Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Remove BRA

Go down 
+2
Pearl
Broodzero
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Broodzero

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:21 am

B ig
R ed
A rrow

What were you all thinking about?? It's back and as annoying as ever.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 9:42 am

From the thread named Post Patch Comments:

Bobba wrote:
7) That giant red arrow is very ugly. I think it was fine before, didn't even have problems with it as a new player. But the giant red arrow almost makes me leap out of my seat every time it pops up!
Same thread:

RuneSlayer wrote:
Well, we added a counter and a trigger. Once a player completes 8 storyline quests the arrow disappears. Are you still having it?
Yes, yes we are still seeing it ... mostly since I can't complete any more storyline quests! (I finished them more than 2 months ago) -- so I am stuck with the red arrow even after doing 100+ quests ...

I can post a picture later, when a new quest comes up ...

Broodzero wrote:
B ig
R ed
A rrow

What were you all thinking about??  It's back and as annoying as ever.
Yes, 100% agreed.   We liked the previous arrow way more!
Developers, ... If the users whine too much again -- threaten them you will make the arrow this size to keep them in line! Wink... Signed, Anonymous

Important Note: The above suggestion is passed on from an anonymous user, Joyce pretends to deny any responsibility for such an absurd suggestion Cool 

Remove BRA 4ObgVxz1cVmMTHmhIguV3pALPk9PqEL5s_QjYPAV9kj5qb0B63-r9LnVgEts3gOkHGZ_hiwSoyS2o0cNE1-FJyHGyMNYKqRX9UjlQQBStZ1mO3_3-V-EA_TVUA

Remove BRA KDfZByvwkW98_NXHuwePF2RmggbTtb0WrTyqziV36X4Ip9SvYL-n4ncoYzGTF6jlDjsor08yhrrofapvyOgP6FxaJbU6XgHeLuWcYPyhSJ1UX4IHMNMYwsmiqwUPDATE #1: The picture on the left is from about October 28, 2013, 19:00.  No big red arrow appears, although there was one earlier today, apparently it is intermittent when the red arrow shows up.  I'll get more details later

UPDATE #2: I finally found the culprit Cool

Yes, believe it or not, the culprit is the quest elf (or half elf or human).

He convinces you to click on 'Guide me', which restarts the guide ... (if you do not click on 'Guide me' then no red arrow appears.

Such sneaky behavior lends some credence, though still inconclusive, that he is an elf, as per the Great Elf Debate:

Ellthune wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
lol................Seriously................? lol
Only you can finish this debate.
So -- elf, half-elf, human?  Which is it?

Curious minds want to know!
Remove BRA TFKHIEiXgBbp952P3bXwxCOJqa7du05wYmyWUU6aHKJDb56SuAXAHSmNZG-rQMUuXqUiFd7Q1QvoQ16sy6RQ2N96vnuVSaoWNNamvgO6pe41O1v4o4QUrIeyWw

Here for the those who are not faint at heart, the red arrows in all their glory (after click on 'Guide me') ...

Remove BRA Y58QIcKDpAxD65YPUsSRBc8yMdKUVmRP0GncGZ_g-bBSe20mOJ3m1RdY9ichBuuGIuqk0trjOEGK0FLHWXLjPFnWhPg1-aXbtPVcRSFyhJNY42seYSLRRYlyIQ

P.S.: I'm glad I'm on the opposite faction from Fyrr ... I'd be in serious trouble otherwise for posting an unreduced 100% picture Razz
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:05 am

I am trying to understand here.

So the arrow only appears when you click on "Guide me"...

So why is this a problem? The arrow is there to "guide the player".

Does it appear in other cases, even when a player has finished 6-8 storyline quests in total?
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:31 am

Well at least I noticed arrow only after clicking 'guide me' and nowhere else. I guess people click the 'guide me' quite often? scratch 

It's more about the design and size of the arrow than its triggering imo.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 1:57 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
I am trying to understand here.

So the arrow only appears when you click on "Guide me"...
Apparently, yes, from previous testing. I will test more ...

Runeslayer wrote:
So why is this a problem? The arrow is there to "guide the player".
Reasons:

• I use it for a very different purpose than to guide me:

• Say I have 3 regions quests, one expiring in 15 minutes, and another in an hour, and another in 2 hours.
    • I want to finish the one that expires in 15 minutes, quickly
    • The fastest way to correlate which quest to which region is by clicking on 'Guide Me' -- but really we are using it as a short cut, for which 'Show Me which quest I need to finish first before it expires'

• We got used to the smaller yellow arrow
  • The big red arrow is bigger ... and its red ... (though both are arrows, to be fair)
  • We get set in our ways and got used to the pretty smaller yellow arrow, and we liked the old ways, more than the new way.
  • It not really a problem, just a personal preference, and as is quite evident the users like to tease you Runeslayer, or whine, or complain ... I mean we all know if you change the arrow to smaller & yellow again the reddists will complain that you are favoring the yellowists ....

A slightly irrelevant pretty picture just to add color to this post ...

.... though as usual, it very indirectly communicates a subtle point ... in this case ... there is more to decision making & preferences than we often acknolwedge ...

... we are not really as rational as we often pretend to be ... Wink
Remove BRA U0lC_PaqgZihHsjclAdQ5bYpDbiyNxvcvo8K6DUDS6ixmkvWO44MVRAqqOuD51hWf2Ff-S32Rji2eapwCNk6y5M5x6aUjHoK6b0LTLwLAueXUQaOdxiVDZbJvQ

Runeslayer wrote:
Does it appear in other cases, even when a player has finished 6-8 storyline quests in total?
Will continue to test, but again, probably not ...

Note: I've recently been made aware that some people find it hard to understand my roleplaying communication style (my apologies I had forgotten this); so for the benefit of those player; to interpret the above into plain prosaic English:
[list]
[*]Its a personal preference mostly, not a problem.
[*]Its great the users are so passionate about the game & want to communicate their feelings to the developers
[*]On the bigger picture, it doesn't really matter -- though its always nice when the developers listen to the community & change the game based on that
[*]The big red arrow was a bit of a shock for a day or so, and now I am used to it.
[*]In fact, if its changed back, it will be a bit of a shock again.
[*]My answer on its bigger & red not smaller & yellow are an indirect serious response -- its an emotional issue, rather than intellectual issue -- and to therefore answer the question honestly on the emotional level
[list]

Joyce wrote:
Such sneaky behavior lends some credence, though still inconclusive, that he is an elf, as per the Great Elf Debate:

Ellthune wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
lol................Seriously................? lol
Only you can finish this debate.
So -- elf, half-elf, human? Which is it?

Curious minds want to know!
My question has been evaded yet again .. Rolling Eyes

Speaking of personal preference ...

.. you could settle the great elf debate ...

... by replacing his picture with something like this ...

... I'm sure most users would be quite happy with that change and you will get very few complains, if any! Wink
Remove BRA FM9jcqIXEc2sD9gDPDTwtb5RZS8LhPIla-0Z7I1IR8GS4snrbVle5QpD_rG24WSuqDZkpaxVFPRoK-i0dMZ68yBs508xrwlKUftbVig2V_1A761N5qOZbtEAhQ

Sample image that no one will argue about if is an elf or not!

Fyrr wrote:
Well at least I noticed arrow only after clicking 'guide me' and nowhere else. I guess people click the 'guide me' quite often? scratch

It's more about the design and size of the arrow than its triggering imo.
Yes, exactly what Fyrr said!! +1. Fyrr communicates so much more succinctly than me --- I wish I had that gift!
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 4:19 am

Joyce....I LOVE your posts... Smile

So, I guess the main problem with the arrow is the ARROW ITSELF...correct? Not the mechanism...

This can easy be changed...
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 6:31 am

Joyce wrote:
Yes, exactly what Fyrr said!! +1. Fyrr communicates so much more succinctly than me --- I wish I had that gift!
I sometimes write looong posts too when in the mood, though still more to the point(s). Not bothered to atm.
Funny how you always find space to quote me.

RuneSlayer wrote:
So, I guess the main problem with the arrow is the ARROW ITSELF...correct? Not the mechanism...
yes yes the design part

Joyce wrote:
the reddists will complain that you are favoring the yellowists ....
ha, change it to green or something then
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:58 am

the OP problem didn't have anything to do with the guide me button. without any action involving guide me, the BRA started appearing over the weekend, upon selecting a solo attack or defend quest, to point at the guide me button. As of this morning it has ceased to appear.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 7:59 am

Broodzero wrote:
the OP problem didn't have anything to do with the guide me button. without any action involving guide me, the BRA started appearing over the weekend, upon selecting a solo attack or defend quest, to point at the guide me button. As of this morning it has ceased to appear.
This is very strange. Bugs appearing and then disappearing...hmmm We will look into this, though we don't have too much to work with.
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 9:11 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Broodzero wrote:
This is very strange. Bugs appearing and then disappearing...hmmm We will look into this, though we don't have too much to work with.
Possibly once you click on 'Guide Me' the other red arrows appear up to 8 more times (I had them this morning but did not bother to record it).

I'll look into that theory & post updates ...
Fyrr wrote:
Joyce wrote:
the reddists will complain that you are favoring the yellowists ....
ha, change it to green or something then
Oh great, we can have a silly debate on which color the future smaller arrow willl be! Shocked

Red?  Yellow? Green?
Remove BRA LpssRXBNMFRjgnTtogMyc-EOvmjtuGp3UoN1ssbK6NXYUVVxAuk2R4t5G8ODg64bDIhZAul-DfajYB4pdd1MYhFRmkZuWUhHJlyP8XZM05SBC1ddpYFoucnmKA
Back to top Go down
nathor

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2013 12:40 pm

this post made me a little dizzy... all this for a arrow?
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:03 am

Joyce wrote:
I'll look into that theory & post updates ...
The big red arrow is back & after a full day of avoiding it.

Remove BRA Sm02Sb9Ig_XRl0AWyBDMpRP4wZ7YnyNjMKOumqw5fDhU57Yn_OgNApeSlW4tyJrbstoJJ-5ZgdEXtoGcKYGwzlLTxxSH2e_nVGp3pCHAdtQ1mddwIZeh3FsB9w
nathor wrote:
this post made me a little dizzy... all this for a arrow?
Of course this is not really just about an arrow:

1. This is a game, we play game for fun. Logically to me, bug reports for a game can be fun also;
  2. About how to communicate "want" decisions to the developers in a friendly way;
  3. Its about decision making; i.e.: "rational" .vs. "want";
  4. About improving the game with changing the graphic from that of the rather plain looking quest giver to a more colorful quest giver (See picture above). This will help retain customers, yes, really ... customers are not fully rational either! Wink... a picture similar to the cute elf girl I posted, will most definitely help retain more customers than the current plain male quest guy. Do I really need to spell this out? (in simple terms the human eye prefers to look at attractive pictures rather than boring prosaic picture, as long as it is not overdone. Just like we like good music, etc, etc.);
  5. Given full & accurate facts on a bug, to assist the developers (bug tracing is one of the least enjoyable jobs of any developer; especially, when the the bug report is not detailed enough); ALSO, HENCE:
  6. Make the bug reports a little interesting to read, so the task of reading & responding to bug reports is a little more enjoyable than it usually is
  7. I'm just plain silly (Important to have 7 reasons, as 7 is my favorite number Cool)

Compare & contrast

Is it even a contest which quest giver would be more attractive to more customers?

The depth of strategy of course, is the real attracting of Battle Conquest; still simple attractive visuals always help enhance the enjoyment of the game a little more.
Remove BRA FM9jcqIXEc2sD9gDPDTwtb5RZS8LhPIla-0Z7I1IR8GS4snrbVle5QpD_rG24WSuqDZkpaxVFPRoK-i0dMZ68yBs508xrwlKUftbVig2V_1A761N5qOZbtEAhQ
I'm not sure why it came back, as I have been avoiding 'Guide Me'. Might have something to do with logging in again, or a full quest list.

I'll keep trying to observe its behavior.

P.S.: I'm sorry I went overboard & made you dizzy, Nathor. I'll tone it down in future posts. Hopefully that will help
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:05 am

I'll look at it Joyce. That evil arrow shouldn't be there....
Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 6:02 pm

Joyce wrote:
I'm not sure why it came back, as I have been avoiding 'Guide Me'. Might have something to do with logging in again, or a full quest list.

I'll keep trying to observe its behavior.
This appears to be the case.

• #1. I logged in - full quest list, red arrow (picture not shown)
  • #2. I completed the quest
THEN:

#3. A new quest appeared, No Red arrow

Remove BRA S81_4HhFPI7Gao6EHtMZ4G2YXGsU1RkzHqmenFW_fmlC7ARvHlylQgOc0X6KI1YaRKCjRaBE7j3paxU6Jc3dT-R4WHZkpaNrcMgRgHv7SnsH6Ne1Ha4lEbGvqQ

Picture on Halloween, 2013, 01:49:43 server time.
#4. I loggged in again. The Red arrow came back!!

Remove BRA Zw4me1EKlXId_lPCFCJEEkFTK1Vi3NlzhzMRFJOlRfLpqB_oixS258ykSNYFRFeUs7YpnnjHmnsUyHBBfPvIPZ4lZULBiWizI_2kwZtscMM1Kro1isViTJvyug

Picture on Halloween, 2013, 01:51:00 server time.
As can be seen in 1 minutes & 17 seconds to log in again (between #3 & #4), this made the red arrow appear.

This lends credence to the theory that the red arrow appears on login when the quest list is full.

I will keep testing other situations & also if this one is consistent or intermittent.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 2:13 am

Hah, the logic might be that if a person doesn't complete quests and lets them just sit there while he logs out and comes back later - he must not know how to complete quests! So the arrow is there to help in such a case? Awww so cute. (or when the 7th quest doesn't have a space to appear, unrelated to logins?)

Back to top Go down
Pearl

Pearl

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 9:57 am

Joyce wrote:

This lends credence to the theory that the red arrow appears on login when the quest list is full.

I will keep testing other situations & also if this one is consistent or intermittent.
More testing seems to confirm the hypothesis, though still not conclusive ...

In game, no red arrow when the sixth quest appears:

Remove BRA _adApr4rgP9H_ms0aviIkJhvD_AWS3WE-vKoCgjrKu4p91mf6tAMBaLwbl7I5r_ftEAZGpS15L6i4Tf4QJCbGdniOeOGAcJKLMZet7-FPLjvHJJWQd50NKP7Aw

First picture is on November 1st, 2013, 16:51:36 server time
Restart the game, and the red arrow appears:

Remove BRA EmnPFnDFRbpLUS6BX8XK0mZaTOasHpHw5a_TrN4coc4jf9qPuQiYWQ6q_JK9Tevb5oew0ZH8467oMcroBHlXQ-Mn3r-Bt5mWD23vqNOcrqS-LMBinffkycsetQ

Second picture is after restarting the game on November 1st, 2013, 16:54:45 server time

Notes:

• Pictures are at 60% size
  • Regarding "I wand candy shop : D I have 46 candeeys" .. Those without typos have a clear advantage. Wink

Update (18 minutes later than previous part of this post):

I purposefully ran my quest list down to five & then restarted the game.

No big red arrow.

At this juncture, I propose the theory that one of the conditions for the big red arrow to appear is when you have a full quest list & restart the game

Notes:

• About 25% of light faction talk is now discussion of candies!
  • Good job of Anticipation! ... I suggest the rewards be worth the wait *giggles* Wink

Remove BRA LjYsRTQ69ueUCvGiINKdMCvOpWS1pFYMcX_eCdZsAg0Ub-bO_VjhOFuJ2Jn9z6_D70_z2hKFi8xWXeKiy2OjhpDKxfiYZfw8vwUDk-35jmDGstisKDl7RHGjNA

Last edited by Joyce on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Broodzero

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 10:27 am

Fyrr wrote:
Hah, the logic might be that if a person doesn't complete quests and lets them just sit there while he logs out and comes back later - he must not know how to complete quests! So the arrow is there to help in such a case? Awww so cute. (or when the 7th quest doesn't have a space to appear, unrelated to logins?)
I think there might be some merit in the 7th quest point. i just now went into a co-op with 6 quests (no BRA), went to claim finished quests and BRA was pointing to claim reward. claimed reward and received a 7th, now 6th quest and BRA went away.
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 6:10 am

Fixed the BRA.

Next version will have the fix. Thank you all for the help.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:53 am

lightshield wrote:
Fixed the BRA.

ahh you're so cruel ;p

seriously, details? what was the issue? Smile 
Back to top Go down
lightshield

lightshield

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Fyrr wrote:
lightshield wrote:
Fixed the BRA.

ahh you're so cruel ;p

seriously, details? what was the issue? Smile 
The issue was that I didn't have the information of whether a player had finished a storyline or not from the start. So I couldn't figure from the quests whether he "needed" help or not. Later on, when the player would ask for a quest I would get the information about the storyline quests thus fixing the helper arrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remove BRA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remove BRA   Remove BRA I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remove BRA
Page 1 of 1