Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Adjustments to titles and achievements

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tops

Adjustments to titles and achievements Empty
PostSubject: Adjustments to titles and achievements   Adjustments to titles and achievements I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 1:34 pm

Right now, the requirements for many of the titles are extremely redundant, to say the least.

Emperor is one of the best examples of this issue, as I've noticed while trying to earn said title. The requirements are, as listed:

#1: 300 building upgrades
#2: 1st level 25 building
#3: 5 level 25 buildings
#4: All resource buildings level 20
#5: All crafting buildings level 20
#6: Barracks level 20
#7: Laboratory level 20

So, to point out the obvious issue first, requirement #3 is physically impossible to get without requirement #2. It would be more logical to put requirement #2 in a lower leveled title for city management, or erase it altogether.

But, let's look at the less obvious: it's physically impossible to have requirement #1 without having every single other requirement. I'm 51 upgrades short of having the Emperor title. I'm 53 upgrades short of having every single upgrade. In short, this means that I will have at minimum 11 buildings at level 25, and every single building above level 20. By setting the bar this high for achievement #1, you've effectively negated any point in having any of the other requirements.

This kind of thing is present in many other titles and achievements. In one city building title, you are required to have both 100 and 150 building upgrades, despite the fact that the second negates the first. Others, like the war titles, have strange requirements like however many hard level wins when it already requires that exact same amount of Nightmare level wins. I'm not sure if a win on nightmare counts as both, but if it does then it's pointless to include both and if it doesn't then it's forcing people to play on easier difficulties than they originally would for no reason.

I propose a new tree-based system, with rewards for each achievement that you can claim at any time. Instead of making the titles rewarded based on certain achievements, award them based on number of achievements. And reward higher amounts of resources for ridiculously hard achievements, such as the 300+ upgrades one. Otherwise, it's pretty much pointless for people to even get said titles, as it requires upgrading buildings that are entirely useless to them.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Adjustments to titles and achievements   Adjustments to titles and achievements I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 12:24 am

Tops wrote:
So, to point out the obvious issue first, requirement #3 is physically impossible to get without requirement #2. It would be more logical to put requirement #2 in a lower leveled title for city management, or erase it altogether.

It's about achieving, not about impossibility/sequence/redundancy.. Or you'd want just 5 achievements or so - '1k items crafted', 'all buildings lvl 25', '1k battles done'..?
It's nice to be recognized for the 1st lvl 25 building or something, but one such building isn't enough either... and lvl 25 (max) shouldn't qualify for earlier achievements.

Also this whole adjustment idea.. Titles aren't that important to gameplay, they should be made it so that people would spend extra effort or time to get them.
You want crafting achievements - most likely it's gonna be either common items which are broken right away, or crafting crap for guild. You want titan achievement - losing in pvp a lot, and grinding normal battles. It's supposed to be hard and less than profitable, otherwise everyone would have those titles, it's boring.

New titles/achievements would be nice though.

(oh and it's possible to get all achievements even with the current system. If it works even now, why does it need changes?)
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Adjustments to titles and achievements   Adjustments to titles and achievements I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2014 7:32 am

Fyrr wrote:
(oh and it's possible to get all achievements even with the current system. If it works even now, why does it need changes?)

Because IMO there's a huge difference between "it works" and "it's useful"

Titles don't really mean a lot at the moment anyways, the only reasons anyone actually goes through the grindfests to get some of them are that they're bored and want something to do, normally. Giving the individual achievements usable rewards would make the repetitive achievements worthwhile.

With the current system, the reward for achievements is the title and a sense of accomplishment, neither very useful. Because of that, the whole "these achievements require the same thing" deal is extremely pointless. It's nice to be recognized, but many people just click out of the box (in my case, not even caring enough to read it) and do whatever else it is they intended to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adjustments to titles and achievements   Adjustments to titles and achievements I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adjustments to titles and achievements
Page 1 of 1