Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)

Go down 
+4
Quadq
RiseKnight
Zee94
Archer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Archer

Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) Empty
PostSubject: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:23 pm

Short request: Allow a persistant checkbox to allow players to automatically 'heal all' units after every battle (gold allowing).

Explanation: Right now after a battle people have to leave the map (page load 1) open the barracks (load 2), select heal all (load 3) close the barracks (4), go back to the world map (5). THEN Queue up for another fight.

If we have a checkbox that automatically pays for units to get healed after a match, and starts them healing. We can cut out many of those loads, which means less traffic on the server, which means better performance! This would actually be a really nice feature, maybe it could be unlocked after the 2nd or 3rd 'healing' research. (This would reduce the effect on server performance though)

A way to add a "remove heroes from all units" and "remove all equips" (one for army, one for heroes) would ALSO remove page load requests on the server!
Back to top Go down
Zee94

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 12, 2013 7:38 pm

Agreed, Battleconquest pls
Back to top Go down
RiseKnight

RiseKnight

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:33 am

not a bad idea, but auto heal just too confidence, also going to make major change for overall activity.
So that should be for gem uses than research, just like auto collect.
Back to top Go down
Quadq

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 8:13 am

I will concur that this is a very good idea. I think it was mentioned earlier....regardless, it would be nice.

However, i would lean toward gem personally (greatly reduced rate...say on the scale of 90 for 25 days, 65 for 15 days, 45 for 10 days and 25 for 5 days) Something people can afford as it is by far not the most useful feature (example: auto-collect) but a nice feature.

Not sure where to put it in the VIP section though...

In addition, would a gold reduction in healing costs be fair or unbalanced? Example, purchase the 25 days and a 12% reduction in healing cost, 7% for 15 days, 4% for 10 days and 2% for 5 days. Max 12% for those that purchase several smaller packages (under 25 days).
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

Gems for this? Seriously? That removes the point of not having 1000 people load the page 5 extra times.

It is a small convenience (taking 5 seconds, which you do only when online anyway) and no one would pay for it.

Stop and think if its something you'd pay 5 bucks for, if not, it doesn't make sense to be premium content.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:02 am

It could be an extra feature once you have vip.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:16 am

Convenience for progression is one thing to monetize.

Convenience of UI? Thats bad to monetize. That would be along the same lines of giving VIP players hotkeys for their units and non-VIPs have to click.

Last edited by Hegorn on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:24 am

I made the suggestion in a previous thread that some of the "end of battle maintenance" should be done at the end-of-battle scoreboard - perhaps in a new tab.

Right as the battle ends, you would see your gold earnings, healing costs, total profit and have a button to heal each unit and a button to heal all.

Also wanted to see a list of any items that broke that battle. Would be good to have an option to send them for repairs too.

That way all the battle maintenance is done in one convenient UI.
Back to top Go down
Quadq

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:32 am

That is a good idea about end of battle "maintenance" Repairs can be done, heal all etc without going to other screens.

In addition, that is good point about VIP getting hot keys vs non-VIP and comparing it the heal-all. I just figured it was a convience like auto-collect (auto-heal...) but I admit it does seem logical.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 11:38 am

Hegorn wrote:
I made the suggestion in a previous thread that some of the "end of battle maintenance" should be done at the end-of-battle scoreboard - perhaps in a new tab.

Right as the battle ends, you would see your gold earnings, healing costs, total profit and have a button to heal each unit and a button to heal all.

Also wanted to see a list of any items that broke that battle. Would be good to have an option to send them for repairs too.

That way all the battle maintenance is done in one convenient UI.

I'd love all that.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 12:41 pm

I would love an automatic unequip after the last battle ended, not as a VIP only feature but as a general feature to slow down lag and reduce server requests. Every unequip action is a request to the server and it increases lag when the population is really high like the one we are facing with the game community growing right now
Back to top Go down
RiseKnight

RiseKnight

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 3:04 pm

Archer wrote:
Gems for this? Seriously? That removes the point of not having 1000 people load the page 5 extra times.

It is a small convenience (taking 5 seconds, which you do only when online anyway) and no one would pay for it.

Stop and think if its something you'd pay 5 bucks for, if not, it doesn't make sense to be premium content.

its not like I using gem or any (except 100 gem for starter), just thinking overall instead my own opinion (yeah who hates auto heal)
because that 5 seconds quite convenience, that's why.
thus auto collect also on VIP stuff.
auto heal gonna be major advantage especially only for old players if that happen on research.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)   Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auto-Heal option (helps server load too!)
Page 1 of 1