Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Actual Numeric values for zone control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
athose

Actual Numeric values for zone control Empty
PostSubject: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 11:54 pm

Ok, the horribly ambiguous zone control slider needs some help. I, and 3 of my guildmates, spent like 7 hours yesterday pushing in a certain zone and the control didn't even change by 1%. I understand that darkies may have been pushing the same area at the same rate. But the confusing thing is that all of our standings increased (all within the top 3-11ish range for the zone) so there would've had to have been a lot of smaller contributions from more darkies in order to balance out so perfectly.

I've also noticed some zones that just SERIOUSLY swing for no apparent reason. None of the guilds are actively pushing there; the top 3 slots are held by the opposite faction that seems to be winning, my personal rank standing in that zone doesn't change (so I can tell there aren't half a dozen other people pushing there a lot), whatever.

Anyway, having an actual numerical total of CPs in that zone would be nice. If for no other reason than for us players to be sure there aren't bugs going on.

If you completely shoot this down, perhaps you could explain how region conquest REALLY works, such as the decay that you've mentioned but never explained. I don't actually expect either of these to happen, devs think that the how-tos of a VERY CORE game mechanic shouldn't be explained, due to 'transparency' issues (which is a bullshot reason, if something that should be straightforward, ISN"T straightforward, there needs to be an explanation).

I just feel like zone control is less about how much t gets pushed, and based more on the twisted cravings of a stoned monkey that got drunk off of fermented banana juice.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 1:20 am

I totally support this suggestion.

Overall, a strategic game need a great transparency. Every hidden stat is a bad design imo.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:00 am

This matter has been discussed in other threads, but I will gladly try to explain once again.

First of all, a Region changes hands when a Faction has 70% or more at the end of a Conquest Cycle.

More details about the Regions:

1) Region 48 and all regions below it have 65% of the normal Regional Container of CPs and therefore are easier to be conquered than other regions.

2) Regions 54 and 42, as well as all the regions below them have 75% of the normal Regional Container of CPs and are slightly easier to be conquered than other regions.

3) Regions adjacent to a capital have double the normal Regional Container of CPs and therefore are harder to be conquered than other regions.

The value of Regional Containers changes once per week and depends on the active users from both Factions. As you can understand, this could not be a static value as the game grows, so it is dynamically calculated and is valid FOR ALL regions, Light and Dark.

CPs are gained when a player wins a battle in Normal, Hard, CO-OP, Nightmare and PvP. The harder the difficulty of a battle, the more units the player brings on the battlefield and the more APs he fields, the more the CPs awarded. PvP awards the most CPs.

Quote :
I just feel like zone control is less about how much t gets pushed, and based more on the twisted cravings of a stoned monkey that got drunk off of fermented banana juice.

No drunken monkeys here. Smile
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 2:50 am

Those things have been mentioned before, and I thank you for that information.

The things that aren't clear are how light/dark CPs compete, or decay, or what happens during a CP reset of a zone.

Lets say there's a 1000 container this week (which would be nice to know each week, it be contained in the weekly game updates... or just included in part of the new GUI you're implementing) The lights have 600 pts, and the dark have 400 pts. A lighty earns 20 CP. Do the lights now have 620 pts? or do they have to 'remove' a dark point before they can add a light point? Which would make the new totals 390 and 610?

How often/what rate do CPs decay? Many quests for 'defending' zones happen WAY behind the lines. Are the CPs we earn in those matches gone before they're ever likely to be used? I'd like to know, it will change my gameplay. If they're gone a day later I'll just send 1 or 2 units to do those quests so there isn't much of a healing time. That way I can send a larger army into the war effort.

If a side has more than the necessary pts to take a region, what happens when the region flips?
EG--Lightside has 840 pts at the end of the reset period in the above example. that's 140 extra points. The zone becomes light-side, do they still have 840 points in that zone? or does some of it decay upon flipping?

But still, I think having an actual numerical counter for the zones would be nice. More information is always a good thing in a strategy game. Actually, speaking of more information--A counter that says how many CP each side has earned in a zone in the current cycle would be fantastic!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 4:01 am

1) There was a CPs decay system a long time ago, but we removed it a loooong time ago. There are thoughts about adding it again and if we do that then the community will of course be informed about it.

2) There is no CP reset of a Region. The CPs remain the same when a Region changes ownership. What you perceive as a "CP reset" is only the Rankings in "Top Contributors" in each region, but we will change that as well so as to show "All time Contributors" in a Region.

Quote :
Lets say there's a 1000 container this week (which would be nice to know each week, it be contained in the weekly game updates... or just included in part of the new GUI you're implementing) The lights have 600 pts, and the dark have 400 pts. A lighty earns 20 CP. Do the lights now have 620 pts? or do they have to 'remove' a dark point before they can add a light point? Which would make the new totals 390 and 610?

Let us assume that a Regional container has 1000 CPs 600 CPs Light and 400 CPs Dark and a Light player gains 20 CPs in that region, then the new CPs will be: 620 CPs Light and 380 CPs Dark.

Quote :
If a side has more than the necessary pts to take a region, what happens when the region flips?
EG--Lightside has 840 pts at the end of the reset period in the above example. that's 140 extra points. The zone becomes light-side, do they still have 840 points in that zone? or does some of it decay upon flipping?

As mentioned above, the CPs remain and there is currently no decay.

Quote :
But still, I think having an actual numerical counter for the zones would be nice. More information is always a good thing in a strategy game. Actually, speaking of more information--A counter that says how many CP each side has earned in a zone in the current cycle would be fantastic!

We'll see what we can do. Wink
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 5:56 am

Thanks for the clarifications Rune.

To share some numbers I collected a few days ago - I did a rough estimation of the "base 100%" container size for the Lightside. It turned out to be just about 10000 CP.

I used a very quiet region in a safe area of the map that had low top3 CP numbers(< 30CP). I then poured CPs into it as quickly as I could to minimize the risk of someone else adding CPs as well. The end result was that 202CP moved the percentage control by 2%.

Rough numbers, but it gives us a sense of the scale for the CP container sizes - 10k.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 6:08 am

Hegorn wrote:
Thanks for the clarifications Rune.

To share some numbers I collected a few days ago - I did a rough estimation of the "base 100%" container size for the Lightside. It turned out to be just about 10000 CP.

I used a very quiet region in a safe area of the map that had low top3 CP numbers(< 30CP). I then poured CPs into it as quickly as I could to minimize the risk of someone else adding CPs as well. The end result was that 202CP moved the percentage control by 2%.

Rough numbers, but it gives us a sense of the scale for the CP container sizes - 10k.

"claps" Spot on!
Back to top Go down
athose

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 9:56 am

Thanks for the clarifications =D
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2013 3:02 pm

Np! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Actual Numeric values for zone control   Actual Numeric values for zone control I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Actual Numeric values for zone control
Page 1 of 1