Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Artillery stray shots

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tibr

Tibr

Artillery stray shots Empty
PostSubject: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:34 am

I just had a nm battle and i was wondering why my bolt launchers dont hit anything .. at all. Then i noticed shots going about 45° or more in the wrong direction.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:41 am

Tibr wrote:
I just had a nm battle and i was wondering why my bolt launchers dont hit anything .. at all. Then i noticed shots going about 45° or more in the wrong direction.
Your bolt throwers need some training. Wink

No bug.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:43 am

This is an old bug. I had my Cavalry run at the target at a 50 degrees angle. Smile The enemy cavalry also seemed a bit wobbly.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:46 am

Rune this is nothing about training, its my everyday nightmare setup with lvl 12 bolts. And they have done the job uptil now. Suddenly some shots go stray BIG time, not just 5-15° deviation as usual. I am telling you 45+°
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 am

Noticed it also: After first command, some units run into a different direction.
The green line stays and they are running and running to an other point, till i renew the command.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:02 am

Takes several commands to get them on track too. Also my cannons are doing nonsense as well. At one point they were aiming straight up. Definitely an old bug resurfacing, Rune! Can't find the original report though Sad
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:03 am

Ok then...Bug it is.
Back to top Go down
WorldEater

WorldEater

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:06 am

Tibr wrote:
5-15° deviation as usual.
And then the Lights complain about Dark artillery not needing LOS (Not you specifically, Tibr, just many players that don't see it from our side). Jeez, I would trade for this kinda accuracy anytime.
No, not really, lol

But the diversity is what makes races and factions unique, so some voices that ask for two kinds for artillery for both sides, just don't see that it would make the game more boring.

Sorry for off topic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:10 am

Another guildmate just called his artillery that he was using all the time "mentally challenged cannons". There is something wrong.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:11 am

lol had my cannons aim at the enemy by turning their backs to them too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:22 am

Found and resolved. Quick hotfix coming up.
Back to top Go down
Piktas

Piktas

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:28 am

BugHammer of RuneSlayer reigns supreme cheers 
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 am

Pathfinding optimizations which created some problems in movement and shooting. It is now resolved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artillery stray shots   Artillery stray shots I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artillery stray shots
Page 1 of 1