Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The light/dark armies

Go down 
+4
RuneSlayer
XViper
Savvage
Scaren
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scaren

Scaren

The light/dark armies Empty
PostSubject: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 9:41 pm

Well the light and dark armies always only have infantry. I was wondering if you developers planned on doing anything for us the playerbase to be able to upgrade the armies and have a greater impact on the game. Perhaps guilds can send resources to the capital to help upgrade the army. The more resources they send the higher the percentage of conquest points that will go to their guild that the army obtains. Plus they will be helping out their entire faction gain more conquest points.
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:04 pm

+ 1.
Tho I think the devs expected more players than us, and us alone is still worth the infantry?
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 pm

I remember this being discussed somewhere before Smile
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 06, 2014 11:22 pm

XViper wrote:
I remember this being discussed somewhere before Smile
Exactly my point. I also remember it being discussed sometime before but just seemed to fizzle out I suppose.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:01 am

You can count on that Scaren. Wink

Capital Armies CAN be destroyed too.

And...

I dare you not to open this...:
Back to top Go down
Gimli

Gimli

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

Awesome!! Very Happy Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Savvage

Savvage

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:46 am

Noo! I way for spenders to even send out personal armies!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 12:48 am

Savvage wrote:
Noo! I way for spenders to even send out personal armies!

Not necessarily, as they will be directly controlled by the Guild itself and not attached to players. Wink

They can also be upgraded and they will require maintenance.
Back to top Go down
Dobraine

Dobraine

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 am

Oh my, didn't see that one coming!
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 9:04 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
You can count on that Scaren. Wink

And...

Ah nice very awesome  bounce 
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:16 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:

How? I've seen an army get "lost" exactly ONE time before. It was the Light army on Olympus and I have no idea what Dark side did to accomplish this feat. I made a little bit of a deal about it in Faction chat, but I don't know that anyone has any idea of how to destroy the Light/Dark army...at least that I have spoken to about this.

Up until that point I had no idea that it was possible for a capital army to be defeated/lost...and until I read your post I was unsure if it was an entirely random event. I know that on Erevos there were times where an inordinate amount of CPs were spent on a hex that was being attacked by an army just to offset the kind of damage the army was going to deal...but I never saw this lead to a Capital army's defeat while on Erevos.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 pm

If it is fighting in a tile that lost connection to other light territories at the end of the cycle the capital army is lost.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:06 pm

ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

How? I've seen an army get "lost" exactly ONE time before. It was the Light army on Olympus and I have no idea what Dark side did to accomplish this feat. I made a little bit of a deal about it in Faction chat, but I don't know that anyone has any idea of how to destroy the Light/Dark army...at least that I have spoken to about this.

Up until that point I had no idea that it was possible for a capital army to be defeated/lost...and until I read your post I was unsure if it was an entirely random event. I know that on Erevos there were times where an inordinate amount of CPs were spent on a hex that was being attacked by an army just to offset the kind of damage the army was going to deal...but I never saw this lead to a Capital army's defeat while on Erevos.

He means in the future the armies will be able to be influenced by players and destroyed. Right now as far as I know which I believe is correct is that fighting where a dark or light army is fighting has no consequences on the army and it's conquest point gain.
Back to top Go down
ysosad
The Restless

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:31 pm

Tibr wrote:
If it is fighting in a tile that lost connection to other light territories at the end of the cycle the capital army is lost.

That could mean as little as one or as many as five regions. I also recall (on Erevos) a region getting hit that was behind the front line. Granted, it is possible that it works differently on Olympus OR that this was changed after I witness the occurrence. Again, just one explicit confirmation on how we can attack or defend1 against the other Army.

Thanks Tibr.

1: (Just thinking out loud here) The distinction between the two being that while "defending" might reduce/prevent CP damage, "attacking" or "defeating" the Capital army would not just do that, but might also lead to a longer than usual respawn of the other Capital army.

Scaren wrote:
ysosad wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

He means in the future the armies will be able to be influenced by players and destroyed. Right now as far as I know which I believe is correct is that fighting where a dark or light army is fighting has no consequences on the army and it's conquest point gain.

You might be correct. However, the response he gave could be taken to mean that it is a currently possible....so I'm looking for clarification on which it is, and if it is the way I interpreted it, then how this could be accomplished.

Thanks Scaren.

Last edited by ysosad on Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added a response to Tibr's post)
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 12:48 am

Yes i was stating how it works on erevos. Probably same scheme on olympus. Anything about the "new" capital armies, that will be funded by guilds and their future "destruction" is unknown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The light/dark armies   The light/dark armies I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The light/dark armies
Page 1 of 1