Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

pvp should show AP's

Go down 
+3
RuneSlayer
Khor
pug
7 posters
AuthorMessage
pug

pvp should show AP's Empty
PostSubject: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:40 am

there is a serious problem with pvp. it's almost impossible for me to get a battle. this is due to the fact i can't see there AP's. i've tried setting different AP's but doesn't help. could it be possible to set it so we can see challengers AP's. a hover over will do. i have 2 quests and 3 pvp's to do and the time is running down as i have been trying for 3 hours. thanx

for now i have decided not to do pvp as i can't get a battle. i've tried all day. yesterday was the same.

please sort it asap thanx again

Last edited by pug on Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 8:44 am

I'm wondering if it shows ALLIES que'd for pvp as well as enemies. The difference in AP isnt as much of an issue because the game assigns mercenaries to compensate for the difference. Sometimes it works.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:04 am

It is a known issue, as it makes PvPing very difficult. What we are considering to do is add a Lobby, just for PvP, where you will be able to see the race and the APs of the army which is in queue.

This will lead to hotseats where people will be able to watch a PvP between other players....faaaar in the future...
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:06 am

Spectator mode \o/ That would be great, why cant i find any VIDEOS of this game on youtube? Someone with a good mic, voice, and personality needs to record some PvP games and get'em on youtube. Its a big thing right now !
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:07 am

Be our guest... Smile
Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:09 am

No software for it =/ and it'd only be easy to do with a spectator mode. I also thought there are some kind of rules to making videos and posting them, since i couldnt find ANY, figured you didnt want content advertised as it is yet.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 9:47 am

I think the two big deterrents to people PvPing are:
- Heavy losses XP and gold for units dying in PvP. More so the XP losses.
- The publicly visible PvP win rate. People are afraid that if they do badly, they will look bad to everyone.

I've suggested changes about the losses in other threads, but perhaps the leaderboard should be changed as well. Perhaps a toggle to show PvP win rates. Something that lets people just PvP without feeling so much pressure.

Back to top Go down
Khor

Khor

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 10:23 am

Hegorn wrote:
I think the two big deterrents to people PvPing are:
- Heavy losses XP and gold for units dying in PvP. More so the XP losses.
- The publicly visible PvP win rate. People are afraid that if they do badly, they will look bad to everyone.

I've suggested changes about the losses in other threads, but perhaps the leaderboard should be changed as well. Perhaps a toggle to show PvP win rates. Something that lets people just PvP without feeling so much pressure.

Absolutely both of these. Win/Loss should be abolished in all but Guild Wars and possibly ranked matches (dont look at me like that, im at 70% >_>)

Guild Wars 2 did an interesting thing in World vs World where is was completely anonymous, and it really felt much more relaxing, you were just fighting nameless enemies, being killed by nameless enemies. Do we need to see who we are pugging against ?
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:01 am

Khor wrote:
Absolutely both of these. Win/Loss should be abolished in all but Guild Wars and possibly ranked matches (dont look at me like that, im at 70% >_>)

Guild Wars 2 did an interesting thing in World vs World where is was completely anonymous, and it really felt much more relaxing, you were just fighting nameless enemies, being killed by nameless enemies. Do we need to see who we are pugging against ?
I like that we can see who we are fighting - partly because that adds to the metagame. You fight various people enough and you start to learn how they behave and think on the battlefield. Know your enemy!

Also, I think the PvP community so far has been pretty amiable. It hasnt been hostile from what I've seen. People offer tips and discuss tactics afterwards.
Back to top Go down
konsnos

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Khor wrote:
No software for it =/
Anybody knows any good software there?
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 2:17 pm

konsnos wrote:
Khor wrote:
No software for it =/
Anybody knows any good software there?

Camtasia is what I use. I have it......... on the other machine at the other house with no internet.... Sad
Back to top Go down
konsnos

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:52 am

CycLonite wrote:
Camtasia is what I use. I have it......... on the other machine at the other house with no internet.... Sad

Is Trial enough?
Back to top Go down
Jervaj

Jervaj

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 3:12 am

I think that the exp loss thing is the most important right now.

Now only top players play or for quests. Even with rewards been bigger, the losses on exp and healing make PVP not "profitable"

I think that the removal of exp loss on PVP or drastically reducing it is a must for PVP start going. Then when we have a nice amount of PVP matches it would be easier to find and solve problems. In fact having more players pvpeing already solves some problems
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: pvp should show AP's   pvp should show AP's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

pvp should show AP's
Page 1 of 1