Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

GW - Co-Op and PVP

Go down 
+5
Nethack
kuba_
Souless
Hegorn
Necrodave
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:23 pm

So.... I noticed the new "participate in GW" option which sends you to either Co-Op or PVP. Apparently it could be either and I have no choice in the matter.

I don't care for that. I don't like PVP and I don't wanna do it.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:31 pm

You can choose to just Solo for CP/Influence.

Theyre trying out the combined pvp/co-op lobby to see how well it works. They want this game to have a very active community of PvPers, hence the balance passes in the last couple patches. Its a work in progress.

Back to top Go down
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 pm

Hegorn wrote:
You can choose to just Solo for CP/Influence.

Theyre trying out the combined pvp/co-op lobby to see how well it works. They want this game to have a very active community of PvPers, hence the balance passes in the last couple patches. Its a work in progress.

I know about the solo, but thanks.

I guess I can check the PVP lobby to see if I'm in danger of getting sucked into an unwanted PVP.

Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 10:50 pm

I love the actual co op+PvP GW queue, even if it makes me lose to Vena sometimes Smile
Back to top Go down
kuba_

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Necrodave you can always go to usual coop, but you wont gain any influence points for guild
Back to top Go down
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 11:25 pm

kuba_ wrote:
Necrodave you can always go to usual coop, but you wont gain any influence points for guild

Kuba thanks but I WANT to gain influence points for guild.

I'm just letting them know my opinion - we don't all like PVP. You can't push people into it, especially if there is no reward. I'm not gonna fight guys in godlikes all day. I don't have that kind of money, and really, whats the point?
Back to top Go down
Nethack

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:06 am

Runeslayer already said somewhere that PvP is the real game and that everything else is there to train you for that.

Why don't you want PvP anyway ? Smacking endlessly a dumb AI without any risk of loosing isn't really gratifying.
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:56 am

Well, so far we were used to have the freedom to play coop as much as our healed troops were able to do when we ran out of command points. So it is only natural to have expected the same for GW. But after your points reach 0 now, you are left out of the new GW if you do not care to PvP for whatever reason so I guess that´s where he is coming from.

For example, I wanted to get into PvP only when I get my new Computer next month since coop with 3 players is already a lagfest most of the time and I can not imagine the horror in PvP with up to 6. Teleporting enemies, partners yelling at me because I do not help for I can not control any units properly and so on.

For now I am avoiding GW coop for the mess that all other banners are the same colors and you can not tell friend from foe after some time. After that is solved I will probably see how often PvP is forced on me and then decide if I better split: points --> GW | coop --> regular frontline...

Tldr: I do not think it is that much of a drama, but it is understandable that some people feel robbed of their own choice how to play, at least in GW! Wink
Back to top Go down
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:27 am

Nethack wrote:
Runeslayer already said somewhere that PvP is the real game and that everything else is there to train you for that.

Why don't you want PvP anyway ? Smacking endlessly a dumb AI without any risk of loosing isn't really gratifying.

Being smacked endlessly by some guy in godlikes without any chance of winning isn't gratifying.  Maybe I don't care to grind for 1000 hours or pay 100 bucks to gear up.  But I still want to play.  Maybe I don't care to PVP YET, or at the moment.

God I hate forums.
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:41 am

Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:

Being smacked endlessly by some guy in godlikes without any chance of winning isn't gratifying.  Maybe I don't care to grind for 1000 hours or pay 100 bucks to gear up.  But I still want to play.  Maybe I don't care to PVP YET, or at the moment.

God I hate forums.
Spending 4 hours at work and earning 100 dollars worth of kredits to buy your godlikes is much less frustrating than grinding for hours or for months 24/7 for a godlike item crafted
If you really want to enjoy the game, there is only a way, to pay Smile
Back to top Go down
Nethack

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 3:48 am

Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:

God I hate forums.

The devs already said that there will be separated PvP queues for GLs / non GLs. If I remember correctly, it will be as soon as tomorrow. So you will not fight PvP against all GLs users if you aren't yourself.

And if you don't wanna PvP yet, then can't you go to normal coop ? I think it's available everywhere where your guild don't put GW orders. So basically everywhere.

Now, if you wanna gain influence without PvP you're out of luck I suppose. But it's pretty normal that grinding AI doesn't bring much influence IMO. And even then you can still solo the region where your guild put it's orders and gain influence.

Sounds like you don't like to hear opinions which are different from yours.
Back to top Go down
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:07 am

Nethack wrote:

It sounds like you have poor reading comprehension.
Back to top Go down
Nethack

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:25 am

Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:

Says the guys who failed to adress any relevant point of the discussion.

I answered every single point of the topic with details. And you quoted the last sentence... now are you done ? Go whine somewhere else.

No wonder you're not cut for pvp big baby.
Back to top Go down
Necrodave

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:43 am

Nethack wrote:
Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:

I answered every single point of the topic with details. And you quoted the last sentence... now are you done ? Go whine somewhere else.

Lol! Exactly, dude, exactly why I hate forums! You started out all hostile and condescending, telling me I'm playing the game wrong(!), and just continued from there. Now you've turned it into a thing and you're gonna flame at me.

Yeah, I'm pretty much done. I've run out of give a crap. I'm gonna go do something fun.
Back to top Go down
Nethack

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:53 am

Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:
Necrodave wrote:
Nethack wrote:

Lol!  Exactly, dude, exactly why I hate forums!  You started out all hostile and condescending, telling me I'm playing the game wrong(!), and just continued from there.  Now you've turned it into a thing and you're gonna flame at me.  

Yeah, I'm pretty much done.  I've run out of give a crap.  I'm gonna go do something fun.

With my first post I was trying to encourage you to try pvp since it's the only important part of the game. But obviously, you already decided against.

Imo, you're the condescending one with your remarks, and the one who start a topic with the sole purpose of complaining. But whatever.

Btw, it's a statement from the devs that pvp is the end goal of the game. So yeah, you're playing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
Bobba

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 am

Just because PvP is the focus of the game doesn't mean people can't enjoy other parts more. If GL's are your problem, than yes though, waiting for the new queues should help you enjoy PvP mode more, and should prevent you from being set up against massive amounts of GL's when you haven't brought any yourself.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:55 am

Bobba wrote:
Just because PvP is the focus of the game doesn't mean people can't enjoy other parts more. If GL's are your problem, than yes though, waiting for the new queues should help you enjoy PvP mode more, and should prevent you from being set up against massive amounts of GL's when you haven't brought any yourself.

Although I like PVP the most about this game and the devs have said that pvp is the most important part of the game. The thing I don't like is that I waste my pvp gear on coop.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:59 am

Gentlemen, as it has stated in another post of mine and in the patch notes, if I am not mistaken, we are introducing Tiers in the PvP Lobby tomorrow. That means that depending on the Gear Score of a player, they will be placed in the appropriate Tier. This way, a player who is fully equipped with Godlikes, will never play against a player who doesn't have his Gear Score.

Finally, each Tier provides bonuses in drop rates, loot and CP/Influence.

Let's see how that will work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:25 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Gentlemen, as it has stated in another post of mine and in the patch notes, if I am not mistaken, we are introducing Tiers in the PvP Lobby tomorrow. That means that depending on the Gear Score of a player, they will be placed in the appropriate Tier. This way, a player who is fully equipped with Godlikes, will never play against a player who doesn't have his Gear Score.

Ah yes Runeslayer like the new way but i'm curious say i bring my two gl's to a pvp queue. Will that subject me to face a player with full gl's?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:32 am

Scaren wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

Ah yes Runeslayer like the new way but i'm curious say i bring my two gl's to a pvp queue. Will that subject me to face a player with full gl's?

How is that possible? Of course not... It's a Tier based system. For example:

Tier 1: 0 Gear Score (That means no items)

Tier 1: 1-25 Gear Score

Tier 2: 26 - 80 Gear Score etc. etc. Wink
Back to top Go down
Scaren

Scaren

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 am

RuneSlayer wrote:
Scaren wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:

How is that possible? Of course not... It's a Tier based system. For example:

Tier 1: 0 Gear Score (That means no items)

Tier 1: 1-25 Gear Score

Tier 2: 26 - 80 Gear Score etc. etc.   Wink

thank you I thought it was a gear based thing so like highest gear uncommon you are placed with uncommon. highest gear gl you are placed with gl.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:06 am

That wouldn't make too much sense....it would still cause problems...However, with the gear score and the tiers, it should work.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:28 pm

The merging of PvP/Co-Op was said to be a bit of an experiment by the devs, so feedback on it is important to give them. Thats what Necrodave did. I wont attack his personal preference.

Here is how I view the combined queue:

• PvE will never give the same challenge as PvP, but not everyone wants to PvP all the time. It is completely understandable if they dont feel the game is balanced enough yet, or maybe they just dont feel like being that competitive at that moment. Thats completely fine and for this reason alone, PvE and PvP need to be viable options to access/contribute to all content.
  • PvP badly needed a bigger pool of players to draw from. If it doesnt have a large pool of players, it cannot matchmake properly and/or there will be long delays between matches. The combined queue helps with this.
  • While I can empathize with necro's point of view, I do think there are good enough options for players who do not want to PvP (solo NMs and non-GW Co-Ops). PvE should have a place, but it doesnt have to give the same rewards as PvP content.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:30 pm

RuneSlayer wrote:
That wouldn't make too much sense....it would still cause problems...However, with the gear score and the tiers, it should work.
Could you explain how the Gearscore system works in more detail for the patch?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Hegorn wrote:
RuneSlayer wrote:
Could you explain how the Gearscore system works in more detail for the patch?

Simple Hegorn.

Gear Score = The combined AP value of all the items in an army.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GW - Co-Op and PVP Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW - Co-Op and PVP   GW - Co-Op and PVP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW - Co-Op and PVP
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: