Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This doesn't make much sense...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Realf Lantow

This doesn't make much sense... Empty
PostSubject: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 am

Hi Devs
you're item creation design combined with starting stats/capped stats leaves me wondering at something...
ALL archers have starting range within 15 of maximum range; yet it's quite possible to purchase a GL item (randomly created, mind you) with 30 range on it, thus "wasting" 15 range, as well as the related AP.

Shouldn't the calculator for making GL items prevent that item from significantly over-capping ANY unit's stat?

If this were a problem with only one race, or even two races, I would understand. However, when this can happen with all the races I think it's a bit, well, not thought out properly...

With regards,
A sincerely frustrated owner of an AWESOME GL item for Archers, which turned out (after some thought) to be less awesome than it seems,
Realf Lantow
PS maybe this is a hint that we're going to eventually get "uber-archer" units, such as many games have for a special unit in varying races (rangers? hint-hint...) which have the same gear (archer gear) but more distance between starting and cap stats? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:49 am

Realf Lantow wrote:
PS maybe this is a hint that we're going to eventually get "uber-archer" units, such as many games have for a special unit in varying races (rangers? hint-hint...) which have the same gear (archer gear) but more distance between starting and cap stats? Pretty please? With a cherry on top?

Do I have to say more...? Wink
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:06 am

Good point, elf.

RuneSlayer wrote:
Do I have to say more...?

YES YOU DO! And damn, another OP unit for elves Suspect, my charging tactic becomes less and less useful, lol.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:23 am

Well...in reality you should be wondering what type of units the OTHER races, including yours, are receiving.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Zara

Zara

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:32 am

DL getting Souleaters that can travel through Warp aka teleporting (limited to artillerie range)? Pretty please with 2!!! cherries on top? Hey if the elf gets uber archers from saying pretty please, that´s a route I can go as well! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 2:53 am

Zara wrote:
Pretty please with 2!!! cherries on top? Hey if the elf gets uber archers from saying pretty please, that´s a route I can go as well! cheers 

i have a hunch that Rune doesn't like cherries Razz 

RuneSlayer wrote:
Well...in reality you should be wondering what type of units the OTHER races, including yours, are receiving

Ha, who says we're not wondering.
I'll just ask you - please, not another slow slow unit for us. Speed and attack!
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:12 am

Fyrr wrote:
And damn, another OP unit for elves Suspect, my charging down long open lanes tactic becomes less and less useful, lol.
    Here, I fixed that for you.

Fyrr wrote:
Good point, elf.
Back to top Go down
Fyrr
The Unyielding
Fyrr

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 6:25 am

Hegorn wrote:
Fyrr wrote:
And damn, another OP unit for elves Suspect, my charging down long open lanes tactic becomes less and less useful, lol.

Here, I fixed that for you.

Fyrr wrote:
Good point, elf.

Haha you're a genius!.

But the shortest route is usually the long open lane Smile 

(note to self: stop saying such general words as dwarf or elf, they get...distorted)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This doesn't make much sense...   This doesn't make much sense... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This doesn't make much sense...
Page 1 of 1