Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Chip56

Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator Empty
PostSubject: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 12:35 pm

With all the talk about balance I often get the feeling that some people overestimate/ underestimate some units/ attributes.

For example I have the feeling that many people underestimate the disadvantage of slow speed (dwarves) or the reduced HP of dark legion HI.

And I really wish I could somehow prove this (or get proven wrong) but unfortunately the only way to prove it would be in combat and if you want to compare dwarves to humans or elves that's a bit harder.

And while I doubt we will get it, I sometimes wish we had access to a combat simulator where we could set the race and the units (perhaps the rank) and just prove whether certain units really live up to their reputation (bad or good)
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 1:51 pm

I would not complain as a dwarf but look at the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0ArV4Zx5QVPN0dGVGWEYzTlhaWmtKUDl6VUxvcGJjemc&gid=1

DL HI
numbers per unit: 16
HP: 1
total HP: 16

DL Cavalry
numbers per unit: 4
HP: 2
total HP: 8

DL archers are the worst in the game and they lack of good HP for their melees too, this sounds unfair, the comparison between other armored units is not even paying off the lower numbers or HP

I have posted an entire discussion about this
http://www.battleconforum.com/t496-dark-legion-heavy-infantry-and-cavalry-are-not-balanced-correctly
Back to top Go down
Latexlord

Latexlord

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 12:23 am

We shouldn't start that kind of thread... Or I will speak of human that have... Ah, yeah : nothing. At least nothing that orcs or elves can't do in a better way = better stats for those 2 races than human. Even orc heavy got better stats and higher morale Shocked

OT : a combat simulator could be interesting Smile
Back to top Go down
Souless

Souless

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 5:47 am

I support the idea of implementing a simulator, I had a combat simulator when I played Travian game and it was a nice tool before a battle, I hope Runeslayer won't be too busy with other bugs and ideas, the combat simulator is a must have tool for every strategy-army game
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 5:07 am

I wouldnt mind seeing a combat simulator. With enough knowledge of the combat mechanics, someone could build one too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator   Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sometimes I wish there was a combat simulator
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: