Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

*Slow*.....

Go down 
+2
Tibr
Bblazer
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bblazer

Bblazer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:47 am

I am seeing the server olyp is getting really inactive lately, even the dark players that were kicking it to the captial lost potential.

I would warm welcome a New player swarm, and most players would want to join a new server, so we would get some action going on.

Especially since the light side on Olyp has no regions (bonus) just a strainght line to the capital which the dark side can't breach, so its in between of nowhere, lights  got no bonuses/ mercs whatsoever, so it might be boring for them, in my opinion i prefer the dark side wins rather then staying like this for weeks.

Maybe after AI pvp and golems this could be the next Aim?
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 12:07 pm

It would make sense to adjust the capital takedown boundaries to average player level...

Even on erevos, all capital fights to take it down were done by 15 or 16 players, and it wouldnt have fallen if defended by everyone, out of proportions.
Back to top Go down
DarkEkok

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:11 am

Bblazer wrote:
I am seeing the server olyp is getting really inactive lately, even the dark players that were kicking it to the captial lost potential.

I would warm welcome a New player swarm, and most players would want to join a new server, so we would get some action going on.

Especially since the light side on Olyp has no regions (bonus) just a strainght line to the capital which the dark side can't breach, so its in between of nowhere, lights  got no bonuses/ mercs whatsoever, so it might be boring for them, in my opinion i prefer the dark side wins rather then staying like this for weeks.

Maybe after AI pvp and golems this could be the next Aim?

I agree to this! and i can feel that a lot of people are little bit tired of new patches that don't make sense! they just shoot a patch out there with their eyes closed! like with cannons! nobody complained about them!

And also the new big PVE map! Solos was fast CP before. now the fighting is all the same, just take ages before the enemy reach over to your army! so no difference on that change exept players get tired off all the waiting!

I know the Gold/rec have been adjusted (much better now) but with that patch before that people got tired because they had no progress in the game! because there was impossible to get enough gold for upgrading building, healing units, and repair gear! this took the joy out of the game for many players!

So my opinion is that the latest patches made people get tired, therefor less active!
Back to top Go down
Bobba

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 12:27 am

My reasons for being less active:

1. Very few people are pvping now.
2. Very few people playing to chat or trade with.
3. Tired of solos and coops, they no longer entertain me, every solo feels the same.
4. Most of the people that I can pvp are either undead and can mop the floor with me using very little effort or simply have far better equipment than me (either that, or they can't do my tier...).
5. Progress in Olympus is sllloowww. Especially since I mostly pvp, but lose most pvps. All that help with resources I got early on and still unlocking nightmare mode is far out of reach.

Points 1 and 2 will improve with a playerbase increase. Points 3 and 4 and 5 will all improve somewhat with proper race balance changes, PvP vs AI and Prestige. Future things such as new modes and quests, modified mercs and new units will help a lot too, I think.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 2:15 am

Unfortunately marketing, in order to receive new players, is not something that we have power on. Others decide about such things...
Back to top Go down
Bobba

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 2:59 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Unfortunately marketing, in order to receive new players, is not something that we have power on. Others decide about such things...

Well, I wish for the best on that and hope they do a good job for you. If they don't have special contracts with you preventing you from seeking other advertisement you could always look into things like getting an article in magazines (or online magazines), ads/articles on gaming websites, forum posts on various gaming forums, etc. It'll be hit or miss on how much attention that gets the game though. Maybe streaming tournaments onto youtube (once there are tournaments) would be a good way to get some attention as well, both from current players and interested prospective players, as they are easy to share and fun to watch. I hope you guys succeed in rebuilding the player base, because this game really does deserve to have more people playing it.

Unfortunately that's about the only advice I can think of, but I hope it can be at least of some small help to you all.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
soulthief

soulthief

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: The Dark side on Olympus   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:02 am

We found out that we do not have the fire power to win on Olympus. Several times we made it to the steps of the light capital only to see changes that made it impossible to win, now that dog wont hunt anymore.

Hard to see the purpose, but I must say that Ruach and a few others have put up one hell of a good fight.

I personally do not play as much anymore, it still fun, but not like before, and if you cant win why bother.

Soulthief
Back to top Go down
DarkEkok

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 3:25 am

soulthief wrote:
Hard to see the purpose, but I must say that Ruach and a few others have put up one hell of a good fight.

If it wasn't for ruach, i think olumpys would have been very close a restart :-p

But a newbie storm would be great :-) people that join olympus for first time, play until about 100fame, but stop at that point because there is not as much active guys anymore!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:23 am

Bobba wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Well, I wish for the best on that and hope they do a good job for you. If they don't have special contracts with you preventing you from seeking other advertisement you could always look into things like getting an article in magazines (or online magazines), ads/articles on gaming websites, forum posts on various gaming forums, etc. It'll be hit or miss on how much attention that gets the game though. Maybe streaming tournaments onto youtube (once there are tournaments) would be a good way to get some attention as well, both from current players and interested prospective players, as they are easy to share and fun to watch. I hope you guys succeed in rebuilding the player base, because this game really does deserve to have more people playing it.

Unfortunately that's about the only advice I can think of, but I hope it can be at least of some small help to you all.  Smile 

The ideas are there...the suggestions are there....months now....but you need to want to listen too... Wink Time will tell...
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:29 am

when the patch for tournaments and pvp AI etc, just make an Advertisement on kong that pops up on top list with "BC Updated!" just like the other games, it's sure to get tons of people joining.

And how about making surprises on the map, like "Dragon village attack" somewhat quest , with a nice reward. or orc ambush with alpha units etc. SO it doesn't be the same soloing over and over, you always get surprised when you enter the map. maybe some sort of daily cumulative spin reward thing? that helps too.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:43 am

Bblazer wrote:
when the patch for tournaments and pvp AI etc, just make an Advertisement on kong that pops up on top list with "BC  Updated!" just like the other games, it's sure to get tons of people joining.

And how about making surprises on the map, like "Dragon village attack" somewhat quest , with  a nice reward. or orc ambush with alpha units etc. SO it doesn't be the same soloing over and over, you always get surprised when you enter the map. maybe some sort of daily cumulative spin reward thing? that helps too.

If only things worked that way... Smile

Let us just say, that in the real world...it is all about money.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:53 am

Reward players minor gem or even aether prices for small PR campaigns. A well written topic or ad on some gaming forum has potential. Eventhough you and zinga facebook may not like each other a "like us and get 15 gems" could help there.

Even the wiki .. tops and fyrr are doing well, but the wiki is in a very suboptimal shape, a good structured and extensive wiki is another good advertisement.
Back to top Go down
Bblazer

Bblazer

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 07, 2014 4:56 am

If you have a gun, you can rob a bank, if you have a bank you can rob everyone.
 Cool 
-Bill maher

Alternative way to get people: Make a twerking Unit and upload it to YouTube in a new game trailer. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

*Slow*..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: *Slow*.....   *Slow*..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*Slow*.....
Page 1 of 1