Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

AP System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mts024

AP System  Empty
PostSubject: AP System    AP System  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:42 pm

I like how the AP system has made battles tougher however, with the tougher battles the rewards haven't in turn gone up making it next to impossible for new players with only Light infantry to actually gain anything from battles. I have completed 1 battle where I only fought enemies when I outnumbered them 2 to 1 and flanked but doing this X ammount of times still takes it's toll on my units. I got the same ammount of resources after the battle but the cost of healing my troops ended up costing me an extra 200 gold. My suggestion would be either to scale down how many enemies appear vs your AP or increases if nothing else the gold rewards enough to where it's possible to gain gold after the battle. The other suggestion to combat the increased gold cost of battles would be to increase gold yield from the smelter.
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

AP System  Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP System    AP System  I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm going to have to agree with mts. Having done numerous battles tonight in PvE solo, and a PvP match with Discord i've noticed a few things.

1st, there seems to be a significant issue regarding units sent by the AI in comparison to your own units, my first 2 solo NM's of the night were roughly 500-550 AP with 5 units, resulting in the AI having 9 and 10 units, both cases because it was NM 4-5 of those were lvl 10 units. Having adjusted to 4 units and fully equipping them with godlike/epic/rare i can get back to minimal casualties and face anywhere from 8-12 units. While the increased experience is great (helped me get my heavy to 10 tonight) there are no increased rewards for significantly harder battles because solo PvE seem to run within a certain range regardless of units killed. I was only able to do 1 co-op so little to say about that for the time being, though i think some others had some issues there as well.

Finally in my PvP match with Discord i've found that because less units are used rewards are also significantly reduced, where i used to gain in excess of 2k gold for a large scale PvP a 500 AP battle yielded just under 800 which means with the new system there is no longer any significant resource gain to really make it worth a player's time considering the potential long downtimes that result from losing.

As it seems to be a significant issue for newer players i would recommend finding some way to adjust how the AP in solo PvE (especially at lower difficulties) works to avoid chasing them away, increase rewards somewhat for higher solo difficulties some how using AP as a multiplier for the difficulty, and again for PvP adjusting rewards based upon AP in place of just casualties (reasoning for this is i assume if i send 4 against 9-10 i can still potentially get the old 2k+ gold reward, yet the player or players who sent those 9-10 may be stuck splitting the minor rewards for killing 4 units which at this point seems to be below 1k)
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

AP System  Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP System    AP System  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:24 am

Valid points. Although we want the battle to be as balanced as possible when a player is using items and heroes, it is very important that the challenge and the rewards are equally balanced according to the difficulty chosen.

We will proceed with the following remedy:

1) On Easy and Normal difficulties, the AI will never have more units than the player's army. It is quite discouraging to play on Easy or Normal and face total annihilation. Smile Maybe we were too harsh here.

2) On Hard difficulty, the AI may have up to 3 more units than the player's army. It is significantly lower than the current status which was up to 10 units. The gold reward will be increased.

3) On CO-OP, the AI may have up to 3 more units for each player participating. Again, this will be significantly lower than the current status. The gold reward will be increased.

4) On Nightmare...well, it is nightmare. No changes there, in terms of AI composition, BUT we will increase the gold reward.

Finally, we will decrease the APs value of Heroes, as they may be a bit "over-valuated".

The above changes will be done with today's update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AP System  Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP System    AP System  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AP System
Page 1 of 1