Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible solution for archers OPness

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

Possible solution for archers OPness Empty
PostSubject: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:00 pm

I think caps of archers are ok as they are, but I wish make they more gear dependant like all other units, I would like is devs add missile str as a stat, I think archers base missile strengh should be nerfed between 20-30 and cap between 55-75, basic missile and cap its ok, range can be reduced a little too in base but keep or increase the actually cap.

I am not sure of what is the true solution to eliminate this robin hoob conquest from pvp where people bring like 70% ranged/arty units hides and camp like snipers in call of duty and battlefield and wins the battle without have touched their enemy having same ap

With what I suggested I want archers keep the same power they have but only is they are well geared like all other units and make naked archers pretty useless like all other non-arty units when naked, the objetive is: increase their ap by forcing people to gear well they and archers will be powerful as they are but only well geared (its absurd how a GL weapon for ranged can overcap their missile, stengh and range without using banners and artifacts and all other units at least need a great GL weapon and artifact to have chance to cap their offensive stats), make naked archers deal less damage and be powerless in seriusly battles, with higther ap reduce number of deadly arrows in pvp to dont make this a shooting based game.
Back to top Go down
venumuse

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2014 7:32 pm

Ulises21 wrote:
I am not sure of what is the true solution to eliminate this robin hoob conquest from pvp where people bring like 70% ranged/arty units hides and camp like snipers in call of duty and battlefield and wins the battle without have touched their enemy having same ap

I don't know what you think snipers are supposed to do in real combat? You think they run around and quick scope people? Of course archers and snipers are supposed to stay in the back and wait. This game is nothing like Call of Duty. Using 70% and 30% hi is a fair tactic to this game. I don't understand why a tactic should be taken out of the game because you think it is unfair. There is plenty of ways to beat that tactic. Just need to adjust to different battle scenarios. Every tactic has a weakness. No point in removing a tactic just because one is better than some of the others.
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:07 am

Archers don't need a nerf, otherwise it would be too bad...
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:28 pm

venumuse wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

I don't know what you think snipers are supposed to do in real combat? You think they run around and quick scope people? Of course archers and snipers are supposed to stay in the back and wait. This game is nothing like Call of Duty. Using 70% and 30% hi is a fair tactic to this game. I don't understand why a tactic should be taken out of the game because you think it is unfair. There is plenty of ways to beat that tactic. Just need to adjust to different battle scenarios. Every tactic has a weakness. No point in removing a tactic just because one is better than some of the others.

But losing most time to that tactic dont matter what you bring or you do is really annoying and frustating for every pvp, dark archers and arty is good but they cant kill the opponent so fast as non-dwarf ligthies can, its so boring turn battles in ranged battles and lose anyway because dark ranged units are inferior
and trying melee dont work because GL HI can be halved and flee in seconds and LIA get evaporated and cav should work is they cost less ap, how I tell you winning to that only can happen is your opponent have lower quality gear or is enough dumb to get surrounded or is he/she send a scout and you kill the scout to get more ap then hide and never see enemy until time round out

Before already was enough hard to win anyone who have better gear than you but players with full GL sets using these tactics against players with crap gear just overkill your last chances I am not saying nerf archers power, just force people to gear they to waste more ap and bring less of they in pvp or at least make they cost the ap that they deserve is they are capable of half a GL LIA in 2 volleys using rares and epics
Back to top Go down
Vmomo

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 12:38 am

Ulises21 wrote:
venumuse wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

But losing most time to that tactic dont matter what you bring or you do is really annoying and frustating for every pvp, dark archers and arty is good but they cant kill the opponent so fast as non-dwarf ligthies can, its so boring turn battles in ranged battles and lose anyway because dark ranged units are inferior
and trying melee dont work because GL HI can be halved and flee in seconds and LIA get evaporated and cav should work is they cost less ap, how I tell you winning to that only can happen is your opponent have lower quality gear or is enough dumb to get surrounded or is he/she send a scout and you kill the scout to get more ap then hide and never see enemy until time round out

Before already was enough hard to win anyone who have better gear than you but players with full GL sets using these tactics against players with crap gear just overkill your last chances I am not saying nerf archers power, just force people to gear they to waste more ap and bring less of they in pvp or at least make they cost the ap that they deserve is they are capable of half a GL LIA in 2 volleys using rares and epics

I don't find dark arti inferior, at least vs archers, they are really annoying in pve...
Right now i don't bring great units, i use one or two HIs, and no cannons...
Back to top Go down
Boboknack

Boboknack

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 9:57 am

Ulises21 wrote:
I think caps of archers are ok as they are, but I wish make they more gear dependant like all other units, I would like is devs add missile str as a stat, I think archers base missile strengh should be nerfed between 20-30 and cap between 55-75, basic missile and cap its ok, range can be reduced a little too in base but keep or increase the actually cap.

With what I suggested I want archers keep the same power they have but only is they are well geared like all other units and make naked archers pretty useless like all other non-arty units when naked, the objetive is: increase their ap by forcing people to gear well they and archers will be powerful as they are but only well geared (its absurd how a GL weapon for ranged can overcap their missile, stengh and range without using banners and artifacts and all other units at least need a great GL weapon and artifact to have chance to cap their offensive stats), make naked archers deal less damage and be powerless in seriusly battles, with higther ap reduce number of deadly arrows in pvp to dont make this a shooting based game.

The only solution if you are dissatisfied is getting the attention of the dev's(You've done that or tried with this post!) or by staying away from the PvP queue.

The mere fact that a majority of players aren't to be found in the PvP queue should be worrying enough for the dev's to try to do something about it, if not? simply vote with your feet! pirat 
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2014 2:55 pm

Boboknack wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

The only solution if you are dissatisfied is getting the attention of the dev's(You've done that or tried with this post!) or by staying away from the PvP queue.

The mere fact that a majority of players aren't to be found in the PvP queue should be worrying enough for the dev's to try to do something about it, if not? simply vote with your feet! pirat 

After I get arty I will try many tactics to see how beat campers but isnt fun for me lose or win without touching the enemy and about devs plan I just hope that they dont add prestige for figthing against people of your same faction and before add prestige they add first something at least to HI and CAV to dont die so easily to archers especially CAV like improve armor or endurance rolls against ranged non-arty attacks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible solution for archers OPness   Possible solution for archers OPness I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for archers OPness
Page 1 of 1