Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

True arty/ranged reaction

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

True arty/ranged reaction Empty
PostSubject: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
Fyrr wrote:
Rune wrote:
ii) Reaction (how fast they shoot)

this.. Most units have 9 reaction already, don't increase it further...

9 Reaction is their Melee Reaction, not the Missile Reaction. Missile Reaction is 3 times the Melee Reaction of a unit. If they hit every 9 ticks, then Battle Conquest should be renamed to "Robin Hood".

I make this post to teach players that don't know what is the true archers reaction, the reaction that you can see in stats is their melee reaction how Runeslayer said.

Then to find the true archers missile reaction the only thing you need do is multiply *3 their melee reaction showed in stats and there are the following reactions for each race.

Elven arty= 24 (because their melee is 8 that mean that their missile reaction is 24 because 8*3=24)
Arty all others= 30. (because their melee is 10 then that mean that their missile reaction is 30 because 10*3=30)
Elven archer=24. (their melee is 8, then that mean that their missile is 24 because 8*3=24)
All other archers=27. (because their melee is 9 then 9*3=27)

But not so fast, elven and human archers have a special ability called "rapid fire" that allow they shoot 25% faster when they reach level 9 so these are their true missile reaction at level 9+.

Elven arty=24
All other arty= 30.
Dragon longbow (elven archer)= 18. (because 24 minus the 25% is 18)
Human archer= 20.25, proximately "20". (because 27 minus the 25% is 20.25 proximately 20)  
All other archers= 27

These are the true missile reaction of all ranged units (is that my math isn't wrong)

Last edited by Juggernaut on Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Elven arty reaction wrong calculation)
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2014 10:31 pm

Your math isn't wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ulfriden

Ulfriden

PostSubject: Re: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 6:14 am

So, a dwarf gunner has range 50 (capped) and fire reaction 27 vs an elf archer with range 65 (capped) and reaction 18? Dwarf gunner would be killed before managing to fire a single shot...

This is the reason to decrease the power of ranged units... Elves are too much powerful in the game atm, as said in unnumbered threads...
Back to top Go down
Juggernaut

Juggernaut

PostSubject: Re: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2014 11:51 am

Ulfriden wrote:
So, a dwarf gunner has range 50 (capped) and fire reaction 27 vs an elf archer with range 65 (capped) and reaction 18? Dwarf gunner would be killed before managing to fire a single shot...

This is the reason to decrease the power of ranged units... Elves are too much powerful in the game atm, as said in unnumbered threads...

Basically elves shoot 1/3 faster than all other non-human archers and their speed cap at 21 (I think) that is why they are so efficient at kitting and slaughtering enemy archers and light units, the only way I find to counter elven archers is with CAV or outnumber they in archers but both are risky tactics because you weaken your melee army and GL HI wipe you out fast is you don't bring appropriate melee army, (usually is a nightmare fight in a 2vs2 with a dwarf sending lots of tanky full GL HI and elven sending lots of archers with movement banner, basically because elves can shoot his dwarf partners without doing so many FF and because they can start running away and kite to the death is you beat the dwarven HI)

Something that could help a lot is increasing LIA movement cap as Vmomo said I think all LIA speed should cap at 22 to prevent being kited by archers, and sound logic that units that are not wearing heavy armors should run much faster. Because having same speed cap than LI their lose their purpose of being flankers, faster and superior than LI is LI can reach the same speed just wearing a GL banner

Last edited by Juggernaut on Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2014 10:08 am

I've argued with the same math on several occasions. Nothing has been done yet. For me balance is the key issue. At least the lack of balance is the reason why I took a break from the game before.

Artillery and archers in general need some tweaking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: True arty/ranged reaction   True arty/ranged reaction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

True arty/ranged reaction
Page 1 of 1