Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should FoW removed from PvE?

Go down 
+8
Johntheright
Rexxxar
Ulfriden
Pulkit
Metalsiagon
Boboknack
Juggernaut
12 posters

Yes
Should FoW removed from PvE? I_vote_lcap48%Should FoW removed from PvE? I_vote_rcap
 48% [ 11 ]
No
Should FoW removed from PvE? I_vote_lcap52%Should FoW removed from PvE? I_vote_rcap
 52% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 23

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Should FoW removed from PvE? Empty
PostSubject: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 10:12 am

As the AI is (still) not affected from FoW, i suggest to deactivate it from PvE.

What do you think?

[5 day poll]
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 11:05 am

The bad thing will be that arty will be able to shoot without a scout again, but I think it should be removed because it don't give any tactical ability to the player, I like FoW but is totally useless is the AI know the exactly position of every player unit in the map because cannot do ambushes, flank or hit arty because enemy always know player position and send units there to take down any flanker, ambusher or arty killer
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 1:40 pm

FoW has brought nothing new to the game other than some extra lags for the ones that are unlucky enough to be playing with an outdated pc. I still play the game exactly like I would have done without FoW. Use obstacles to avoid enemy archers and artillery et cetera. At this point FoW is just another pain in the butt that prolongs battles an extra 20 seconds because a piece of light artillery decides to play hide and seek.

I don't PvP, but I'm sure it added an element to that battle form!(Great for campers!)

Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2014 8:57 pm

FoW has a place, whether or not it is a standard option remains to be seen.

As it stands now, there is not an extra lag effect as far as performance goes. That is on the individual users internet connection and graphics card support. With FoW not all units are visible at once, if anything decreasing the load.

I personally would like to see FoW as an added boost option to current PvE battles, meaning that by selecting FoW as active you get more CP's per battle than without.
Back to top Go down
Pulkit

Pulkit

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 am

One addition is needed . If there is a small regiment you are sending , it should be invisible to the enemy AI. that is : if a unit has no other unit in a certain area around it (or it is moving alone) , enemy AI shouldnt be able to see it.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:04 am

A veteran player knows already how to manage the FoW.

A lame player remains lame with or without it.

A new one can choose if he will grow strong or he will be lame forever.

So, no reason to delete it.

I vote to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Rexxxar

Rexxxar

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:12 am

I concur with Ulfriden.

I vote to keep it.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 8:45 am

Then at least increase the LOS of units. For example : my cav or scouting LI can't see a thing coming, no single enemy visible. Then suddenly, AI kicks in with arti and arrows while I still see no enemy units. Methinks, men on horseback don't really have less sight on the battlefield as archers do ?
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 9:54 am

There was talk about making LoS a stat that appears in gear along the lines of the movement stat. I'm not sure what happened to that though.
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 12:07 pm

As much as I would love to bring 6 bolts and 4 archers to suicides again (lol!), I voted no, keep FOW in PVE.
Back to top Go down
Owen2007

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 4:44 pm

I think the real issue as pointed out by 9's is that AI doesn't play with FOW. It seems devs should implement FOW for the AI (probably too difficult) or make FOW optional for PVE. Those left in the game who dislike AI are looking for a level playing field in PVE.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 7:52 pm

Owen2007 wrote:
AI doesn't play with FOW.

100% my issue

If you're going into Insanes / Suicides, you're already outmatched by the AI. The FoW is giving them yet another advantage, which is annoying.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 12:16 am

I do like the fow.
I agree that the visible range is pitiful and makes no logical sense.
I find archers should not shoot farther than they see.
I find cavalry should have a slightly better view.

But what we actually see is some placeholder for a much bigger unit that has much smaller size. Proportions of troops towards environment are twisted, what makes the fow and view so bizarre and hard to comprehend.
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 am

Johntheright wrote:
Then at least increase the LOS of units. For example : my cav or scouting LI can't see a thing coming, no single enemy visible. Then suddenly, AI kicks in with arti and arrows while I still see no enemy units. Methinks, men on horseback don't really have less sight on the battlefield as archers do ?

+ 1  sunny 

Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 1:18 pm

John I suggest to solve that problem of units shooting while they are hidden in FoW what about make visible enemy units while they are shooting and not are on LoS both arty and archers or at least archers, like in age of empire when a archer or catapult shoot your soldiers when he is hidden in FoW he appear for a momment while he is shooting but when he stop shooting and is out of LoS he got hide again.
Back to top Go down
Johntheright

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Juggernaut wrote:
John I suggest to solve that problem of units shooting while they are hidden in FoW what about make visible enemy units while they are shooting and not are on LoS both arty and archers or at least archers, like in age of empire when a archer or catapult shoot your soldiers when he is hidden in FoW he appear for a momment while he is shooting but when he stop shooting and is out of LoS he got hide again.

Thought of that many times during missions. I definitely think that would help, though the LOS needs to be adjusted as well. Your solution would be helpful in the cases when you are fighting units on the map and meanwhile new enemies arrive, including archers. They are able to shoot at your pinned-down troops from the FoW. Your archers stand idle, they can't do anything (except enter the fray and do some melee). Sometimes 3-5 enemy archers waste you from the FoW. If this solution would be there, things may end different. As long as the enemy sees your unit(s) and attacks them, the enemy should become visible on the battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should FoW removed from PvE?   Should FoW removed from PvE? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1