Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield Bonuses

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

Battlefield Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield Bonuses   Battlefield Bonuses I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 am

Foremostly I'd like to say that you guys are doing a great job with the game. Secondly, I know that the game has a set development plan, and to incorporate all suggestions while trying to follow a schedule is probably not the best of ideas. So my suggestions are for when the game is ready, but for you to think if this is worth doing at a later stage. So here goes.

Currently the game has different regions, all regions when you look in the battle-screen look different but when you battle in any region, it is basically the same green map with randomly placed elements. My suggestion is to provide say 3 types of different maps based on the regions.

Rocky Terrain: This terrain will be rocky, mountainous as the name suggests. This terrain will give different bonuses to each race. for Eg. Dwarves and Orcs have a bonus in Mountains. They can do better attacks, whereas one of the other remaining races from each faction is neutral to the element, and the other has a negative impact on fighting. For Eg. Elves and Dark Legion are neutral to mountain territory whereas the Humans & undead suffer a negative penalty while attacking over this area. Perhaps the Mountains make it difficult for the humans to navigate over while fighting and the undead zombies just can't climb up the terrain with the sun blazing over....

Forest Terrain: This would be the current terrain or map. This provides the Elves & the Dark Legion a bonus in Attack whereas the Humans & undead are neutral on this terrain. Similarly, the Dwarves and the Orcs have a penalty during attacks over these regions.

Icy Terrain: The humans have adapted to the cold, they and the undead have a Bonus attack over the Icy terrain. Whereas the Dwarves and Orcs are neutral to the cold. While the Elves & the dark legion suffer a penalty in attacks during these regions.

To better illustrate what I am saying I made a simple table.

Light Race Forest Terrain Icy TerrainMountainous Terrain Darkness Race
Elves +10% -5% 0% Dark Legion
Dwarves-5% 0% +10% Orcs
Humans 0% +10%-5% Undead

This is just a simple representation, but you can definitely make various bonuses, perhaps some apply positively some negatively. This will remove the monotonous green map as well as make the Regions different looking on the map.

Just an idea. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Battlefield Bonuses Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Bonuses   Battlefield Bonuses I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 8:57 am

Thank you for your kind words CycLonite and your ideas. Smile

In a way, the different landscape is definitely in our ToDo list, but the bonuses/penalties will be universal so as not to create imbalances in some regions, as we want all the races to be able to fight everywhere and without any problems.

When we say universal penalties, think about movement penalties, ranged units penalties, etc. but they will affect all the races involved in a battle.

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Bonuses
Page 1 of 1