Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Difficulties???

Go down 
+12
DarkEkok
Dahk
Piktas
Pearl
Claudandus
Realf Lantow
Ala
kuba_
Tibr
RuneSlayer
XViper
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Piktas

Piktas

Difficulties??? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 2:48 am

Ala wrote:
I guess there is friendly fire, at least for cannons

Now that you mention it I remember a situation where enemy artillery did cause FF. Can't say I remember a clear situation where enemy archers do it though. However, there's also the thing where archers become more precise in close range thus causing less FF to friendly units that are engaged with the enemy so it's hard to tell...
Back to top Go down
Dahk

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 pm

Piktas wrote:
Ala wrote:
I guess there is friendly fire, at least for cannons

Now that you mention it I remember a situation where enemy artillery did cause FF. Can't say I remember a clear situation where enemy archers do it though. However, there's also the thing where archers become more precise in close range thus causing less FF to friendly units that are engaged with the enemy so it's hard to tell...
Yea Piktas, I was fleeing once to an enemy HI, and the AI cannon fired on "us" and wiped both of us out. I did want to point out, why are Cav so highly rated...seems for Insane or suicide it's not worth bringing them into battle.. so we should just stay at HI units if we want to approach the higher difficulties.. and I'm talking non-paying players. The rest of us with minimal GL equipment get really cruddy results at those difficulties.. even when we REAR the AI.
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:04 am

one cav is very usefull to destroy enemy arti
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 12:57 pm

Hmm, there is no info in patch notes, but since today suicide is way harder.

Quote :
100% winrate from last 10 battles...

Grmpf, shouldn't have posted this...
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 am

Just so you know ... 160,13%
At some point we have to define what kind of difficulty suicide is meant to be. 160, while first of a kind,  No .

Difficulties??? - Page 2 UHxEMr4
Back to top Go down
kuba_

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 am

Tibr try go bring 10 naked units (without heroes) with as much high lvl of units as possible to suicide then your record should be raised Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 1:08 am

163.4% Its getting hotter.

Difficulties??? - Page 2 U9qm
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 2:11 am

All right, here is just the next one, today we are breaking all records... 166,9%
Difficulties??? - Page 2 3tzb
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 3:36 am

I remember someone assured about the max AI limits around 150%

we got to 172.8%

Difficulties??? - Page 2 7zcw
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:45 am

At your lvl of suicide the AP doesnt matter that much. What matters is how many units does the AI bring. Cause most of the AI units at lvl 20 are desperately overcapped and sitting on tons of useless AP.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 4:51 am

Undead tend to bring 14 units, and they arent all in full godlike yet. I am "only" at AI lvl 18 btw. AI AP still matters significantly, as you said this may change when they come "fully capped", but then they may also get 15th or 16th unit, i am not there yet to know.

For those who are curious. That is a 170% orc army - http://prntscr.com/2n0nby
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 5:49 am

Tibr wrote:
Undead tend to bring 14 units, and they arent all in full godlike yet. I am "only" at AI lvl 18 btw. AI AP still matters significantly, as you said this may change when they come "fully capped", but then they may also get 15th or 16th unit, i am not there yet to know.

For those who are curious. That is a 170% orc army - http://prntscr.com/2n0nby

Just a heads up....AI armies are never fully capped, because they have a limitation to their GS per level. Players have always an advantage over the AI in terms of gear.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:02 am

All this sounds like players need to fully cap their units to win against lvl 20 AI. And frankly people cant afford to use gl arti for suicide, because .. they never drop and remain ultrarare. I am using less than half as many godlikes as the AI. I found 150% AI tough, with bigger map at least artillery pressure went down. But with 170% i started to face since AI jumped from lvl 17 to 18 .. that puts a lot of tension on my gear tbh. ^^
Back to top Go down
DarkEkok

PostSubject: broken!    Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:08 am

Tibr wrote:
All this sounds like players need to fully cap their units to win against lvl 20 AI. And frankly people cant afford to use gl arti for suicide, because .. they never drop and remain ultrarare. I am using less than half as many godlikes as the AI. I found 150% AI tough, with bigger map at least artillery pressure went down. But with 170% i started to face since AI jumped from lvl 17 to 18 .. that puts a lot of tension on my gear tbh. ^^

Artillery presure is off because it docent hit the enemy anymore! arty is broken!
And players can't go fully equipped, because then its to expensive to repair, so there we have the lack of gold!
the two most recent updates broke the whole joy of this game!
Back to top Go down
Claudandus

Claudandus

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:29 am

I think you are wildly exaggerating, Darkekok. But a closer look at rewards and the costs for the simple upkeep of your status quo (healing and repairing) seems to be necessary. Especially on Olympus.
After 20 battles on nightmare with 6 rares, 3 epics and 2 gl, all just for the fun of having higher droprate. I decided that the repairing costs of my stuff outweigh the benefits of having higher droprate from epics and gls.

Repairing costs for a rare are around 160-400
Repairing costs for an epic are around 1100-1800
Reparing costs for a gl are around 2000-3000

Maybe the giant leap from rares to epics is just a little too big.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 6:52 am

DarkEkok wrote:

Artillery presure is off because it docent hit the enemy anymore! arty is broken!

My cavalry died before I could take out 2 DL artilleries in suicide. I won the battle with only 4 dying heroes left. So.... yeah... I'm with Claudandus. You're grossly exaggerating, Darkekok.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2014 12:24 pm

Tibr wrote:
I remember someone assured about the max AI limits around 150%

we got to 172.8%

TIBR! you leave out the most important pieces of this image... DID YOU WIN?

Kill count?
Death count?

DETAILs, man, DETAILS. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 10:15 am

Whoopidoo a new record, 173,48%

Difficulties??? - Page 2 3MXj5EO
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:04 pm

Tibr, what army composition are you taking?

I almost seem to think there's a bug.

When I take Cav I always face far more AP than when I don't.

Also what are your unit levels?
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2014 5:11 pm

XViper wrote:

I also think it would be a good idea if he widened those screenshots so it showed his army and his army's levels.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:24 am

Its 5 lvl 16 units and 5 lvl 15 units. All a mix of HI, Li, Lia, Cav.

The AP% were with a max 160% before my units hit lvl 16. Facing lvl 18 AI, i also get more AP% now.

A bug or some weird rules .. because i hear some ppl are getting even equal AP% to what they bring, that just never happens for me. Also whatever weird rules, i have a 100% of all battles at least one AI cav and at least one AI arti. The 100% arti may have to do with the minimum unit level i bring, it wasnt like that before .. with same setup i used to face arti only every second or third battle. But hey, increased battlefield and stuff, dark arti isnt THE big annoyance anymore.

Some ppl think it has to do with races .. elves face more AP% than other races. Sounds silly. Maybe there is another trigger bound to your win rate, which also sounds silly. Maybe your total gearscore and not you blank AP matters for the AP%

I am just using this thread to post new AP% records, for the time you think about your battles .. well that was hard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
LSLarry

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 3:52 pm

XViper wrote:

I have managed to make my NM solos go from challenging but winning with some 'goods' thrown in to all 'goods' and 'excellents' by dropping the cav from my army. I was running 2 HI, 2 cav, 2 LI, 3 LIA army, now 2 HI, 2LI, 5 LIA.

Now, there are other factors there; the cav cost a lot of AP, 2/9 may be an overinvestment of AP in one unit, allowing the enemy better gear and levels across the board on others. Battles are also much easier to micromanage without the cav, but I don't think this is a large factor because the cav usually splits the enemy force, requiring less micromanagement at the main field of battle.

Still, this post made me curious; I changed based on it and experienced a significant improvement in ease of play. There may be something to it.

edit; Unit levels range from 7-9.
Back to top Go down
Realf Lantow

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 8:55 pm

Tibr wrote:
Its 5 lvl 16 units and 5 lvl 15 units. All a mix of HI, Li, Lia, Cav.

The AP% were with a max 160% before my units hit lvl 16. Facing lvl 18 AI, i also get more AP% now.

I am just using this thread to post new AP% records, for the time you think about your battles .. well that was hard Very Happy

Hmmmm, I can say for certain that bringing multiple cavalry raises the "difficulty" of the match; more AP and more "difficult" units- HI, Cav, and Arti.

But, minus cavalry, on Nightmare-Suicide at level 10 and below, it's virtually impossible to be faced with the ridiculously high AP percentages that you reach here. An ordinary match is about 10% above you (Suicide) at 3k AP and level 10, an extreme match (but stupidly easy to beat still) is 25% above you (Suicide) at 3k AP and level 10. Perhaps if one were to bring several cavs into the battle, this would increase...

Actually, I was extremely disappointed in the "easiness" of one of my recent Nightmares- I brought over 3k AP, and was faced with 2400 AP, a NEGATIVE 20% difference. Might I add that it was stupidly easy to win? O.o

Hmmm, I really wish I would get a larger enemy pool- I like getting EXTRA XP! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 2:26 am

Here is a 171.7% AP match with full picture before and after for those who wanted to know.
15 units flashmob of 300 undead http://prntscr.com/2osojh
Note that some of them are having rares and epics, so they would have easily 300+ more AP with full godlike equip, and it would become harder.

The survivors of the massacre http://prntscr.com/2osoyq
This is by far not the worst result btw. I won, thats something  ^^
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 12:24 pm

Anyone know the limit for Insane? 150%?

(I've never had that much by the way, my high is 145.5%. No suicide experience yet, barracks too low level still)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Difficulties???   Difficulties??? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Difficulties???
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next