Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Simeron77089

Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... Empty
PostSubject: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:43 am

it BUSTED it when I clearly clicked REPAIR.

This is the SECOND time this has happened...first time was a GOLD PISTOL that was good too for my archers.

I wrote that one off to a misclick on MY part but since that time, I have made doubly sure to click the right hex.

Can I pls have my nice armor back?

Also, as a future suggestion, when you are going to bust something, add a "are you sure" screen.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 7:53 am

Simeron77089 wrote:
I wrote that one off to a misclick on MY part but since that time, I have made doubly sure to click the right hex.

It is simply not possible to trash an item when you click on the Repair icon. Each button is associated with a different command and they cannot be mixed.

Our logs indicate that you did not click on the repair icon, but you either clicked on trash or break icon. I assume that you clicked on the trash icon by accident.

However, even if you click on the Trash icon there is a confirmation pop up.

Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... Trash_10
Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:02 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Simeron77089 wrote:

It is simply not possible to trash an item when you click on the Repair icon. Each button is associated with a different command and they cannot be mixed.

Our logs indicate that you did not click on the repair icon, but you either clicked on trash or break icon. I assume that you clicked on the trash icon by accident.

This was not a TRASH...it BUSTED it and gave me a common frag and an uncommon frag for armor.

This is the second time it did this.

The first time I got a single GOLD weapons frag for my +9 range 6% drop pistol and I figured it was me hitting the wrong hex but a pixel or two so I was extra careful to make sure I hit the REPAIR hex.

And there was no warning screen.
Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:03 am

[quote="Simeron77089"]
RuneSlayer wrote:
Simeron77089 wrote:

and no, I did NOT click the BREAK icon.

As I said...I have been EXTRA CAREFUL not do to that since I lost that Gold weapon. This happens ALOT around maintenance time.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:11 am

Simeron77089 wrote:

As I said...I have been EXTRA CAREFUL not do to that since I lost that Gold weapon. This happens ALOT around maintenance time.

In order to receive fragments from an item, you NEED to go through the break button and the confirmation window, otherwise the process cannot be completed by itself.

Maintenance has nothing to do with the buttons and the processes. They continue to work as intended before and after the maintenance.

Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:21 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Simeron77089 wrote:

In order to receive fragments from an item, you NEED to go through the break button and the confirmation window, otherwise the process cannot be completed by itself.

Maintenance has nothing to do with the buttons and the processes. They continue to work as intended before and after the maintenance.

Well I can tell you with 100% certainty the following three things.

1) I clicked REPAIR button.

This is because as I said I lost a GOLD GUN that was very nice and thought I did EXACTLY what you said I did this time.

2) I got NO confirmation screen.

I certainly would not have continued destroying an item I wanted. I'm not drunk nor stupid enough to do that.

3) Instead of REPAIRING as I said it BUSTED it and gave me 1 common and 1 uncommon frag for armor.

I was what the hell how did I get frags then I realized what had happened and came and made my post here.

I said in chat the same thing and was told "Don't play around maintenance." and that kinda indicates this kind of stuff happens around that time.

The GOLD gun was destroyed at maintenance time too.....sigh

Whatever...its a nice piece of equipment. I mean I will pitch a fit over a +9 end green armor to get it back but won't on a +9 range 6% drop GOLD gun...ahuh...

I logged the bug...ignore it as you wish or think I am just being a rip off artist...I just won't freaking do anything around maintenance no more as the player base told me.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:27 am

Simeron,

it is extremely unprobable that the repair button would break the item instead.. I have found that you have broken/trashed your armor and double checked that there are confirmation windows for both trashing and breaking an item.

Is there anyone else that has encountered a similar issue?
Xargos
Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 8:45 am

Xargos wrote:
Simeron,

it is extremely unprobable that the repair button would break the item instead.. I have found that you have broken/trashed your armor and double checked that there are confirmation windows for both trashing and breaking an item.

Is there anyone else that has encountered a similar issue?
Xargos

Others said in chat not to do things around maintenance.

I can tell you I am 100% certain what I did on this one...no doubt whatsoever in my mind.

I have made it a point to make SURE I am clicking repair since I lost that gold gun because I think I did EXACTLY as what is being said I did on this armor...I hit the wrong hex and busted it instead of repairing it.

That was a week or two ago.

Since that time, I simply slapped myself for being in to big a rush, made a new gold gun (xbow this time) for my archers and moved on thinking I have to be extra careful to not be in such a rush.

I have done that each time I repair since....so I know I hit repair and I didn't get a screen on my end...because I certainly would not have broken the armor I wanted to keep. To what end?

You can't get better (to my knowledge) then +9 on a green item and only ONE thing can be on a green also (to my knowledge).

It makes no sense for me to break the item for parts. Absolutely none.

And as I said, I have been extra careful to AVOID the very scenario that is being described here because I thought (and still think) I did that with a gold gun before.

So here is the situation...

I have already said I was a dumb arse with a GOLD item and did the very thing that I'm told I did with this green item. So its not about saving face.

I'm not asking for the GOLD item back which is better then the green one I lost so it certainly isn't the items.

And I didn't expect I would GET the item back regardless...I am an old fart in real life and a long time beta tester and have worked on computers since the days of punch cards (yes I am that old..will be 47 in a matter of days).

I still carry a POINTED pocket knife and will to my dying day because I learned how to hack those punch cards with a pointed blade.

I'm telling you what happened...however impossible it is.

Maybe its a once in a lifetime, never will happen again, the stars and planets happened to align just right and Sim didn't have his coffee yet this morning even though for once he has a full 8 hours sleep on him moment in the cosmos....

But the scenario I laid out is exactly what happened.

I'm used to not getting things back when a bug eats it. That is SOP for games. It sucks when its legit but too many ppl would come crying about items being wiped out to get freebies...I get it...I really do and I understand.

But I am telling you this isnt the case here.

yeah I would love to get that armor back...but its not that big a deal. I am already making a new green armor and I bust alot of common and green stuff just because I get a lower then average number on it when it appears.

If I get a 1, 2 or 3 on a common...its busted.

4, 5 or 6 on green....busted normally though 6 I keep till it runs down.

Hero stuff gets a slightly better life chance...I normally wear it down to 0 before busting it cause its 5 frags and alot more gold.

But regardless...I do tend to bust ALOT of gear that is brand new just cause I don't want my troops going into battle with less then average gear for the level of gear.

I can tell you I certainly would NOT have broken this armor.

Especially after losing that golden gun in what I believe is the exact way you are saying here...that one I will say is MY fault..and that is why I didn't bug it and just bitched to vent some steam at myself...even called myself a dumbass for doing it..I know better.

It was one of those too much going on in real life and I didn't pay attention to slap my own hand and move on.

THIS time is not that case.

How you proceed is up to you...I made the report like a good little player in the hopes to avoid this happening to other players.

When I said in global chat about it the response was exactly as I said...

Don't play around maintenance.

Not..don't repair around it...or don't battle around it...simply log the freak off and don't play....

I kinda figure that isn't where BC wants to be...that when they say its maintenance time their entire playerbase logs off.

But that is me...heh
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:06 am

Simeron77089 wrote:
I kinda figure that isn't where BC wants to be...that when they say its maintenance time their entire playerbase logs off.

The only thing that locks 15 mins before the game goes down for maintenance is battles. All the rest of the processes can be conducted normally. There is no line in the code that says otherwise.

I am not saying you are trying to get your armor back or trying anything that is not ethical, but we have no indication whatsoever that something went wrong from our side. In fact, we have logs which indicate that you broke the item and received fragments by doing so. We cannot replicate it because it has the same possibility of happening as pressing the Start on the micowave oven and be teleported to the future. It is simply not built that way...

If it is a 1 in a 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times thing, then....lets hit Las Vegas together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2014 9:35 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Simeron77089 wrote:

The only thing that locks 15 mins before the game goes down for maintenance is battles. All the rest of the processes can be conducted normally. There is no line in the code that says otherwise.

I am not saying you are trying to get your armor back or trying anything that is not ethical, but we have no indication whatsoever that something went wrong from our side. In fact, we have logs which indicate that you broke the item and received fragments by doing so. We cannot replicate it because it has the same possibility of happening as pressing the Start on the micowave oven and be teleported to the future. It is simply not built that way...

If it is a 1 in a 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times thing, then....lets hit Las Vegas together. Smile

I understand.

What I will do from now on is what the playerbase has said and simply log off once maintenance is announced and come back after. Or at the least NOT try to repair anything when the note is up.

I understand what the logs say. And I understand why they say it.

I also understand what I clicked and that I was very careful to do so.

I said I received the frags too.

The logs reflect what the server received and responded to when I made a mouse click.

The fact that what I clicked did not correspond to what happened is why they call it a bug as you know.

Regardless...these are facts...

I have said what I did and I am 100% certain that what I said is what I did.

There is nothing more that will be done on it. I reported the bug and on your side you don't see a bug. So until others come forward with the same bug, its a dead issue.

No replacement gear is given and that is fine. I understand why that is the situation as I said. This ain't my first rodeo.

I started beta testing in Illusia which was a MUD (Multi User Dungeon for you youngsters) and have made the rounds. I beta tested EQ, EQ2, DAoC, WoW, and more.

NWN1 I spent 2 years working on as a tester. You can even see the first small shield is MINE..and I mean the guys put it in as a nod to me and I am quite proud of that. Lord Simeron Steelhammer has always been a dwarven Loresmith...well..35 years now heh...

And I understand where we are at on this discussion.

I just want y'all to understand that my position, unlike the previous times, has not changed on this one because there is no room for doubt on my side unlike the others where even though I am 99.99% sure, I am willing to give that .01% the benefit of the doubt.

Oh, and for the record, I have a feeling this was a HERO set of armor to boot.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 3:11 am

Hey Simeron,

At first, greatly thanks for your support and effort, it is by all means appreciated. Smile

I just wanted to point out that it'is not a matter of truth or deceit. If that was really a bug, then that would really create havoc to the game as players are heavily repairing stuff all the time and we would receive hundreds of complaints about it.

Always under the community's loyal service,
Xargos
Back to top Go down
Simeron77089

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2014 7:38 am

Xargos wrote:
Hey Simeron,

At first, greatly thanks for your support and effort, it is by all means appreciated. Smile

I just wanted to point out that it'is not a matter of truth or deceit. If that was really a bug, then that would really create havoc to the game as players are heavily repairing stuff all the time and we would receive hundreds of complaints about it.

Always under the community's loyal service,
Xargos

I understand.

It could be it only happens once something starts during maintenance as I mentioned. The common thought in the community, at least as far as I am told, is DONT REPAIR OR DO ANYTHING during a maintenance time. Simply log off till AFTER it runs.

The two times this has happened to me have been when the maintenance is about to run.

What I have taken to now is taking a time stamped screen shot each time I am going to repair. That forces me to slow down and make SURE which hexigon I am hitting.

Of course we have not gotten a maintenance message yet so there is no chance to duplicate the bug yet....if it exists as I think it does.

And it could be one of those wonderful 1 in a googleplex things that I happen to find twice...this is my luck..if it ticks me off or is bad, I get it no matter the odd but let me try to hit the lotto or something and Vegas just laughs at me and points me to the free buffet and says "At least you can fill your belly with booze and food before you hitchhike home sucka. You come back when you got more money for us."
 lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....   Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor.... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just lost a +9 endurance uncommon armor....
Page 1 of 1