Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New World bugs

Go down 
+3
Oingoboingo
RuneSlayer
clambam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:10 am

There seem to be quite a few

1) Have fought invisible enemies

2) Have charged a cannon, only when I got there it disappeared and popped up in another position

3) Enemies seem to be able to go off the side of the screen and shoot from there

4) several coops the enemy AP does not seem to match what they actually bring to the field...and ends in horrible loss
New World bugs Defeat11
Enemy still had 30-40 troops left at the end
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:28 am

clambam wrote:
1) Have fought invisible enemies

Invisible enemies? Can you elaborate?

clambam wrote:
2) Have charged a cannon, only when I got there it disappeared and popped up in another position

We are aware of this issue.

clambam wrote:
4) several coops the enemy AP does not seem to match what they actually bring to the field...and ends in horrible loss

What do you mean? AI army generation has not been touched.

clambam wrote:

Kills are HPs actually....not troops.
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:43 am

runeslayer wrote:
Invisible enemies? Can you elaborate?

Yes, my infantry stood fighting in a line, yet I could not see any enemy there, they were just fighting air...unfortunately I did not think to get a screen shot

runeslayer wrote:
clambam wrote:

What do you mean? AI army generation has not been touched.

clambam wrote:

Kills are HPs actually....not troops.
Noted they are HPs, but they have a much larger amount of troops than their AP suggests. We killed almost twice the amount of troops they killed, and they still had plenty more left, yet their AP shows as being slightly less than ours? They were not naked troops, they were well equipped. Don't know where these extra troops are coming from? Maybe it is to do with FOW mechanics that extra troops are appearing? It seems to be a random occurrence, most coops are ok, but in some coops the enemy is just freakishly large and the battle is more difficult than suicide mode, even well executed strategies end in defeat due to massive enemy numbers and strength
Sorry I can't pinpoint the problem more accurately than that at the moment
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 6:57 am

clambam wrote:
Noted they are HPs, but they have a much larger amount of troops than their AP suggests. We killed almost twice the amount of troops they killed, and they still had plenty more left, yet their AP shows as being slightly less than ours? They were not naked troops, they were well equipped. Don't know where these extra troops are coming from? Maybe it is to do with FOW mechanics that extra troops are appearing? It seems to be a random occurrence, most coops are ok, but in some coops the enemy is just freakishly large and the battle is more difficult than suicide mode, even well executed strategies end in defeat due to massive enemy numbers and strength
Sorry I can't pinpoint the problem more accurately than that at the moment

No changes have been made, so what you are experiencing right now is what you were experiencing before the implementation of FOW.
Back to top Go down
Oingoboingo

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:01 am

I also just encountered an invisible enemy - it was an enemy archer that was in the FOW. When my cav charged it, the archer remained invisible but for its flag until my cav was actually engaged with it in melee. Once the melee fight started I could see the entire archer unit again.

Hope this helps clarify.
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

No changes have been made, so what you are experiencing right now is what you were experiencing before the implementation of FOW.

Well it is difficult to give a more accurate diagnosis and I realise that without more info it is difficult for you to act on. All I can say is that I never lost a coop before in Olympus or Erevos, even when playing badly, however have lost several now in the new world, and they were not due to bad strategies or tactics, not even due to FOW or new troops going awol on pathing with volumes, troops did what they were supposed to, everything went perfectly.......just got beaten by a huge overwhelming enemy
I'm not the only person experiencing this, hopefully somebody else can better shed light on the problem
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 am

clambam wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Well it is difficult to give a more accurate diagnosis and I realise that without more info it is difficult for you to act on. All I can say is that I never lost a coop before in Olympus or Erevos, even when playing badly, however have lost several now in the new world, and they were not due to bad strategies or tactics, not even due to FOW or new troops going awol on pathing with volumes, troops did what they were supposed to, everything went perfectly.......just got beaten by a huge overwhelming enemy
I'm not the only person experiencing this, hopefully somebody else can better shed light on the problem

Do not underestimate the "power" of the volume system. Smile Before the changes, people could just send units against an enemy unit and they would just charge one after the other...Right now, if a friendly unit has charged a side of an enemy unit, another ally unit will HAVE TO FIND an empty space to charge...

In other words the DPS effectiveness of armies has been reduced.

We are making some changes to the volume system, which will go live in the next few hours, but only so as to improve the movement of the units (i.e. allowing units to pass through other units, etc.).

Units will STILL need to find "space" to charge an enemy unit...
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:27 am

Yes noted, and have got quite used to the new system and found how to use it to my advantage. However during these losses our troops did exactly what we wanted them to, it was the enemy troops that were made to dance around lost trying to path, but we still lost in the end?
It is not every coop, it is just the odd random coop where suddenly the odds are just hugely stacked against you, and seems impossible to win no matter how perfectly you play?
Solos seem fine, but when you get that random coop it is far more difficult than suicide mode

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 am

clambam wrote:
Yes noted, and have got quite used to the new system and found how to use it to my advantage. However during these losses our troops did exactly what we wanted them to, it was the enemy troops that were made to dance around lost trying to path, but we still lost in the end?
It is not every coop, it is just the odd random coop where suddenly the odds are just hugely stacked against you, and seems impossible to win no matter how perfectly you play?
Solos seem fine, but when you get that random coop it is far more difficult than suicide mode

Update coming up. Test the changes on the volume system and then we can discuss again. Smile
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 7:58 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Update coming up. Test the changes on the volume system and then we can discuss again. Smile
Will do
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 6:04 am

Well from testing since the patch:

Still getting mirage artillery, this tends to happen when my cavalry are being shot at from out of the darkness, I go that direction, see a cannon and charge it, only to find it is a mirage and the real cannon is somewhere else...still shooting. Not a major problem, but would be nice not to have

The edge of the map is still further than you can actually scroll/set commands to, so troops are going out of sight. Can get used to this, but it is a pain when enemy archers hide there

Still getting random coops that are suicide + in difficulty level (FOW and pathing taken into account)

On a positive note the new volumes for units work much better and feel much more "realistic" Smile
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:27 am

Just saw the mirages of archers in pvp. It showed the unit but when my HI walked up to it nothing happened and then the archers showed up someplace else.
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:03 am

re the mirages, I would add that the animation of the shot comes from where the mirage is...not where the actual cannon is. My assumption is that it is the cannons starting place, and something in mechanics is lagging in updating the position of where the actual cannon is until my troops are on top of it (it is happening when I am behind enemy lines with cavalry)
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 10:28 am

I am also getting it with archers, and I am pretty definite it is that I am seeing ghosts of where they started the battle.
What is weirder is even after they disappear and I kill the real ones, I am still being shot at from the ghost location, although there is nothing there!
Back to top Go down
ferarith

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 3:59 pm

"invisible" unit pic, http://prntscr.com/345cdf and this enemy unit was in a melee somewhere else prior to fighting these units so it moved to engage them without its animation moving with it. And my units men were moving approximately a square and then back every 2-3 seconds as if flash wasn't sure which spot the were in. very odd...
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 pm

Also experienced the invisible unit issue.

Or rather, the 'unit' graphic and the 'flag' graphic appear in different places.
Once I engaged the flag, the unit graphic appeared. In this case, an Orc artillery.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 5:59 am

Scaren wrote:
Just saw the mirages of archers in pvp. It showed the unit but when my HI walked up to it nothing happened and then the archers showed up someplace else.

Scaren, did you target to attack or you just walked there?

XViper wrote:
Also experienced the invisible unit issue.

Or rather, the 'unit' graphic and the 'flag' graphic appear in different places.
Once I engaged the flag, the unit graphic appeared. In this case, an Orc artillery.

XViper, did the artillery faded in, or instantly appeared?

Last edited by lightshield on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:17 am

It looked like vmomos archers had spawned there but I was only walking toward them. They were kind of faded and weren't firing or had a banner above their head. But when the HI got there they disappeared and archers were somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
clambam

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:23 am

Hi Lightshield, I know those questions were not asked to me, but I can answer both

You cannot lock a red target line onto mirages, once you reach them they disappear. Unfortunately I tend to charge by sending my troops to areas rather than using the red lock on, as it gives better flanking positioning

Also you tend to see the mirage first, then the real thing before you reach it, however the firing animation comes from the location of the mirage...making it seem more likely the real thing

For flags with invisible units find they tend to appear fairly suddenly upon reaching the flag

In both cases it is when your units start to overlap their units that they appear/disappear

Hope that is useful

Last edited by clambam on Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am

Scaren wrote:
It looked like vmomos archers had spawned there but I was only walking toward them. They were kind of faded and weren't firing or had a banner above their head. But when the HI got there they disappeared and archers were somewhere else.

Gotcha! I think I know what's wrong. I'll keep you updated.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 am

clambam wrote:

Also you tend to see the mirage first, then the real thing before you reach it, however the firing animation comes from the location of the mirage...making it seem more likely the real thing

Thank you clambam. This is fixed and along with it the whole mirage miracle. Gods have decided artillery and missile units to lose their divinity  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New World bugs Empty
PostSubject: Re: New World bugs   New World bugs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New World bugs
Page 1 of 1