Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Increase capacity of resources

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
InCoRrEcT

Increase capacity of resources Empty
PostSubject: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 2:49 am

Game is based on resources.You need about one and a half hour to reach the max capacity of resources.So,a player has to press the "collect resources" button every one and a half hour (max).This is a good way to keep the players online but the game doesn't give enough time to players for their personal lives.I recommend to increase capacity of resources to about 3 hours or so.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 12:21 pm

InCoRrEcT wrote:
Game is based on resources.You need about one and a half hour to reach the max capacity of resources.So,a player has to press the "collect resources" button every one and a half hour (max).This is a good way to keep the players online but the game doesn't give enough time to players for their personal lives.I recommend to increase capacity of resources to about 3 hours or so.

Welcome InCoRrEcT to the Forums and thank you for your post!

The capacities of all resource buildings and the warehouse increase as you upgrade them. As the capacities increase with every new upgrade, so does the time needed for full capacity to be reached. To give you an example, approximately 3 hours is the time needed for a level 11 resource building to be filled.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 7:17 am

I know you want an incentive for people to buy the auto-collect, but a 100% manual resource collection might put off a lot of players who are fans of this genre, because i cant think of any game like it before that had no automated resource trickle. The best i've seen was a mix of both, resources trickle in and build up in collectible packs, both based on the buildings level. It still rewards activity, but going to sleep wont hurt as much. In that event, the current gem features are still useful.

Back to top Go down
Notelitten

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:02 am

I agree with this. At least in part, I understand that this probably is the most sought after product, and therefore is hard to remove from the game.

However, I think it could deter some players, perhaps a function that automatically empties resource buildings after 150% of the original time.

Meaning, if it takes 3 hours for them to fill up, they could empty automatically every 4h 30m. This will leave the bonus for those with gems, as well as it will make it much better for those who choose not to.
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 10:08 am

I fear it may deter players as well, since from the beginning of the genre resources have trickled in, and in the last couple of years they've been changing the formula in a few of the games (thanks FARMVILLE) to combine trickles and packages. In fact, this game seems to have much fewer AFK components, like i thought you could send heroes out on their own mini-missions. I love that you dont need to 'walk' to battles for hours, and battles arnt automated rubbish, but having mission things to occupy a hero/troops for a couple of hours would only benefit the game.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2013 6:49 pm

I'm okay with the collection so far - as long as numbers are balanced around not needing to collect every 1-2hrs and are balanced around the players who play for maybe 1-3 hours a night. The devs made improvements/changes in that regards this last patch.

Besides, collecting resources just means you get there faster, it doesnt give you more power in battle. Games evolve and mechanics from different genres mix together. Thats more often a good thing than a bad thing.

I like that all combat is player-controlled. I would not want to see automated "missions" that you send units on. I also would not want to see any kind of "auto-resolve" feature.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increase capacity of resources   Increase capacity of resources I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increase capacity of resources
Page 1 of 1