqV0Ew35tNIVEQW6yxM

A cooperative fight on #61:

Walls blocking support influence JEDWlNSbu-utiAGWLz42kul3cOdRL-KDkM9hwYQrIFPP-CbYbwiTxwIzsdr8pl37d4HGu7955xEt-VaecVbPQLkinWp8hyrsdOny3qmH83jRVGIE9TT9zoj5Zg

Result of cooperative on #61:

Walls blocking support influence TdSb-MpIPIbBuGOBBGhGkp1kwaLAnlzZovj99NJM2ENY2UnUBQ6-XlXqDIw0jldb4bN_52zooUaU2YcHRGjUWjjUABRhMNoSyhxxWHV8ue5JqQF6kpt9JToq

Notice the wall did *NOT* take any damage!!! (It stayed at 42.63%).

However my conquest points was decreased from 99 to 84 (the +84 is floating into the box on picture #83, and it ended up at 13099 there [+84 from the 13015 there]).

P.S.: I'm a member of Prism, the current guild in control of #61, so these are experiments with a defense command & cooperative.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Walls of opposite faction NOT blocking in cooperative mode   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Hmm, a fight on #52 (under control of the dark red meanies):

Walls blocking support influence XdGzNnBNUZUfAn-wdLn8eCjgmDeZNQL0HTirit5HGnWiVO-gpeyPDySs_YC5MxuLsfPGa3WGpZbSwDBSYA4j7qlWTxFJ7eO7xkoW6sTtyxDjR04ZA2F2StfE

I, from the cool blue team, do a cooperative fight on #52:

Walls blocking support influence 6kE5b_igdoT-Z6Vrxz5Wy0uvPwuvMd9xHodCWeDGdGzOZpmphp_EH8XQAQo5HMTH-1OPoODBj00iJIFTpmb5q--UF7LVff7-01qejGVfNN5Dy_Y1BH63mT8n_g

Notice the walls block nothing!

Summary:

1. Solo defense of same guild - walls do not block - correct
  2. Cooperative defense of same guild - walls block - should not block (see previous reply)
  3. Solo attack on the opposite faction - walls block - correct
  4. Cooperative attack on the opposite faction - walls do NOT block - should block

Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2013 12:30 am

There has been a bug with the players' commands, hence in some cases defenses are not triggered. This has already been fixed and will be applied with the next patch!

Thank Joyce. Smile
Xargos
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walls blocking support influence   Walls blocking support influence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walls blocking support influence
Page 1 of 1