Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units

Go down 
+3
XViper
soulthief
LSLarry
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LSLarry

Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units Empty
PostSubject: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 6:56 pm

So one of the things that bothers me recently is players losing the fame they earn for CP on map resets. IMO, it places an unfair emphasis on buildings and research. Everything else in this game revolves around fighting more, and while I don't think fame should be completely determined by battle, I believe battling should earn fame. To a degree (a really cool and fun degree!) 10 CP = 1 fame accomplished exactly this.

Unfortunately, if there is a map reset this fame disappears. My suggestion is to award a player a small amount of fame (details below) based on the units contained within their barracks. This fame would compliment the fame garnered through earning CP, and remain after map resets. I believe this will affect lower level players more (the first 10 levels are a lot easier than the last 10) and remove some of the negative feelings that come with the loss of CP. Particularly on Olympus I noticed that after the first reset a lot of people were bummed out to lose more than half of their fame and drop significantly in the rankings.

- - - - - - - - -

The system itself is relatively simple. The 6 types of units are divided into two categories; LI, Archers, LIA make up one (which I will call "basic units") and HI, Cav and Artillery make up the second (labelled "advanced units").

Each basic unit is worth 10 fame at level 1, so as soon as one is recruited a player gains 10 fame. Each level that unit earns is worth a further 5 fame, until lvl 19. Reaching level 20 is worth 10 fame, the same as recruiting.

ie. Player x recruits his first LI(basic unit). He gains 10 fame. When this LI is at level 3 (first milestone) it is now worth 20 fame. At level 6 it is worth 35 fame, level 9=50 fame and so on, up to level 20, where the LI is now worth 110 fame.

For advanced units, slightly more than double the fame is awarded. At level 1, 20 fame. 10 fame/level until level 20. 30 fame for reaching level 20.

Using the same example as above but with an HI instead of LI; at level 1 = 20 fame, level 3 = 40 fame, level 6 = 70 fame, and level 20 = 230 fame.

- - - - - - - - -

This is not very much fame, on a per unit basis. My aim is that it should be proportionally quite a bit less than the fame earned for CP; active fighting is always more important than past fighting. However, as I mentioned above this is mainly intended to provide a slight boost in fame for lower level players (say -5k fame) especially those who fight more than average. A player with 12 units, for this example let's say 3 LI, 4 LIA, 3 Archers, 2 HI, all of level 7 will gain [(3+4+3)*10+(3+4+3)*6*5)]+(2*20+2*6*10)] = 560 fame. Again, not a huge amount; but probably a nice boost for my imaginary player!

If a player had a full barracks of level 20 troops, which I think is 28 (30?) and it were split 10 basic, 18 advanced, a player would gain 5240 fame. Basically nothing for a player who can fill their barracks with lvl 20 units....

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts, comments, criticisms, lampooning and japes all welcome! ;D
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: invest in the game not complaining   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 9:25 pm

LSLarry, yet another long winded post from you. Why not invest in the game buy some gems, support the development team that makes this game great and for god sake just stop complaining about everything that dose not go your way.

ST

cheers 
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:22 pm

Seemed like a reasonably well thought out and described suggestion to me.
He certainly didn't appear to be complaining about anything.

Not sure what your problem is soulthief?
Sounds like a personal attack in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

PostSubject: lol xviper   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2014 11:59 pm

ya sure xviper,

Thanks I'll really consider your opinion NOT!

ST
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 1:15 am

soulthief wrote:
LSLarry, yet another long winded post from you. Why not invest in the game buy some gems, support the development team that makes this game great and for god sake just stop complaining about everything that dose not go your way.

ST

cheers

soulthief wrote:
ya sure xviper,

Thanks I'll really consider your opinion NOT!

ST

Soulthief, please refrain from attacking other players. Everybody can express their opinion and if someone has a different opinion and wants to express his disagreement, it should be done with arguments and not by starting a flame war. The purpose of the Forums is sharing thoughts and ideas, it is a communication channel between the players of Battle Conquest and of course between the devs and the Community. If there is an issue with a player, then please use a PM.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Metalsiagon

Metalsiagon

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 5:13 am

This sounds like a good idea, but i feel the fame at that level would be almost meaningless. Each unit should have like a 100 or something fame weight per level to match the amount of effort put in to leveling it, or at least a gradual ascending fame level comparable to that of a building.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 6:37 am

I'd considered this for a while before posting and I agree with putting a larger emphasis on combat effort.

However, I do not think that this is the best way to accomplish such.

I know you don't mention this, but I think experience requirements are currently at least somewhat different between races...I know that this is the case for heroes, which while you also do not mention as part of your suggestion, I assume that this idea would encompass those as well.

Additionally, this system also serves to exacerbate the issue of rewarding inactives...which already take up too many spots in the top 100...but that could be corrected by the devs.

My biggest contention is that it serves to further the gap between the "mature" and the "not-so-mature"

Already, after a reset the players that have been around the longest receive a headstart. This suggestion would serve to further that gap by a few thousand fame, that a new player would find difficult to reach...even if s/he was a major contributor in CP.

So, I have a counter suggestion and I would like to hear your thoughts on it:

"Reduce the Fame acquired from Building and Research upgrades beyond a given level."

I don't have the perfect idea on how much to do so by or when to start...but to illustrate the general idea:

At each level of building above level 10 there is a 3% reduction in fame per level. Such that Level 11 gives 2% less fame than it currently does and level 25 30% less fame.

If a level 25 building provides around 700 Fame currently, the new amount would be 490. Still a good amount, but rather than needing an additional 7K CP to make up the difference, you'd need just 4.9K. (of course that would be per building, but I think you see my point)

This would increase the weight of CP-related fame, which then also means the difference between a new and mature player is not quite so insurmountable.

Another alternative is to increase Fame received via CP...but I don't like that idea very much...
Back to top Go down
Naz_

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:22 am

Well, Ysosad, if you want to increase the weight of CP related to fame, it just needs to improve the ratior 10 CP= 1 Fame to something else like 10CP=2 Fame.

I agree with you for the inactives players but to be a builder is a way to play BC (not my case) so it is unfair to that people which wants to build instead of fighting. (Since there is CP=Fame it's largly enough)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 7:42 am

LSLarry wrote:
So one of the things that bothers me recently is players losing the fame they earn for CP on map resets. IMO, it places an unfair emphasis on buildings and research.  Everything else in this game revolves around fighting more, and while I don't think fame should be completely determined by battle, I believe battling should earn fame.  To a degree (a really cool and fun degree!) 10 CP = 1 fame accomplished exactly this.

Unfortunately, if there is a map reset this fame disappears.  My suggestion is to award a player a small amount of fame (details below) based on the units contained within their barracks.  This fame would compliment the fame garnered through earning CP, and remain after map resets.  I believe this will affect lower level players more (the first 10 levels are a lot easier than the last 10) and remove some of the negative feelings that come with the loss of CP.  Particularly on Olympus I noticed that after the first reset a lot of people were bummed out to lose more than half of their fame and drop significantly in the rankings.  

- - - - - - - - -

The system itself is relatively simple.  The 6 types of units are divided into two categories; LI, Archers, LIA make up one (which I will call "basic units") and HI, Cav and Artillery make up the second (labelled "advanced units").  

Each basic unit is worth 10 fame at level 1, so as soon as one is recruited a player gains 10 fame.  Each level that unit earns is worth a further 5 fame, until lvl 19.  Reaching level 20 is worth 10 fame, the same as recruiting.

ie.  Player x recruits his first LI(basic unit).  He gains 10 fame.  When this LI is at level 3 (first milestone) it is now worth 20 fame.  At level 6 it is worth 35 fame, level 9=50 fame and so on, up to level 20, where the LI is now worth 110 fame.

For advanced units, slightly more than double the fame is awarded.  At level 1, 20 fame.  10 fame/level until level 20.  30 fame for reaching level 20.

Using the same example as above but with an HI instead of LI; at level 1 = 20 fame, level 3 = 40 fame, level 6 = 70 fame, and level 20 = 230 fame.

- - - - - - - - -

This is not very much fame, on a per unit basis.  My aim is that it should be proportionally quite a bit less than the fame earned for CP; active fighting is always more important than past fighting.  However, as I mentioned above this is mainly intended to provide a slight boost in fame for lower level players (say -5k fame) especially those who fight more than average.  A player with 12 units, for this example let's say 3 LI, 4 LIA, 3 Archers, 2 HI, all of level 7 will gain [(3+4+3)*10+(3+4+3)*6*5)]+(2*20+2*6*10)] = 560 fame.  Again, not a huge amount; but probably a nice boost for my imaginary player!

If a player had a full barracks of level 20 troops, which I think is 28 (30?) and it were split 10 basic, 18 advanced, a player would gain 5240 fame.  Basically nothing for a player who can fill their barracks with lvl 20 units....

- - - - - - - - - - -

Thoughts, comments, criticisms, lampooning and japes all welcome! ;D

This has already been handled on Hades. There has been a big change.

Let us just say that Fame is from now on called "City Score".
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 9:14 am

Rune: Oh cool, another new feature to look forward to!

Well thanks for commenting on the idea anyway folks, even ST ;P.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 10:42 am

Naz_ wrote:
Well, Ysosad, if you want to increase the weight of CP related to fame, it just needs to improve the ratior 10 CP= 1 Fame to something else like 10CP=2 Fame.

I agree with you for the inactives players but to be a builder is a way to play BC (not my case) so it is unfair to that people which wants to build instead of fighting.  (Since there is CP=Fame it's largly enough)

Hi Naz,

I'd suggested something similar to your first part, you can find it in the last section of my previous post. I just don't think my second suggestion is as good as my first suggestion, it is a personal preference that while similar is not exactly the same.

I'm not trying to be unfair to builders1, but rather more fair to new players that even starting at the beginning of a war cycle will be at a substantial disadvantage ... depending on how quickly each war cycle goes in the future (and how quickly one can reasonably progress), that disadvantage may persist over many cycles...despite significant CP output.

In any case, we'll see what the new formula is once Hades opens.

1: It should be noted that a "pure" builder has exceedingly very little to gain by taking up a top 100 spot, other than the top 3 spots allowing for a title. I say this because they get nothing from the Aether...yet they potentially keep it from an individual that would use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units   Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Granting Fame for Recruiting and Levelling Units
Page 1 of 1