Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Must haves before release

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

Must haves before release Empty
PostSubject: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:27 pm

For everyone to know what benefits each race has, since some are changing and new people have no idea of what they were during beta, there has to be a comprehensive explanation of each race and its benefits. This is certainly true for me, as I would not have picked my race, and went with another.

If this is not done, you run the risk of people quitting, being unhappy with the choice and wanting to change, etc. Unhappy players mean lost players. Smile

Second there has to be a really good tutorial, one aspect that so many people had was that they didn't know how to equip heroes into the army. Giving a good start insures that people get off on the right foot. A lot of beta players reported not building wisely and it hurting their progress, so again, happy people, happy players. Smile

I do have reservations (since I have seen this happen many, many times) about releasing before the project is done. You can see this in any forum in any standard commercial game. Patches or updates on the day of release, cause the need to start cash flow is more important than the need to have a product that they are truly proud of and finished the way it was intended. Please do not make this mistake. One of the reasons I will NOT play Zynga games was a statement from the CEO that said (paraphrasing) "We just threw the game together cause we needed something out there to start making money off of." BTW, kick their ass in court Smile

I had this discussion with a few of the beta players, and we agree on the principle. We are certainly willing to keep polishing the game, but without guilds tested, and other items, that seem to be slated for release some time after release, we are afraid the game with the great potential it has, will just become a project that keeps getting changed as time goes on. Don't confuse additional content to keep interest with basic gameplay. New regions, new quests, those sort of things can breathe new life into an older game, but the guilds, that is going to be central to the gameplay, we haven't even tested capital siege yet, there is so much we feel still needs done. But this is just our 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 10:10 pm

I don't think I could put it any more eloquently the Glor just did. With so many things untested, it's important to find out that they work as advertised. You can all do the testing that you want, but unless it appeals to the players and how they also envision it, you could end up with egg on your face. We are well aware everything will be reset soon, but just hand us the keys for a few days, and try out this new ride. Let's try out the weapons and the guild features for a week or two and knock the dust off of them. You should get all the info you need with no restrictions on the beta builds.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:57 am

Glorfindel and Deadpool, thank you for your comments. Smile

Quote :
For everyone to know what benefits each race has, since some are changing and new people have no idea of what they were during beta, there has to be a comprehensive explanation of each race and its benefits. This is certainly true for me, as I would not have picked my race, and went with another.

If this is not done, you run the risk of people quitting, being unhappy with the choice and wanting to change, etc. Unhappy players mean lost players.

As mentioned before, in the registration screen and in each description of the race there will be a line explaining the racial bonus.

Eg. Racial Bonus: 5% production bonus for wood, stone and iron

Quote :
Second there has to be a really good tutorial, one aspect that so many people had was that they didn't know how to equip heroes into the army. Giving a good start insures that people get off on the right foot. A lot of beta players reported not building wisely and it hurting their progress, so again, happy people, happy players.

The tutorial will slightly change and the quest system will continue from where the tutorial will stop. Current players haven't seen the initial quests, which take the player by the hand and instruct them to upgrade the resource buildings first, recruit a hero, equip a hero etc. We didn't want to have a large and extensive tutorial as most of the users do not like long tutorials and most of the times skip them, so we designed a series of quests which work as a guide.

Quote :
I do have reservations (since I have seen this happen many, many times) about releasing before the project is done. You can see this in any forum in any standard commercial game. Patches or updates on the day of release, cause the need to start cash flow is more important than the need to have a product that they are truly proud of and finished the way it was intended. Please do not make this mistake. One of the reasons I will NOT play Zynga games was a statement from the CEO that said (paraphrasing) "We just threw the game together cause we needed something out there to start making money off of." BTW, kick their ass in court

Being a Moderator doesn't mean that I am not a gamer too. Smile I couldn't agree more with you, but that is but one side of the coin. There exist many layers in a company and not all of the layers have the ability to make decisions. All the layers can make suggestions but there is only one layer which actually makes the decisions. Smile

Having said that, the game will always be in development, because we have tons of things that we want to add to the game. We believe in shaping the game together with the players because after all, the game is made for them... However, the game needs to be released one day... Smile Zynga and other companies have said a lot and we cannot comment on that, but we can assure you that we create games because we love them and we want people who are playing our games to love them too. However, the game needs to show its potential so the means used for its development can be justified...which leads to launch date. Smile

In regards to the guilds, we do not believe that the game will lose its potential because the guilds are not going to be part of the release. People will want to first "learn" the game, get acquainted with the battle mechanics and the crafting system, unlock units and then be part of a group. Ideally we would like to have that feature in prior to the official release, but we do not live in an ideal world. Smile Even so, the guild system is almost ready, so you can expect it in a week or so after the official launch, so again we do not believe it is going to be a big thing not having it on day 1.

We could not be happier having dedicated and serious beta users like you and all the rest participating in the beta version of Battle Conquest and we want to assure you that we are doing the best we can to make a difference in the industry. With your help we can make this happen.

Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 5:26 am

I am just worried about 2 things.

1. Many games end up being greedy and putting even normal end game content available as Paid Only for people who spend money on the game. This would include but not limited to "Final Building Level" or "Special Unit" available as a paid only option.

I agree that ultimately the game needs to generate some revenue and this is how it does. Also, for people who do not have time to spend on the game, this happens to be a great equalizer. They can just buy their way back in the game. However, keeping simple things such as a "Race Change" or "Name Change" paid is the ultimate downer on any game. I hope BC doesn't go down that road.

This worries me for the following that, right now on the onset we are unaware of what race to choose we are going to choose a race based solely upon it's racial bonus. But we are unaware of 2 things here again - a.) Special Abilities and how they work out. & b.) Special Units and how they fare up. So consider the situation Elves have a completely useless Racial Bonus, but say they have Good Special Abilities & Special Unit. So based on this I want to play as an Elf.

This is not possible in the current scenario, that is of the 3 things that affect my choice of playing a particular race - a.) Racial Bonus, b.) Special Abilities, c.) Special Units. I know only 33.3% of what to expect and make a choice. The other two are basically not currently available to me for making a prudent decision.

So please do not keep a "Race Change" as a paid only option at least initially. I also believe the Racial bonus for all Races needs to be tweaked a bit more. Some are temporary and some are permanent. Bonus in Command Points is Permanent. Bonus in extra production or faster build time is temporary.

2. I hope you integrate an Indian Payment Gateway. So that *cough* *cough* some Indian players can also buy some stuff. Paypal doesn't support Indian Banks / Debit Cards, So far the only non-Indian site I have seen supporting Indian Banks / Debit Cards is GoDaddy.com (Can provide more details on this if required.)

----

Besides this eagerly awaiting the release! Embarassed

Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 am

CycLonite wrote:

I am just worried about 2 things.

1. Many games end up being greedy and putting even normal end game content available as Paid Only for people who spend money on the game. This would include but not limited to "Final Building Level" or "Special Unit" available as a paid only option.

I agree that ultimately the game needs to generate some revenue and this is how it does. Also, for people who do not have time to spend on the game, this happens to be a great equalizer. They can just buy their way back in the game. However, keeping simple things such as a "Race Change" or "Name Change" paid is the ultimate downer on any game. I hope BC doesn't go down that road.

This worries me for the following that, right now on the onset we are unaware of what race to choose we are going to choose a race based solely upon it's racial bonus. But we are unaware of 2 things here again - a.) Special Abilities and how they work out. & b.) Special Units and how they fare up. So consider the situation Elves have a completely useless Racial Bonus, but say they have Good Special Abilities & Special Unit. So based on this I want to play as an Elf.

This is not possible in the current scenario, that is of the 3 things that affect my choice of playing a particular race - a.) Racial Bonus, b.) Special Abilities, c.) Special Units. I know only 33.3% of what to expect and make a choice. The other two are basically not currently available to me for making a prudent decision.

So please do not keep a "Race Change" as a paid only option at least initially. I also believe the Racial bonus for all Races needs to be tweaked a bit more. Some are temporary and some are permanent. Bonus in Command Points is Permanent. Bonus in extra production or faster build time is temporary.

2. I hope you integrate an Indian Payment Gateway. So that *cough* *cough* some Indian players can also buy some stuff. Paypal doesn't support Indian Banks / Debit Cards, So far the only non-Indian site I have seen supporting Indian Banks / Debit Cards is GoDaddy.com (Can provide more details on this if required.)

----

Besides this eagerly awaiting the release! Embarassed

Well, we don't believe we are being greedy in terms of the premium items.

Premium items will include the following:

1) VIP accounts which include several premium items for X period of time

2) Speed ups for construction, healing units and heroes and research. (10', 30', 1 hour and 2 hours)

3) Purchase of resources in amounts depending on the level of the warehouse

4) Production bonus, Research Bonus, XP Bonus for Heroes and Units for X period of time

5) Chests which give you random items and fragments

6) A one time only purchase which allows the players to upgrade their buildings beyond level 9.

In regards to the special abilities of units, I may prepare a list today and post it here. Wink

As for the payment system, we use a third party so currently I do not have this information, but I can find out. However, I know that they are providing services to millions of users from all over the world.
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:34 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

6) A one time only purchase which allows the players to upgrade their buildings beyond level 9.

Shocked
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 8:30 am

CycLonite wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Shocked

All the beta users will be granted with that and will also receive an amount of Gems so as to make purchases in the Store. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dreiko21

Dreiko21

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:08 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

All the beta users will be granted with that and will also receive an amount of Gems so as to make purchases in the Store. Smile

/love Developers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Zep

Zep

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:18 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
CycLonite wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Shocked

Thank you! Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers bounce

Dreiko21 wrote:

/love Developers cheers cheers cheers cheers

Have to agree with Dreiko!
Back to top Go down
Glorfindel

Glorfindel

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 10:15 am

I wouldn't mind also buying a t-shirt if you guys have them availible. Its a habit of mine, when availible. You might even want to have that on the purchase list as well. Can't hurt on publicity Smile
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 8:26 pm

I also wouldn't mind buying a Tshirt.

I would like to see some permanent items or things for sale. Maybe a new limited edition weapon every month lasting for three days that never has to be repaired. Stuff like that. I tend to spend my gems on permanent things. Everything else wouldn't honestly put me that far ahead as activity is the most important resource in games like these.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 am

Deadpool wrote:
I also wouldn't mind buying a Tshirt.

I would like to see some permanent items or things for sale. Maybe a new limited edition weapon every month lasting for three days that never has to be repaired. Stuff like that. I tend to spend my gems on permanent things. Everything else wouldn't honestly put me that far ahead as activity is the most important resource in games like these.

We like the idea of the limited edition weapons/items.

As for T-Shirts and other items, we already have a plan which includes not only T-Shirts, but also figures from each race. However, such items will be offered later on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Must haves before release   Must haves before release I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Must haves before release
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: