Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More repair slots

Go down 
+3
Hegorn
Archer
Dobraine
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dobraine

Dobraine

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 7:07 pm

Would be handy if you added another 3 or 6 repair slots for those days when you're trying to get lots of playing in Smile

Unlocked by crystal, naturally.
Back to top Go down
Archer

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2013 9:08 pm

don't have a problem with this... especially since we can have a ton of units now
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 8:30 am

Aye, some other things need to be scaled up with the expansion of the barracks.

IMO what needs attention includes repair slots, hero slots, and frag drop rate. Item durability or frag requirements for crafting would be another way perhaps; it would also be nice to be able to have access to enough heroes (assuming buildings are same level) to equip 75% of your barracks unit cap.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 12:38 pm

Yea. Good suggestions. Increases the potential revenue for the devs too. Win-Win for both.

If the barracks change was done to increase the number of units used in armies - then those things do all need adjustments. If the barracks change was intended to give us more options in our armies but maybe not much larger army sizes, then maybe the devs intended for some of those side effects to happen.

My impression was that it was a bit of both. Heroes definitely feel like they need UI improvements to make them easier to swap between units because it is easier to field multiple armies. I do feel a need for more heroes too, but I would personally prioritize easier swapping.

Repair slots feel more used now too.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Yeah, easier swapping would be fantastic as well; just need a few tweaks to comply with with consistancy of play now;

It's becoming easier to enjoy this game on a pick up and play basis, which does hold much for those who game frequently. The incorporation of the over-time setup seems to attract an older crowd which is simply fantastic. Props to the community for their excellence to match that of the Devs.

Regardless, it certainly feels like this area deserves the attention of our hard-working fun-providers - The Devs.

That kinda felt kiss-assed, and for that, I apologize.

Such terrible irony.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:34 am

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Dobraine wrote:
our hard-working fun-providers - The Devs.

Smile

Now, the units cap in an army is still 10 units, but we have increased the number of reserves since:

1) We added one extra unit and more are coming.

2) We wanted to give you more options when creating an army.

I am a bit a confused in terms of "easier swapping" of heroes. What do you mean?

Also, do you want/need MORE repair slots? lol

Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:38 am

Yes, I agree with more repair slots unlocked with gems, at least there would be something more to buy with gems

Last edited by Souless on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:05 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Also, do you want/need MORE repair slots? lol

Personally, I do. I fill that forge up anytime I play more than a few rounds because i'm running a consistant 9 or 10 units per battle all with at least 3/4 gear equipped. I've had single battles where 5 pieces need repairs, and the deeper I get into it, the lower the durability and the higher the occurancy of me having more broken gear than repair slots. 9 may seem to be plenty, but when you can run about 12 battles an hour with (an average of) 34 pieces of gear being used per battle and those pieces take from 1-2hrs to fix...it fills up and stays full witha backlog of jobs to be done.

You could always just eliminate the deteriorating item durability and have it repair to full everytime Very Happy (I won't hold my hopes out on this one ;D)
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 5:14 am

And as for easier hero swapping...TBH i'm not really sure what you could do differently. Hero swapping isn't an ideal way to outfit your units with heroes, as the heroes will likely need healing after each battle. Unless they hang out with archers.

Regardless, I think that more heroes are in order so that we may have enough to 'assign' a hero to a unit, and leave the bugger there. I, for one, gave up on calling my heroes from battle to battle some time ago as it killed my minimalized downtime between battles Sad

Much like gear swapping, I now just wait for it to be repaired then toss her back on the unit eagerly awaiting its gear back rather than putting temp pieces on and farting around with balancing my stats.

<--- Lazy twitch-gamer perspective Smile

Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08, 2013 1:53 pm

For easier hero-swapping--
Take the scenario where a player uses a primary and secondary army. He only has enough heroes to man 1 army fully. So after he fights with his primary, he sets them to heal, and wants to use his 2ndary army with the same set of heroes from the primary army. The process of switching those heroes over is rather cumbersome currently - especially for larger infantry based armies.

The suggestion--
When a player clicks on a unit's hero slot to select a hero, right now he only sees heroes that are not embedded with another unit. My suggestion would be to show heroes even if they are embedded with another unit and allow players to select those heroes. Indicate that they are currently attached to another unit with a small icon like the repair/durability icon for items. This allows us to move heroes around much quicker (no confirmations for this please).

I think many of us have named their heroes and tend to keep the same heroes with the same units based on their stats and the items we have equipped on them. For instance, I know my hero "Raef" is always attached to a HeavyINF in my primary army and my "tank" front line LINF in my 2ndary army.

If the hero is still healing, perhaps still show him in the list, but add the "blood drop" icon as well. I wouldnt think a partially healed hero should be stopped from going into battle again. These are our most courageous warriors after all. Theyre always willing to lead units into battle unless completely indisposed.

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 1:41 am

Hegorn wrote:
For easier hero-swapping--
Take the scenario where a player uses a primary and secondary army. He only has enough heroes to man 1 army fully. So after he fights with his primary, he sets them to heal, and wants to use his 2ndary army with the same set of heroes from the primary army. The process of switching those heroes over is rather cumbersome currently - especially for larger infantry based armies.

The suggestion--
When a player clicks on a unit's hero slot to select a hero, right now he only sees heroes that are not embedded with another unit. My suggestion would be to show heroes even if they are embedded with another unit and allow players to select those heroes. Indicate that they are currently attached to another unit with a small icon like the repair/durability icon for items. This allows us to move heroes around much quicker (no confirmations for this please).

I think many of us have named their heroes and tend to keep the same heroes with the same units based on their stats and the items we have equipped on them. For instance, I know my hero "Raef" is always attached to a HeavyINF in my primary army and my "tank" front line LINF in my 2ndary army.

If the hero is still healing, perhaps still show him in the list, but add the "blood drop" icon as well. I wouldnt think a partially healed hero should be stopped from going into battle again. These are our most courageous warriors after all. Theyre always willing to lead units into battle unless completely indisposed.

That was our intention. Soonish... Smile
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 4:39 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
That was our intention. Soonish... Smile
Awesome. Sorry if I missed that you guys were going to do that already.
Back to top Go down

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 14, 2013 8:48 am

*Bump*
I would also like to see more repair slots. Smile
Or lower the repairtime by >25%.
Back to top Go down
sehal123

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:59 am

make more repairing slots plz Cool lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More repair slots Empty
PostSubject: Re: More repair slots   More repair slots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More repair slots
Page 1 of 1