Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Konnecting to Kongregate

Go down 
+4
Pearl
lightshield
RuneSlayer
Tops
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tops

Konnecting to Kongregate Empty
PostSubject: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 5:21 pm

So for all of today I've been unable to load BC. Every time I try, it simply stops on the "Konnecting to Kongregate" text and never goes any further.

A fix for this would be appreciated, I'm already over 12k of each resource down :/
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:41 am

We managed to resolve a very big issue with people getting stuck at loading screens which should be resolved now. Let us know if it isn't...

We are on it Tops.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 am

Just attempted again. Still nothing. :/
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:47 am

No worries. We are on it.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 1:56 am

Tops, can you please clear your cache and try to connect one more time?

We have uploaded a new preloader and added some traces to be able to have a better look at that particular point where you are getting stuck.

Let us know.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 2:11 am

I've made some changes on the Preloader to pinpoint the issue. At this point the preloader is trying to load the Kongregate api through flash. The url is the one that we are given by kongregate and is the same for all users.

You are not using Private Browsing, are you? Or have any plugins in your browser that could affect flash? If the problem persists could you try another browser and tell me if you managed to connect?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
... can you please clear your cache and try to connect one more time?

We have uploaded a new preloader and added some traces to be able to have a better look at that particular point where you are getting stuck.

Let us know.
To assist in tracing this ...

First, how to clear a browser cache ...

Note: For context please see:  red arrows, discussion on size of arrows & elves

Also see The great elf debate .. where a developer weighs in...

lightshield wrote:
I'm not the artist who made this (hell, i'm not an artist at all. Not even close to one), but according to the dress code of BC I would vote for human.
It's far from a decisive vote though. Maybe it's a Quest Faerie, thus being as tenacious as it is.
Konnecting to Kongregate ZfhJcRet25-991dK0LUFj_4zH4znRLQj0kqdhDTMjZPF5DECf40_OpyOUWAss5wHIlSnFlpiOpSUV87ikVIKGJp_y-jq7t_7jLno1ZxtBnHtqHSNQtp0oVBSkA

Here an elf here explains how to clear a browser cache in firefox & auditions for quest giver job with a sample of different colored arrow...

Proceeding to timing tests that will hopefully be helpful:

Konnecting to Kongregate N_qYnZuKYsYlxswMH-DleQ0crPCuXH_mZPs5jMnVnbLEMHNSd3j04IvOkPTpQrVzCbX6qEY29rCPWLOsS0v_KrN_nBmQRNk4FhNrUKw7f9a77od7g2CwAmFUgA

This shows entering the game took Six minutes, 33 seconds on a reasonably fast connection & how long each step took (also included timestamps in Easter Daylight Timezone & a final timestamp from inside the game - 3 seconds after game started).
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 am

Your fancy purple text, while looking nice, is quite hard to read Joyce. Smile
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:23 am

@Joyce

What do you mean in the 2nd step that connecting took 22 seconds? Connecting happens after the preloader finishes loading. Tops is referring to a step after the loading has completed where the kongregate api isn't yet loaded.
That text "Konnnecting to Kongregate" appears only if the api isn't loaded, otherwise you get thrown at the city. In case the api has been loaded before the loading completes it isn't shown at all.

Last edited by lightshield on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:25 am

XViper wrote:
Your fancy purple text, while looking nice, is quite hard to read Joyce. Smile
Konnecting to Kongregate G8W6Hd0vtOveMFIFWmBVhj1GqrrqyFbsQd-zMY5DaDtaC2H5ajfvzG6vQo2z5ifA_6HmU0WgidqjxKHk2FGqdaYMZEmNe3HmfX879e_XNpAFITZ4RCCS-QqaTQ

Here is an example of the future font, size & color ... I hope this is more satisfactory to your tastes Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:26 am

That font in purple would probably be ok.

Lightish blue on white is hard to read Smile
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:33 am

I vote for Konnecting to Kongregate Kjtl
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:41 am

XViper wrote:
That font in purple would probably be ok.

Lightish blue on white is hard to read Smile
Konnecting to Kongregate R69zGYkIxfa98x1s8vC3S9IH_UWmoZU8KdFMMuXIlioRhYRxPoTjOoYwTklKLjwr_gBbzOAP9nQeQRU2lxE7Sm-AYCNkdasbJnumm1e01EClKc_vhuEwlS9Dkg

*wanders off muttering about men such as Xviper & Fyrr appearing to lack the ability to appreciate aesthetic art, colors, & pwetty fonts

Tibr wrote:
I vote for Konnecting to Kongregate Kjtl
Wow, that is nice use of colors & font!  --- I might try that also

lightshield wrote:
@Joyce

What do you mean in the 2nd step that connecting took 22 seconds? Connecting happens after the preloader finishes loading. Tops is referring to a step after the loading has completed where the kongregate api isn't yet loaded.
That text "Konnnecting to Kongregate" appears only if the api isn't loaded, otherwise you get thrown at the city. In case the api has been loaded before the loading completes it isn't shown at all.
I mean from the time I entered the URL in the browser tab, until this appeared in the flash loader:

Konnecting to Kongregate NYTzwLPLDaCNob8zS2w_Vxn8LE9u6EAGbD_1yElG5zfgHtZbvgCYbNkwUCE2DTtoSJmMTatV2JdeLmqmR45GW4VyYzn2JS0-fadTj2wDThfR-TSubiKYs9sY4g

Took a total of 22 second (it was loading the Kongregate web page, and then inside of the Kongregate web page the flash loader which shows that 'connecting' message).

Sorry it was unclear in the original picture.

I was doing a test with a clear browser cache to see how long a full load took.

Without clearing the cache it takes me 19 second to enter the game (which is way nicer than six minutes & 33 seconds -- so nice job on caching).

Last edited by Joyce on Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XViper

XViper

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 3:43 am

*hugs* & <3 Joyce.

Hugs and Love Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 am

What is with the random elf on the bottom left Joyce?
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:21 am

Cleared cache, still nothing

Was able to access from a different computer while at school, for what that's worth in ruling things out.
Back to top Go down
Tops

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:24 am

Disabled HTTPS Everywhere, got it to work.

Which is odd since HTTPS Everywhere doesn't directly affect Kong. My guess would be that it affected some website you guys have something going through, because that extension hasn't changed any other games for me in the past, or even this one until just now.
Back to top Go down
Xargos

Xargos

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:01 am

It should be working normally now. Please report to us back in case of experiencing similar issues.

Thank you,
Xargos
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:13 am

Ellthune wrote:
What is with the random elf on the bottom left Joyce?
Ellthune, please see here: Big Red Arrow.  The idea on the picture, is that she was doing a job application with a sample of her work with "medium" sized, differently colored, arrows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Konnecting to Kongregate   Konnecting to Kongregate I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Konnecting to Kongregate
Page 1 of 1