Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Un-able to post in chat

Go down 
+7
fuffel
klaas
lightshield
rand
Fyrr
Wave_Rida
ferarith
11 posters
AuthorMessage
ferarith

Un-able to post in chat Empty
PostSubject: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2014 8:33 am

Have this weird bug, i log in and can't post anything in chat, i refresh a few times and eventually it works. I've had this happen with IE and firefox.
Back to top Go down
Wave_Rida

Wave_Rida

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 4:41 am

ingame chat or passtime viewing your base chat?

It might be the flash plug in. you first have to select the game, click it a few times, hit the FS button, afterwards you might be able to post in chat.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2014 6:19 am

Or a simple lag/unstable connection, when game seems to drop anything written instead of publishing. (for that you should still be able to actually type stuff in the chatbox). In such a case it's a randomly recurring problem for some people, not exactly game's fault. O.o.
Back to top Go down
rand

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:28 am

It does the same thing to me, more and more lately. I'm running Firefox.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 6:34 am

People have reported this again, but it just seems too weird  Suspect 

Does your typed text disappear from the input frame when you press enter?
Back to top Go down
rand

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 7:09 am

Yes it does.
Back to top Go down
klaas

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 pm

same here. it might have something to do with getting stuck in black screen after a battle , then F5'ing?
* edit*
lots of f5's, restarting browser, rebooting PC, clearing cache...still no dice..
this impedes my effectiveness as guild leader more than just a bit.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 7:37 am

There's been an update on this issue. Please check if you can chat.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2014 8:36 pm

Encountered this (no text after pressing Enter) after the last update which came with the SQL crash ;p. Anyway, first time clearing the cache helped, just some chat lag afterwards, second - nothing helped (not that I tried too much tbh). Confirmed that at least 2 other players have/had the same bug with game's chat.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 12:11 am

Fyrr wrote:
Encountered this  (no text after pressing Enter) after the last update which came with the SQL crash ;p

The SQL crash would be responsible for the problem with the chat if this happened at that time. I'll have a look at the logs to check if this is relevant or not.
Back to top Go down
fuffel

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 2:54 am

I have the same issue.
only the chat box is affected - chat during battles works fine
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:00 am

Fuffel, Can you please verify if you can chat at this very moment?
Back to top Go down
fuffel

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 3:50 am

no, sorry
cleared cache again, but still unable to post
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 4:30 am

I can't, still, for the most part. Well except few lines while testing in my council chat ;/ http://prntscr.com/2nls2t

Tried disabling various extensions, and got chat to work till i reloaded. Tried firefox, chat worked, but couldn't battle (!interesting, battle loads and hangs at 100%. wtf, but a separate issue), so refreshed and couldn't chat again. etc etc.

Perhaps an issue with the internet or whatever, but absolutely everything else is working fine.
Nothing in java console either, other than constant flow of warnings:
http://prntscr.com/2nlqnj
Back to top Go down
fuffel

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 5:58 am

works again!!

after the patch  cheers 
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 6:04 am

For all I know, a server restart corrects the issue, but does not prevent this from happening again.

I'll report back once I have an update on this issue.

pig 
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 am

I just got hit by this bug (first time ever).

Coincidentally:

• It happened on both Olympus & Everos at same time  Exclamation  Exclamation
  • Restart on Olympus did not fix it

Restart on Everos got this:

Un-able to post in chat ZGIgQUGi5M2865MTk6vssq_iT-075hcSf-RhyUWWl6m0ZvLSnIzbaJZtYbEywoxl2Mm4tJECnEyhN3B1nljhCLaJVFV1jZChiAVK9H3bMmQ1YX89vLfyhQ8j8w

Probably unrelated ... but ...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2014 8:21 am

yup, unrelated. you're good with silly posts today, joyce.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 am

well its happening again
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 4:16 am

Pyr wrote:
well its happening again

The chat problem?
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:05 am

yes but after 2 refreshes without cleaning cookies it is ok
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 am

It is a known issue and unfortunately not something that we can fix that easily as we are using a third party component. We are trying to resolve the issue working together with the other company.
Back to top Go down
Pyr

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2014 4:10 pm

well its something moving around to fix it?

hmmm ups osry i can talk now but dont know how long

and well its not working again
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 1:40 am

Pyr wrote:
well its something moving around to fix it?

hmmm ups osry i can talk now but dont know how long

and well its not working again

Definitely not something we can fix....it's up to the third party...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Un-able to post in chat   Un-able to post in chat I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Un-able to post in chat
Page 1 of 1