Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Invisible Battlefield...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Zep

Zep

Invisible Battlefield... Empty
PostSubject: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 pm

I swear I have the worst luck with battles.

Invisible Battlefield... Invisi10

Again, I did not tamper with anything. I finished one battle with Group 1 and started another with Group 2, the initial screen showed up, then everything is black, I can hear the armies marching and all but no interface.

Full size image --> here.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:43 am

Hello CycLonite,

First of all thanks for all these kinds of bug reports. You make my day every day Very Happy

For your issues with the battlefield seems that you have been stressing flash player a lot (50 tabs??? really??? Razz ), so Flash Player seems that in order to clear up some space dumps Textures (gui, units, all of them except the cursor, depends on its mood each day).

I'll probably add a check before each battle and load textures again if they are dumped. Though I still need to confirm that they are somehow cleared and pinpoint the bug, maybe I can prevent this from happening at all.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:35 am

Thanks LightShield,

I am happy to help test. I understand I have a huge amount of tabs open usually, but not all are running flash or any type of multimedia. It's usually a few wikis / developer forums, email accounts etc. but yesterday being a Sunday, I had about 4 Tabs running and besides BC only Youtube had flashplayer running. I do understand that multiple flashplayer instances can cause a problem. If you need me to run something that would gather a debug log or something let me know.

The funny thing about this particular instance is, I made two groups earlier yesterday. I battle twice once with group 1 and then with the group 2. I finished a battle with group 1 which went normal. I went to Manage City and set all the units in Group 1 to heal. Then went to Battle again with Group 2. This time the blank screen.

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 6:54 am

Same thing just happened to me, blank battlefield -.-

Invisible Battlefield... Invisi11

Full size Image ---> here.

I think am going to go crazy.... confused
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 7:02 am

CycLonite wrote:

Same thing just happened to me, blank battlefield -.-

Invisible Battlefield... Invisi11

Full size Image ---> here.

I think am going to go crazy.... confused

Did you see the preloader screen normally before the black screen?
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 9:24 am

I had had this happen to me before as well, I think it has to do with timing out and then reconnecting. If you do this and do not close the window and reopen facebook, I have this happen, but when closing the tab and reopening it seems to make it go away. Same thing on loading screen crashes. If I go afk, get the reload screen and just hit it to reload, I can get either problem, but not when I close and reopen.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 3:56 am

On my 44th Battle today I got the blank screen. I know I have the Achievement but it sucks I want region 32 Badly, and this costs me exp & time.... Embarassed Sad
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 4:14 am

CycLonite wrote:

On my 44th Battle today I got the blank screen. I know I have the Achievement but it sucks I want region 32 Badly, and this costs me exp & time.... Embarassed Sad

It hurts us more than you, knowing that we have the remedy and we can't upload it until we are finished with some minor details. We should be able to patch the game tomorrow, Friday the latest. Hold your grudges (against the other Faction) and stamina for when the game goes live. You will need all the stamina of the world! Smile
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 8:37 am

Hello CycLonite,

I've managed to recreate your bug. It seems that against my first impression, the problem isn't exactly flash memory but texture memory. As it preloads the data for the battlefield, it is unable to store the textures and use them to draw the battlefield.

It is yet to be fixed but I know what needs to be done now. With the next versions you'll start to see some improvements.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am

Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome! Embarassed

I haven't been fighting rather not fought in last 4-5 days 0 Battles. I am actually waiting for both PvP and the fortress defences to be activated to retake the fortress Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:14 am

CycLonite wrote:

Thanks a lot! You guys are awesome! Embarassed

I haven't been fighting rather not fought in last 4-5 days 0 Battles. I am actually waiting for both PvP and the fortress defences to be activated to retake the fortress Embarassed

So...you are not waiting for the:

1) Reward System (Resources, except from gold, will drop as well.)

2) New cost values for units

3) Capital attacks

4) Capital upgrades

5) Crafting system

6) Battle changes (fog of war, bonuses/penalties related to landscape, etc.)

..... etc. etc.

Right? Wink
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:15 am

Ok...ok...one more, cause I really can't hold it inside me.

Guild conquest/competition system and control of regions? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 10:20 am

You sir are a Mind-Reader!!!!

All hail the Voice!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Invisible Battlefield...   Invisible Battlefield... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Invisible Battlefield...
Page 1 of 1