Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

increased AP of heroes

Go down 
+2
Archer
ezeltje
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ezeltje

ezeltje

increased AP of heroes Empty
PostSubject: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 am

Perhaps i missed it, but heroes have a (largely) increased AP value. I could not find it anywhere in the update announcement (see quote down) so i'm wondering if this change is correct or isnt.

RuneSlayer wrote:
Changes/Additions:

- We have changed the relation of AP to stats values in order to have a smoother progression. Therefore, AP values for the items have changed. Common, uncommon and some rare items have now reduced AP, while epic and godlike have either the same or a slightly higher AP value.

- The AP of the Heroes' items have been reduced to around 40% of the actual AP value of an item for an ordinary unit.

- In order to retain the archetype of each unit, we have increased/reduced stats caps for all the units. Before the change, an Infantry unit could become a Heavy Infantry unit with the right combination of items. For example, an Infantry unit has a lower Armor cap than a Heavy Infantry unit

This all seems to turn on items used by units/heroes, not actually heroes itself.
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:12 am

I noticed this as well. Pre-patch heroes cost about 10-ish AP (with swing depending on high/low level) I could heavily equip it for less than the cost of a naked hero now; 60ap for my level 8--And I can't even pick the stats anymore... half of their ranks went into missile.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:30 am

As mentioned in a previous post:

Heroes had very low AP for their role in battle. A level 8 Hero has min. 10 HPs and around 45 stat bonuses, excluding the armor/weapon technology bonuses. They also provide re-rolls to the unit's Morale checks. However, the AP of their items were truly very high, which is why we reduced them a lot.
Back to top Go down
Chip56

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:51 am

While I agree that heroes were cheap before now they seem a bit over expensive. I doubt 1 hero is worth a full stack of units that can flank/rear you.

And if I have the choice between cheap heroes for everyone or too expensive ones I take the cheap ones for everyone.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 am

Chip56 wrote:
While I agree that heroes were cheap before now they seem a bit over expensive. I doubt 1 hero is worth a full stack of units that can flank/rear you.

And if I have the choice between cheap heroes for everyone or too expensive ones I take the cheap ones for everyone.

Actually they do. The whole confusion with the new changes has to do with the AP allowed in an army, a value which hasn't changed dynamically as it should. To give you an example of the new values:

New status: Barracks lvl 14 = 1726

Quick fix coming up.
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 am

RuneSlayer wrote:

New status: Barracks lvl 14 = 1726

Quick fix coming up.

Hum... Yup, that's the real issue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ezeltje

ezeltje

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 4:34 am

that was a truely quick fix Smile my compliments for that! keep it up Wink
Back to top Go down
Quadq

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 am

Personally, I am glad that the AP cost of heroes jumped. For instance, heroes in my Assault troops have been tremendous in keeping them alive to inflict damage. In addition, the morale check has been very nice as well too for non-assault troops.

Heroes are so important that it makes sense. I dont gear them though (so I have not tested the new AP cost of equipment).

Lastly, in several battles my heroes have been by themselves (after the rest of the assault troops died) and have taken on LI, archers (no surprise), HI and even cavalry and won. So, the AP cost makes sense. I dont have any lv 10 heroes yet but I have several lv 8s and it seems reasonable to me.

I play DL...so dont know how it affects other armies.
Back to top Go down
Archer

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:08 pm

I still think heroes are way overpriced, even for all they do.

However with the near doubling of the barracks capacity, it pretty much alleviates the issue.
Back to top Go down
ezeltje

ezeltje

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I think the AP cost for a hero at this moment is pretty good... now i can bring more HI's to the battlefield as a dwarf because it throws in a big deal of AP on my Li/Lia's, which is ofcourse handy as a dwarf (atleast for coop and gaining MvP):$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: increased AP of heroes   increased AP of heroes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

increased AP of heroes
Page 1 of 1