Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Oingoboingo

Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP Empty
PostSubject: Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP   Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 am

Hey Guys,

I find it very hard to notice a difference in xp gains when either using an item that gives bonus xp or when controlling a Training Grounds territory.  How about splitting up the end-of-match stats with base xp and bonus xp?

Also, it seems that the number of kills is a very important factor in the xp calculations, but that killing mercs (which can be more difficult than killing even 3 or 4 enemy infantry or archer units) doesn't give nearly enough xp given their difficulty.  It seems that I get almost double the XP from solo battles when fighting enemies that don't use mercs and I'm guessing it's because my kill count is higher, even though the enemies are weaker.  If this is the case maybe you guys could look into tweaking the xp awards when fighting mercs.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Oingo
Back to top Go down
Bobba

PostSubject: Re: Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP   Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:54 am

Oingoboingo wrote:
Hey Guys,

I find it very hard to notice a difference in xp gains when either using an item that gives bonus xp or when controlling a Training Grounds territory.  How about splitting up the end-of-match stats with base xp and bonus xp?

Also, it seems that the number of kills is a very important factor in the xp calculations, but that killing mercs (which can be more difficult than killing even 3 or 4 enemy infantry or archer units) doesn't give nearly enough xp given their difficulty.  It seems that I get almost double the XP from solo battles when fighting enemies that don't use mercs and I'm guessing it's because my kill count is higher, even though the enemies are weaker.  If this is the case maybe you guys could look into tweaking the xp awards when fighting mercs.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Oingo
Agreed.

Before mercs, nightmares generally got me 150-400 experience on every unit. After adding in mercs (even though battles are harder) the experience per units is down to average of 100-230 (with training grounds!). Leveling up is quite a bit harder now.
Back to top Go down
Ellthune

Ellthune

PostSubject: Re: Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP   Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 2:35 pm

Wow I did not notice this. Great post.

They should definitely fix up BC Mercs. If anything they should give more XP, hope this gets fixed.
Back to top Go down
Tibr

Tibr

PostSubject: Re: Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP   Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 12:19 am

The bonus xp is intransparent. I could not bet that it works because i dont see it. I dont notice differences because there are so many variables in the end result (Dragonslayer, TG, Items, Boosts). It goes that far that i still cant tell for sure that i get any bonus xp even being +25% xp equipped compared to other units.

Splitting the xp table at the end of the battle to base+bonus would be great.

I never properly looked into merc xp, but there are differences from battle to battle - also when fighting undead. I assume that undead are granting more xp because of the bigger unit numbers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP   Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Base XP vs. Bonus XP and Merc XP
Page 1 of 1