Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ideas for current/new game features

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
soviet

Ideas for current/new game features Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2013 3:00 am

As I play the undead some refinances may be out of sync such as light infantry consisting of 25 units. I will try to keep it brief as the list is rather long. If you want some insight as to why just ask.

Ideas for current features

Equipment repair:
  • Either drastically reduces the repair time, from 1hr to 5min, or allow up to 12 hour back log of repair queue. As time based queues are silly 10 - 20 items is a good counter.
  • never allow an item to go below 50% of its max durability. Instead allow sensible usage of lower tire fragments to counter the decrement of durability.

Unit recovery
  • Instead of having units being healed after battle hence being benched allow “ reserve troops”.
    To expand on this light infantry of 25 units will have a total of 60 troops in the unit but only 25 will fight, allowing the same unit to fight constantly while troops heal.

Battle:
  • XP/kill system – currently the xp scaling doesn’t seem to reward fairly in some scenarios especially cavalry (please correct before smart people start abandoning the battle on sight).
  • UI – please, please show range of fire, especially important when using + range gear. Additionally splash area highlight with mouse hover while having ranged unit selected.
  • Highlight selected unit on the mini-map, show movement on the mini-map.
  • NPC armies – please change them slightly in appearance to player units, just darken/alter the colours for now. Last thing you want is a new player to join co-op game a few times and say they’ve seen it all.

Ideas for new features

Some of these are clearly already in the works, I’m just making sure that they are on the wanted list in case they’re not on it already.

Buildings
  • Change in appearance at certain milestones, the hero statue is very noticeable and no doubt would be easy to cook up a new appearance every 2 or so upgrades.
  • Mercenary camp! I can’t be the only one out there that wants to play units from other nations (even of the opposing alliance) or just something less generic? The possibilities with this one are vast.

Heroes
  • Why does my hero have to kill someone to get into a unit? Last I checked 25 + 1 = 26 (though the Spartan/harsh proof of worth assumption is amusing).
  • Rank based stats (the +3 points given on level up) an option to reset them or manually distribute would be nice.

Battle
  • X2 speed setting
  • Reduction of enemy archers, face it if archers could shoot over obstacles nobody would play this game or everyone would only use archers. Currently enemy archers are either on a lucky spree killing 2 – 4 troops per volley or being very poor infantry men, dying at a dozen to ratio in melee.
  • In battle bonus objectives, king of the hill in the form of burn down the small village or defend it. Quest reward in the form of reach destination x or destroy inanimate object/neutral npc.
  • One way firing obstacles – the cliffs already seem to point out from where you start seems like half that job is already done.
  • Blood.
  • Maps - battle worn maps and melee intensive caves

Units
  • Augmentations! – other than generic skills every few ranks give an option to rig something e.g. rank 3 heavy gets an option of move faster hit harder or reduction from ranged damage light getting options to hard counter certain classes e.g. bonus chance of damage vs mounts.
  • Much like buildings, visuals should update I can’t be the online expecting max lvl undead heavy to look like lord of the rings lich kings.

There is more along the lines of active skills and fortified maps with interactive buildings but lets not go into distant fantasy.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:38 am

Great feedback Soviet. Thank you for your suggestions!

Quote :
Equipment repair:
Either drastically reduces the repair time, from 1hr to 5min, or allow up to 12 hour back log of repair queue. As time based queues are silly 10 - 20 items is a good counter.
never allow an item to go below 50% of its max durability. Instead allow sensible usage of lower tire fragments to counter the decrement of durability.

We definitely want to provide more "options" to the players as it is currently really a nightmare to repair items for even just 2 units. The idea is to add more repair slots, so players can repair more than one items at any time.

Quote :
XP/kill system – currently the xp scaling doesn’t seem to reward fairly in some scenarios especially cavalry (please correct before smart people start abandoning the battle on sight).

What did you mean with that? I'm a little bit lost...

Quote :
UI – please, please show range of fire, especially important when using + range gear. Additionally splash area highlight with mouse hover while having ranged unit selected.
Highlight selected unit on the mini-map, show movement on the mini-map.

We definitely want a shooting radius but the limitations of Flash are really annoying. It is not a simple thing to add such features without sacrificing performance. However, we are looking into it, as we too believe that this is an important feature. Same goes with the Fog of War, which we believe that will give a different flavor to the game as units will need to have LOS to see a unit. Can you imagine the possibilities here? Smile

Quote :
NPC armies – please change them slightly in appearance to player units, just darken/alter the colours for now. Last thing you want is a new player to join co-op game a few times and say they’ve seen it all.

We have a lot of ideas which we want to implement, but you don't build a a skyscraper if you don't have enough residents. Smile It really depends on the community and how it will embrace BC. If people love BC as you all do (Thank you!), then you can expect much more content... Same applies to the various stages of buildings...

Quote :
Mercenary camp! I can’t be the only one out there that wants to play units from other nations (even of the opposing alliance) or just something less generic? The possibilities with this one are vast.

Definitely something we are looking into! Wink

Quote :
Why does my hero have to kill someone to get into a unit? Last I checked 25 + 1 = 26 (though the Spartan/harsh proof of worth assumption is amusing).
Rank based stats (the +3 points given on level up) an option to reset them or manually distribute would be nice.

It is not part of the mechanics but this could change in the future.

Quote :
X2 speed setting
Reduction of enemy archers, face it if archers could shoot over obstacles nobody would play this game or everyone would only use archers. Currently enemy archers are either on a lucky spree killing 2 – 4 troops per volley or being very poor infantry men, dying at a dozen to ratio in melee.
In battle bonus objectives, king of the hill in the form of burn down the small village or defend it. Quest reward in the form of reach destination x or destroy inanimate object/neutral npc.
One way firing obstacles – the cliffs already seem to point out from where you start seems like half that job is already done.
Blood.
Maps - battle worn maps and melee intensive caves

As I mentioned above, we have a lot of things we would like to add, but the game has to be released one day. Allow us to keep something for post launch! Wink

Great feedback once again Soviet!
Back to top Go down
Yanvicious

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:50 pm

I believe what Soviet was referring to on the "XP/Kill system" part of his suggestion was that the rewards, or at least the experience received from killing units with very few units yield is incredibly low. Often times i can put a heavy unit against 2-3 light units and come out with as many casualties as i might get from a cavalry unit. However, the experience earned from killing the cavalry is less than half in many cases of what is received from killing a unit of light infantry or archers of equal skill level.

One of the big things i would like to see myself is a reward from your faction for your contribution to defending/attacking regions. For example anytime a region changes sides, CP for that region is reset and the faction (system) mails you a reward of some combination of resources, fragments and possibly equipment based on the amount of CP you had accumulated in that region prior to its transfer of ownership.
Back to top Go down
soviet

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 1:32 am

Yanvicious wrote:
I believe what Soviet was referring to on the "XP/Kill system" part of his suggestion was that the rewards, or at least the experience received from killing units with very few units yield is incredibly low. Often times i can put a heavy unit against 2-3 light units and come out with as many casualties as i might get from a cavalry unit. However, the experience earned from killing the cavalry is less than half in many cases of what is received from killing a unit of light infantry or archers of equal skill level.

That's exactly what i meant.

EDIT: I've just killed a solid star(lvl9?) artillery using only 1 unit, through the battle the unit got only 1 kill and nobody else attacked the artillery. That units xp split was 1 xp to the hero for the kill (lvl4 hero) and 4 xp to the unit (lvl 5 unit).

Yanvicious wrote:
One of the big things i would like to see myself is a reward from your faction for your contribution to defending/attacking regions. For example anytime a region changes sides, CP for that region is reset and the faction (system) mails you a reward of some combination of resources, fragments and possibly equipment based on the amount of CP you had accumulated in that region prior to its transfer of ownership.

This will decide the rating of this game. Not entirely but it will be the solid overview reason for anyone to conquer (other than guild-region relation).
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:43 am

Valid points.

Currently the XPs are awarded per troop kill not unit kill. If multiple units are engaged, then upon a troop kill, XPs will be distributed to the inflictors of damage (1 HP of damage), whether they are units or heroes. It would be unfair to award the XPs to the killing blow and not award the unit(s)/hero(es) which have inflicted damage as well.

However, although the system is just fine, it will offer fewer XPs for units which are consisted of only a few troops BUT with more HPs per troop, for example cavalry.

Expect a change tomorrow in a quick hotfix. We have changed it so the XPs awarded are HP and type dependent.

However, although the cavalry unit needs to be unlocked after the heavy infantry unit, it doesn't mean that it is stronger than a heavy infantry. Depending on the situation, it could devastate a heavy infantry but in a long engagement between a heavy infantry and a cavalry unit, the heavy infantry should come out of it victorious. Cavalry units are now overpowered units which will kill anything in sight. They are supposed to be treated as shock units which can inflict extensive damage upon certain conditions.
Having said that, the XP granted from the total destruction of a heavy infantry unit will always yield more XPs compared to the destruction of a cavalry unit. It is currently quite low though and it will be fixed tomorrow.

Quote :

Already one step ahead of you. Smile Users will be able to claim rewards, which will vary according to the CPs they have yielded in a certain region. There will be 3-4 variations, with different CPs "cost" and the rewards will be random including resources, fragments, items AND GEMS in the higher tiers.

You can expect this feature exactly after the guilds. When the Guilds are enabled, in the next few days, we will be working on the above feature and then Guild Warfare to spice up things in the world map. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for current/new game features   Ideas for current/new game features I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ideas for current/new game features
Page 1 of 1