Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The effectiveness of ranged

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Claudandus

Claudandus

The effectiveness of ranged Empty
PostSubject: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 4:55 am

There are several things that have been piling up lately and dont make sense at all.
The effectiveness of archers against cav. Archers kill 4 horse cav capped (as i hear elves, orcs and dwarves experience the same though i myself find them to be somehow more immune to my ranged in PVE) faster than they kill naked LI. Hell even my strongest hero gets mowed down by arrows so fast that I could cry.

The ignorance of light arti. It simply does not care what it is shooting at, whether it is capped HI, fully geared heroes or naked LIA it deals the same dmg. Im not exactly happy about that, since dark arti is utterly useless and could shoot 100 times at capped hi and not deal the same dmg as light arti does within 5 rounds. I didn't mind it that much without FoW but now light arti is a brilliant strategical device, I sure would like to have.
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:02 am

Then join the Lightside!!!
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:17 am

lol, you (uDs) finally started losing few battle and now everything else needs a nerf, ok...  scratch 

Dark arti still got a 35+%ish buff in area splash, useful for selective impact area.
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:29 am

Bblazer wrote:
lol, you (uDs) finally started losing few battle and now everything else needs a nerf, ok...  scratch 

Dark arti still got a 35+%ish buff in area splash, useful for selective impact area.

I invite you to use dark arti in pvp, how effective do you think it is against an all melee army. It is not about losing. It is about ridiculous things like archers killing heros with endurance and armor close to 100 at ease and killing capped cav faster than naked LI. And light arti not even doing a little less damage when shooting capped units.
Does that sound reasonable to you?
Besides, all archers are too strong against cavs now not only light archers.
Im not talking about those things cause they mess with my PVP setup, cause usually I'm the one shooting cav down with archers.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:53 am

Yet hate archers a lot, now AI do camping a lot too in nightmare I give here a fail try to get enemy arty using LIA like CAV and when I find arty see what happen... xD

http://prntscr.com/3772q4

Last edited by Ulises21 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 5:56 am

ranged units before were capable to kill 4 LIA in a single shot, now only with 2 volleys they are capable of half kill a entire LIA unit¡¡¡¡ and kill 2 HI per shot very easily like endurance and armor doesnt exist
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:01 am

Gimli wrote:

Look like the guy here dont do pvp... no darkies no enemies to face for you my friend...
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:06 am

Claudandus wrote:
Bblazer wrote:

I invite you to use dark arti in pvp, how effective do you think it is against an all melee army. It is not about losing. It is about ridiculous things like archers killing heros with endurance and armor close to 100 at ease and killing capped cav faster than naked LI. And light arti not even doing a little less damage when shooting capped units.
Does that sound reasonable to you?
Besides, all archers are too strong against cavs now not only light archers.
Im not talking about those things cause they mess with my PVP setup, cause usually I'm the one shooting cav down with archers.

Nobody uses an all melee army, anymore, maybe except new dwarfs (but some maybe bring arti), that means dark arti is always useful.

Dark arti is not meant to kill HI, but rather archers lia/li archers and other artillery.

Just go all melee, nobody forced you to use it all the time.

Not just my cava, but everything else esp gl li can die super fast to orc archers esp, but ud also kicks in too hard, dl is a bit far from the rest but still good.

-A good deal is to make faster units dodge more arrows compared to slower ones, this makes most sense. So movement now can affect units as X% of dodge vs range. (movement items should also help)
Ultimately this leaves HI and arti most vulnerable to ranged things.

I have artillery and its also pretty much useless without scouting(human is even worst as it lost its most powerful standing, 110 range from fow), and elf arti misses too much, low acc, hence less dmg compare to the rest but slightly faster, but vs swarms i like it more (UD) cause normally they come closer to me with lots of units near each other so low acc can be compensated for since it might hit the unit to the left or right of the one i selected so not that much of a disadvantage as well as faster = better in close range.

Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:13 am

Ulises21 wrote:
Yet hate archers a lot, now AI do camping a lot too in nightmare I give here a fail try to get enemy arty using LIA like CAV and when I find arty see what happen... xD

this is how you take out light arti, hum how about cava, and how about going around not infront.... how about getting a quick info with lia and then wipe out using dark arti area hit.... and besides, they cant shoot over, and sometimes this happens to me with cava, 4 archers just fire once make my cava flee, or die or flee once i hit arti, otherway 1 cava is always kamikaze.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:21 am

Good idea about the movement speed affect hit chance, but only when moving¡, but I still rather reduce archers basic strenght 45 to 30 and add it like a stat, and weapons research dont give they melee bonus, they should receive that melee bonus in missile (+3 missile per weapon research) to arty too, and strenght items now give missile strengh instant of melee strenght, with that way archers will allways have 15 melee and strenght, and can increase the missle strenght to their weak shoots, I dont like how archers have +15 basic strenght than melee units giving they a seriusly armour piercing capacity and ignore endurance ability, and they dealing much more damage than melee units like CAV LIA and HI, my LIA is capable of killing like 2 LIA/LI per round enraged having like 100 strenght and my archers can kill 3-4 of they in every shot... it sounds absurd

PD: when leveling up archers have a chance of get +3 missile strenght too
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:28 am

Ulises21 wrote:
Gimli wrote:

Look like the guy here dont do pvp... no darkies no enemies to face for you my friend...

I pvp alot. (mostly vs lightside but i still get a good many darkies into my schedule.).
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:29 am

Killing light arti with dark arti has always been a big gamble. Dark arti can shoot ten times and not land a single hit. Elven arti in AI handling is especially hard to kill since it is always surrounded by a lot of other units.

You dont need to explain to me for what dark arti is for. I used it a lot and I know what units it can kill and what units it cant.
Since FoW the fragile balance of light and dark arti  is gone. Dark arti is too inaccurate and does little to no damage and most darkies need to stop shooting once the engagement has started, cause light units have higher armor. And especially for UD friendly fire (archers and arti) is suicide due to the morale loss multiplier and LoC.

Lights in general can use their range a lot more carelessly when facing darkies. Especially dwarves can use their range without a second thought on shooting their own men.

It's best to ignore dark arti, it is suicide to do the same with light arti.
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2014 6:55 am

Bblazer wrote:
Ulises21 wrote:

this is how you take out light arti, hum how about cava, and how about going around not infront.... how about getting a quick info with lia and then wipe out using dark arti area hit....  and besides, they cant shoot over, and sometimes this happens to me with cava, 4 archers just fire once make my cava flee, or die or flee once i hit arti, otherway 1 cava is always kamikaze.

You know I dont have unlocked arti and CAV yet, I tried to get it with LIA because its my faster unit, and with camping archers and a serius defence around arti it make impossible for me to kill arti, I need to kill all other enemies first and get f@/*#d by enemy arti until I have finished on killing all other enemies, and dont bother with cover because you know is impossible take cover for new volume and dont allways appear good places to take cover in dark lines (up side)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The effectiveness of ranged   The effectiveness of ranged I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The effectiveness of ranged
Page 1 of 1