Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Units "wear" stuff they have equipped

Go down 
+2
Mephy
Eagle43
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eagle43

Units "wear" stuff they have equipped Empty
PostSubject: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:28 am

I think that units should change their appearance to what they have equipped, e.g. if you gave a unit some plate armor, they would appear in battle wearing the plate armour, or if you gave them a banner, the banner that hovers above the unit would look like the banner they have equipped, if the unit had a sword they would appear holding a sword etc. not sure how it would be possible to do artifacts though.
Back to top Go down
Mephy

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:48 am

Too much work for too little effect? If any artistic update is going to happen, I would rather remodel the units other than putting equipment in their models. Its nice, sure, but not worth the time IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sir Jakh

Sir Jakh

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 6:50 am

Hi Eagle,

And with all the respect, you seem not to know what it represents in terms of graphics. If the graphic designers should adapt all the races and their entire units with all the weapons, banners, armors and artifact that can be possibly cafted according to all combinations of frags... Add the animation work on this, it would take years Shocked
It's not easy at all...
Back to top Go down
Eagle43

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 8:57 am

ok yh bad idea
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Maybe not have a version for every piece equipment you can have, but general things would be nice.

Like equip any hammer and the troops get the same hammer. equip any shield and your guys get the guys get same shield.. and maybe as the the rarity increases the items look better then their predecessors.
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:17 am

Guys, coding and adding new things is a matter of triage/priority. They only have so many programmers available. So would you prefer those people work on guild warfare, pvp balance and interface improvements.... or pretty fancy artwork?

Personally, I say artwork should be the LAST thing upgraded.... after ALL bugs/features have been completed.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2013 5:22 am

We have to admit that Battle conquest is not a beautiful game.

But as Athose said, when every bug will be corrected and new features will be added, next step will be to improve graphics.

I don't think it's really needed, after all, it's a strategic game, and war is not about fanciness... Anyway, new unit's already have better graphics imo. And that's a good step.

suggestion about wearing equip may be good but can lead to weird situation, ie : 2-handler human heavy infantry wear a shield.
Back to top Go down
Wolfshield

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 pm

well I be lying if I know much about how coding a game and how difficult it is. But it should be relativity simple job to take the skin from heavy infantry and using the light infantry motion (at least for the human units). of course this kinda thing should be really far down the line for development and should be done after guild warfare and the mysterious third faction are done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Units "wear" stuff they have equipped   Units "wear" stuff they have equipped I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Units "wear" stuff they have equipped
Page 1 of 1