Battle Conquest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the official Forum of the real time strategy game Battle Conquest!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Language Blockers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Deadpool

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 23, 2013 10:42 pm

The system threatened to ban me for swearing. Now I admit I said two swear words today, but seeing as I knew they would be blocked, they weren't used in an insulting context, no one saw anything.

You have a problem with you banning system. I might have a little bit colorful language, but there are others that are insulting and do much worse than I ever would and I get banned? Does it count words blocked and you hit a certain limit you get banned? There are certain words it blocks that shouldn't even be counted. I told someone sorry I screwed up, and it got ***** out. I said the word cocky once, which is a personality trait, but that got blocked out too. Banning me from the game is insane, banning me from chat is understandable. Is there human review over this or does what the system says go?

So if I say cocky one more time I'm gone? Might as well keep me gone at that point.
Back to top Go down
Mephy

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 8:48 am

On top of that, words like "analyze" are restricted.
Back to top Go down
Hegorn

Hegorn

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm

I agree something had to be done - but automated full bans based on an iffy word filter isnt a great idea.

Instead of automated full bans, automated squelching of chat rights makes more sense and wont take much dev time away from the big features theyre working on now. Repeated uses increase the chat ban time.

If I cant use chat for 5mins because I used one of the relatively benign chat filter words, that might annoy me a bit. If I persistently use it, then sure - increase the 5mins to 20mins, then 1hr, and so on.

Automated systems shouldnt have the power to ban unless they are quite sophisticated. Even then, I'd think a human-involved appeals process would bt good to have.
Back to top Go down
RuneSlayer

RuneSlayer

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 7:07 am

Quote :
The system threatened to ban me for swearing. Now I admit I said two swear words today, but seeing as I knew they would be blocked, they weren't used in an insulting context, no one saw anything. 

You have a problem with you banning system. I might have a little bit colorful language, but there are others that are insulting and do much worse than I ever would and I get banned? Does it count words blocked and you hit a certain limit you get banned? There are certain words it blocks that shouldn't even be counted. I told someone sorry I screwed up, and it got ***** out. I said the word cocky once, which is a personality trait, but that got blocked out too. Banning me from the game is insane, banning me from chat is understandable. Is there human review over this or does what the system says go?

So if I say cocky one more time I'm gone? Might as well keep me gone at that point.

Truth is, we were trying to find a way to ban you Deadpool. Wink

We will look into that.
Back to top Go down
Deadpool

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 pm

I knew you guys were jerks. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gorlak

Gorlak

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 29, 2013 12:33 am

This is getting ridiculous

Language Blockers Filter10

Incidentally, the system messages didn't appear until after I'd made my comments, including the one about the canals in Venice. So although they seem to have been included in the conversation at the correct points, they didn't show up in my chat box until later.  Thinking about it, it may have even been after I'd navigated away to start writing in the forum.

The point is, if you're going to ban people for swearing, please ensure they actually are swearing and not using words like 'screwdriver' and 'canal'. As it stands, if I'd made a comment about using a corkscrew in a canal-side cocktail bar in Scunthorpe, I'd probably get an insta-ban.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Language Blockers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Language Blockers   Language Blockers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Language Blockers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Battle Conquest :: General Discussion for Battle Conquest-
Jump to: